Cannot Recommend SEIKI TVs...BBB Rating = F

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Dyre Straits, Dec 11, 2013.

1. steves6403

steves6403 Active Member

I bought a 32inch sonic for 229$ from jb. I got the 3 year replacement warranty so if stuffs up with in 3 years they'll give me a new one from jb. Walk in walk out

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

It's kind of retarded if you ask me, but, the day after they shipped the wrong HDTV a Return to Sender was put on the order. But, UPS allowed the package to reach all the way from California to Atlanta before they decided to ship it all the way back to California!

I'm positive that somewhere along the line when it was scanned it could have been pulled and put on the next truck going back instead of making it to my backyard before doing that.

And, I'm also quite sure that they won't send the correct HDTV until this one is back in their possession...which is scheduled to arrive this coming Friday "by end of day."

3. Dyre Straits

The last email I got, late last week tells that they are trying to "find" me a TV. ????

Here is the company that MAKES the TVs and they are trying to FIND one???

No wonder this company has an "F" rating on the BBB!

And, yes, I'm still without a HDTV...going on TWO MONTHS now.

4. Dyre Straits

They have FINALLY shipped the 47 inch LED!

BUT, they messed up the Tracking Number by missing one digit. The number is presently invalid until they send me the corrected number.

5. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

they should upgrade you to a 60" just for the inconvenience.. god, it seems like chaos in that company

6. Dyre Straits

This whole ordeal has been a total experience in irritation, aggravation, frustration, exasperation, and would have been hair-pulling -- IF I had any hair left to pull.

And, nearly 5 days after the TV was shipped, I STILL don't have a valid Tracking Number!

7. Dyre Straits

FINALLY! I got a valid tracking number just a little bit ago. HDTV is due to arrive by end of day this coming Thursday. Since it's coming by ground, though, AND since there's a huge winter snow/ice storm in action at the moment, that might change.

8. Dyre Straits

Due to the snow storm...but mostly due to the ineptness of our local and state government emergency departments...the delivery of my HDTV has been postponed by one day. It's now due to arrive by the end of the day, today [Friday].

(Both the state and local government officials are admitting that they messed up by not calling for an emergency situation at least six hours before they did so. And, by not staggering the release of various groups, schools, then businesses, then government facilities, they put everyone on the road all at once. School kids were stranded on buses that were stranded in traffic jams, which caused the snow fall to accumulate much faster than if the road crews had had access to the roads to treat them instead of being blocked by thousands upon thousands of vehicles that could not move.)

At any rate, the 47 in LED HDTV is due to arrive....FINALLY!...over two months from the time I first filed a claim.

9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

emergency for what?.... a wee bit of snow?..... afraid to get cold?

When my grandfather and his brother went down to the states every winter to work in construction and various other jobs, they usually went down as far as texas.

During one of their visits, they had to make a trip to a local store for some general supplies, it has rained the previous night followed by freezing rain and snow throughout the morning, there was barely a skiff of snow covering most of the ground, but underneath was fairly solid ice.

They got in the truck and just headed out, all down the roads and streets car and trucks of all sizes were strewn across them, spun, the ditches/shoulders were filled to the brim with vehicle ranging from no damaged to sevearly smashed up.

My grandfather was driving cautiously, a piddly little 20mph or less, and a vehicle had come up behind him, instead of speeding up or anything he kept to the save driving speed and watched as the vehicle behind him honked until it eventually pulled out to pass, unfortunately due to the ineptitude and of course idiocy of the driver, the vehicle never managed to get up side my grandfather, it spun off and crashed into a sign in the ditch.

People were all over, ranting and yelling and screaming and some just bewildered as they continued on their way.

They got to the store and got out, as they walked to the store they watched as groups of people were on their hands and knees CRAWLING and sliding their way to the store doors, and as people came out of the store, they stopped, got down on all 4's and began to crawl back to their vehicles or to their destination.

This is burnt into my grandfathers mind as one of the most peculiar thing he had ever witnessed, further burnt in by the comments of people asking himself and the brother "how are you doing that" (referring to them walking upright across the ice carefully).

We've got our fair share of idiots even up here, first snow falls and freezing rain every year and the spring rains and re-freezes always clearly outlines the mass amount of complete idiots on our own streets. Interestingly enough, I wouldn't be at all surprised when half of those failures end up being from countries that never deal with this stuff.

I just find it funny how certain areas can go into pure panic and shutdown modes over something that here we experience on a daily occasion.

10. Dyre Straits

Judas, I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm originally from Indiana. The last year we lived there, 1961, we got 4 inches of snow the last Sunday of JUNE!

The big difference in the areas is that, here, we do not get this kind of weather often enough to encourage the authorities to invest in the kind of equipment necessary to deal with it. So, when it happens, the roads stay covered in snow and ice, people here don't know how to drive on it, and, the result ends up total chaos with vehicles abandoned, sliding off the roads, smashing into one another, etc., etc.

In this particular case, however, the original forecast was restricting this event to the south of the metro area. That changed at 3:30 a.m. when the NWS included the metro area for the first time with forecasts of more than just a dusting of snow. At that point, local authorities SHOULD have taken notice and made better decisions about what to do.

Then, to make matters worse, once all the schools and businesses were in operation, once the snow started accumulating, the authorities told EVERYONE to go home! Worst decision of the whole debacle! It simply grid-locked the highways and prevented any movement. Then, with the snow falling and what road equipment we do have not able to treat the roads...due to them being occupied by immobile vehicles, it just snowballed [excuse the pun] into one of the worst disasters imagined.

I was thankful that it took place during my two days off from work. :)

11. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

even if they told people to go home.. a lot of people should have clued in that ... that was a bad idea

12. Dyre Straits

Yes, but, everyone thought that everyone ELSE should have thought of that. The blame game is in full swing here.

13. Dyre Straits

BTW, I DID get my 47-inch LED late on Friday afternoon, Jan. 31.

It's hooked up now and working ... and looking ... very well/good.

Played a bit of Skyrim on it, checked out a couple of movies (DVDs only so far, will try BR Movies later tonight) and some streaming Movie Previews from HULU.

So far, so good.

14. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Finally! Fingers crossed that you get to enjoy this one without any further annoyances. :)

15. Dyre Straits

You and me, both!

And, believe it or not, they sent me a link to a SURVEY wanting me to RATE their service. LOLRFL!!!

16. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member