Cannot Run ModTool! Help Please!

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by Ciocc, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Ciocc

Ciocc New Member

I am in the process of trying to get this mod to work with my 345M card. When I download the file from http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/ and attempt to run the file, i get the following message

Component 'Richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I cannot bypass. only button available is Ok. which closes the window and aborts the running process.

I have tried it with multiple browsers, and same thing.

What the?!

And when i click the link regarding the Richtx file on the site, I get an incomprehensible webpage with symbols n stuff.

Anyone have any ideas. I would really love to get this thing working. AHhhhh!

Help please

TY

Simon

***EDIT****

Mozilla Firefox, does not support that page, you must use a different webbrowser.

All Clear.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  2. rahl

rahl New Member

Right click the link to the ocx file, save it to your local disk. Put it in c:\windows\system32 and it *should* work.

Of course, my question is that I've got richtx32.ocx in windows\system32 and modtool still can't find it. It's a stock XP install on a 32-bit laptop. Are there any other dependencies I could be missing?

3. Reel Deal

Reel Deal New Member

I'm having the same problem... help! Thanks.

4. wetfishshop

wetfishshop New Member

No Patje luck with my 9600 rad.

I've a Voyager 647 athlon 64 3700+/ 2gig ram / radeon 9600 pro 128meg.

Ive just moved to xp pro 64 bit and gone thru the whole "thunk.exe inf" rigmarole.

I've tried the Patje modder every which way but to no avail, ie, although the file goes into system 32, it still doesnt work and i'm stuck with standard vga and no games.
    Can anyone get round this? My eyes are going screwy and i'm dying to see Alyx's pixels again in HL2 E1!!
    Simon

5. patje

patje Former Mobility Modman