Can't clean Driver

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by El_Roble, Jul 7, 2007.

1. El_Roble

El_Roble New Member

Hi, I just purchased Drivercleaner.net to try to clean the "ATI Display Driver" and am still not able to clean it.

When I try to uninstall it using the "Uninstall or Change a Program" feature, it gives me a message that says "Unable to uninstall older or non-ATI Display Drivers"

I installed Drivercleaner, clicked on "select multiple cleaning filters", added every filter that contained the work ATI.

Drivercleaner did find a lot of things containing ati, and I cleaned all of them.

Restarted the computer, went back to "Uninstall or Change a Program" in the control panel and it still shows the ATI Display Driver.

I've tried running drivercleaning several times in NORMAL WINDOWS to see if it detects it and it doesn't seem to detect it.

Details:
    Driver: ATI Dislplay Driver
    Version: 8.33-061220m-040998c-ATI
    Motherboard: Intel D975XBX2
    Videocard: Sapphire X1950 Pro

Please Help!

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Have you tried uninstalling the ati software with the ATI - Software Uninstall Utility? that should also be in the add/remove.

Have you run Driver Cleaner in safe mode? because in normal mode most of the driver files could be in use.

Are there ati drivers installed?

3. El_Roble

El_Roble New Member

I still haven't been able to clean it. I even tried in safe mode, and driver cleaner still doesn't find anything. There must be an ATI driver installed, because when I go to Control Panel-Uninstall Program, the ATI Display Driver is there. When I try to un-install it it says 'unable to un-install old or non-ati drivers'. I've also tried installing the old drivers and uninstalling, but the ATI Display Driver remains.....

4. Spike

Did you also tried going to the control panel and then system > device manager and right clicking on the names under display adapter and select uninstall? then if that is done don't reboot and run Driver Cleaner and then restart. It is possible that windows reinstalls the driver from somewhere like c:\ati.

Can you zip and send me the log files from Driver Cleaner to info at drivercleaner dot net

5. Tzeen

Tzeen New Member

I'm having problems uninstalling Catalyst 7.9 myself. I started with using their uninstaller in the Control Panel Add/Remove programs. Then restarted in safe mode and removed everything with drivercleaner.net. When I get back in to normal mode I'm still at my normal resolution which usually when you uninstall the video drivers, you come in with 800x600 or something like that. I've tried removing everything that has to do with ATI on my computer but still no luck.

I get the messages that new hardware is found and that I need to install a driver on them so I'm getting rid of it partially. When I try to install a new driver though (tried the latest Omega and tried Catalyst 7.8) my desktop icons won't render all the way. At this point I restart but when I come back in, I'm at 800x600 resolution and with low colors and there's no way for me to get it to improve.

My only option so far has been to go back to 7.9 because at least then I can run but some of my games won't function properly and I can't open up the Catalyst Control Center. It's running because I see it in the task manager but nothing happens except a brief hour glass next to my pointer when I try to open it.

6. Spike

Are you using windows XP or Windows Vista? Did you also checked what the device manager says in safe mode? Does it list an ati card as display adapter or does it show by the unknown devices?

7. Tzeen

Tzeen New Member

Windows XP and it says Unknown Devices. I usually uninstall those too just to be sure but doesn't seem to help.