Can't duplicate primary monitor (Multi-monitor set-up)

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by Rathzil, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Rathzil

Rathzil New Member

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to Win10 but I'm running into a dealbreaker bug that I can't seem to fix. I have 4 monitors in a 3+1 setup, and I regularly use Eyefinity to make the bottom three monitors into a single screen for gaming. However, when I try to duplicate my primary monitor so that I can activate Eyefinity, windows will only let me duplicate my two side monitors. If I try to duplicate my primary monitor it says that the configuration doesn't work and nothing happens.

I'm running two AMD R 290's in Crossfire. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers, I've adjusted which monitors are plugged in where on the video card, and tried various restarts and other display programs. Nothing seems to work. I wound up reverting back to Windows 7 while I hunt for a fix.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

For testing purposes, have you tried changing which monitor is the primary?

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

All the same functionality is available provided you use the latest AMD drivers AND NOT the windows provided ones.

The upgrade over-rides previous drivers for the sake of fail-safe situational capabilities. You MUST download the latest drivers, disconnect the internet, remove the windows provided drivers and catalyst software (catalyst control center will appear in the programs and features list with a version value of V1.000.000 or something similar, it also will not have an AMD/ATI logo and will appear with just a generic program icon. Make certain to uninstall that as well as any other AMD drivers for graphics, while still remaining disconnected from the internet.

Once you have uninstalled everything pertaining to the generic drivers and such, reboot.. then install the latest drivers that you had downloaded prior to disconnecting from the internet.... REMAIN disconnected, install, reboot and then you can reconnect to the internet.

After which, you should be able to open the catalyst control center, go into eyefinity setup and then setup your eyefinity and your +1 display.

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons