Can't even START the installation PC simply reboot

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by Dunge, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Dunge

Dunge New Member

Ok I just received my Raptor 10k RPM HD, was waiting for it to install Vista.

I try to isntall. 1. Boot on CD, 2. Select X64 (x32 do the same), 3. Windows copying files to somewhere. 4. I see copyright ms corporation with a loading bar like when XP start with very low gamma and after 2sec (where XP usually get high gamma and load) it reboot WTF!!... can't get past that! I don't even get to select where to install and nada, it just reboot.

Someone have any idea? Btw, I'm installing from an ATAPI dvd burner.

Core2Duo E6600 @ 2.7Ghz
    GeForce 7950GX2 w/ dual screen
    2Gb Ram

EDIT: Found out it's a bug in Asus P5W DH Deluxe mobo in combo with a GeForce 7950GX2 only, bios patch is being worked on by Asus tech and will be released "before official vista release" so I guess I'll have to stick with XP for a while [​IMG]

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=924502&SiteID=17

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  2. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

Its your warezed copy not working properly.

Also before I get jumped for not "knowing" that it's a warezed copy I suggest people re-read the post carefully.

He mentioned selecting 64-bit on the DVD. The only release that's ever been made with X86 & X86-64 on the same DVD is one of the warezed RTM releases kicking around.

The true RTM is 2 seperate DVDs.

Also I'm not passing value judgments, just passing along the knowledge that the warezed copy has numerous issues due to the way it was hacked together with beta files and chopped into pieces to try to make it fit on one disc.

3. Dunge

Dunge New Member

Maybe mine is, but still the windows files are the same and the custom installation scripts haven't started yet. Still, people are having this problem with every possible version of Vista out and it's not a warez bug.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

Actually no the windows files are not. The warezed copy may be build 6000 but it's not from the final compile that became the set RTM, also there are beta files mixed in there and some of them were messed up when that DVD was created.

I'm one of the official beta testers and out of all of us that received RTM I have yet to hear of a single reboot issue on install that wasn't related to a bad burn.

Once they tried reburning the DVD everything came out just fine.

As I've said you don't have to believe me if you do not wish to, but the warez release is nuked, and DH does not support warez unless that policy has changed.