Can't install PAX driver for Creative X-Fi

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Daniil, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Daniil

Daniil New Member

Hello.
    I have PCI-E Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio soundcard, it worked under Win7 x64. I had PAX drivers installed, and all was fine.
    But. Yesterday I checked my soundcard in Device Manager, and - Creative X-Fi Audioprocessor was changed to "High Definition Audio" smth. Looks like after update Windows changed driver of soundcard to this one. Sounds was playing, but, ofcourse, none of Creative applications (from suite) didn't work. Ofcourse, EAX also didn't work. That was not good, so I tried to change the driver.

I tried to forcibly change driver to a correct one - I selected "Install driver manually" => "Select driver", select a correct driver (Creative Audio Processor (WDM)), applied it, and it was installed, but soundcard doesn't work. (Name of device in device manager was changed to correct, but it is in error state with error: code 10, device cannot start).
    I tried to clear old drivers from system, remove all Creative software, remove it from registry and remove its folders from disc, tried to reinstall pax, tried to install official drivers of different versions - no effect. If we trying to setup any driver except Microsoft driver for "High Definition Audio device", it installs but soundcard doesn't work with code 10, if we setting up driver for "High Definition Audio device", it play sound, but without EAX and no Creative apps works.

What can help (except reinstalling Windows and shotgun)?

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you try have disk sorry for late reply been feeling sick with sinus stuff. Anyway I highly recommed you dump that card get z series refurb one there cheap as 65 bucks :). no issue my end of the card.