Car Accident

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Mousey, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

So my dear fellows, some of you might know I was in a car accident the other week, I was stationary at a set of lights and someone decided to see how far they could fit their beemer inside my anus. From what the garage reckon, she must've hit me doing about 30mph and since I was stationary the lass driving was pretty clearly not focusing on the road.

She caused a lot of damage to my car that required basically the entire arse end replacing including bumpers, lights, boot (read - trunk) lid, all that jazz.

Insurance company did a fantastic job getting the car picked up for repair and getting me a hire car to keep me going as quick as they could. Got the repair done at the dopey bint's expense and they did an absolutely stellar job of it, looking brand new.

Downsides are I'm paranoid as all balls on the road now and I end up white knuckling it whenever there's another car behind me on the same continent, so I'm gonna have to live with that for a fair while.

Moral of the story? Take your time, this accident could've been so much worse if a kid was walking in front of my car or if she was speeding, sure you might take a few minutes longer to get there but as a general rule it's better to arrive in 1 piece right?

Stay safe out there folks, lot of trained monkeys with driving licenses these days

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Cow_160483 likes this.
  2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I am shocked the other driver was driving a BMW. Shocked I tell ya!
    I am glad no one was hurt.

3. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

A can of rockstar in my cup holder unfortunately lost it's contents that day, the only casualty. Rip

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Oh the humanity!

Mousey likes this.
  5. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

Ah, insurance companies. "You got whiplash, right sir? I'll put whiplash down as an injury."
    [​IMG]

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

anything can happen anytime... no reason to white knuckle it anywhere...

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

If you're worried about getting rear ended at a stop light... run all the lights. Shortly a totally different fear will seep in...

8. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I'm glad that you're okay and I hope that the fears will subside soon. How you feel now is perfectly normal.

9. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Glad you're all right! I've been rear-ended three times during my driving career while stopped at a red light. Once, the first time, some guy was reading something on the front seat of his car instead of watching the road. (Years before we had anything such as "texting-while-driving.") Then, the second time a truck pulling a trailer loaded with steel re-bar couldn't stop in time on wet pavement. I saw him coming and tried my best to get to the side of the road and out of his way. Didn't make it.
    Then, the third time: a white-haired lady driving a BMW convertible must have been enjoying the sunny day instead of watching the traffic. I had only had that PT Cruiser 3 months when it got nearly totaled as she really slammed into us. (My mom was with me that time.)

10. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Hmmmm, good to hear you got everything sorted out. And to hear you're fine.

11. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

I have been on both sides of a rear end and I know how it feels..

I rear ended somebody in my earlier years of driving and the feeling of very pissed off sets in very fast, (It were only about 10mph) but it were totally my fault and it could of been very easily avoided.

I were Rear-Ended about 8 or so years ago, I guy let me out of my local supermarket car park (Having to turn right) I went into the flow of traffic until it came to a standstill due to a set of lights getting clogged up. so I stopped and the same guy who let me into the flow of traffic were looking else where (at his own admission) went into the back of me.. And the sound inside mine as it happen is very erie..

But however appart from that no injurys were involved.. All sorted out amicably vis his insurance.

But anyways I'm sure given a few days or so back on the road it will be forgotten, and its good to see you have it all sotrted and are fine.

12. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

I have also been rearended about 3 years ago some idiot hit me from the back going well over 100km/h my car spun around 3 time's and ended in a ditch on the other side of the road... I was paranoid for a while after that :confused: glad you are ok..

13. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Having been nearly killed at the age of 5.... due to sitting in the back while my mother was in the front.... rear ended by a guy going about 130km while we were completely stopped, the car was crushed considerably.... which did little to no damage to me initially... it was my mother that when the car finally came to a stop, the seat broke and due to her mammoth size and weight, the chair and her crushed me. Somehow no bones we broken, but i apparently was passed out due to being unable to breath, the ambulance didn't arrive for roughly 2 hours even though they were only about 3 minutes away at the time. It was bitterly cold out too, November.... and it took the cops an hour to figure out that maybe i should be kept in a police vehicle where i could warm up and maybe get my breath back. Stupid laws that basically prevent people from "helping" because if something happens to go wrong during or after... they are held accountable/liable for potentially being sued by assholes. So no matter how much "assurances" my mother gave them that they could move me.... they weren't allowed to without medical permission unless it became quite obvious that i was in danger remaining.

They recommended that i go to some kind of child counceler... or psychologist due to the "tramatic experience"... but in all honesty, it didn't affect me at all, i didn't cry even.... I was mostly annoyed by the fact that the donut with cherry i was so looking forward to eating, i only managed to get a single bite of before it went flying aside from the obvious lack of being able to breath.

Since that day I've been plagued by asthma related symptoms during physical exertion and/or in cold climates, this didn't stop me from doing most of everything though.

Not once did i have a problem climbing back into a car... it never crossed my mind... Had i not been in a 1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V, i would have been dead.... The structure and heavy design of the older car saved me... it's just unfortunate that the seat hadn't held... but i couldn't expect any chair to hold that kind of force..... Speverailly modern cars that have chairs that can be snapped just with a little pressure.