Carmel 2 MoBo with R9 270x?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Jitter, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Jitter

Jitter Active Member

I am looking to update my HP h8-1020. It has a IPISB-CU (Carmel 2) motherboard. I know the motherboard is a piece of crap, but I do not want to replace it if I dont have to yet. My Bios is a legacy Bios and I can upgrade to 7.16. From my research it seems people are having some trouble getting certain cards to run with this MoBo, but I do not know if its because they are buying UEFI only cards or a deeper issue. I would like to get a R9 270x. I found a Sapphire that specifically says that it works with both UEFI or a Legacy Bios, and has a switch on it. Do you think that the R9 270 will work? I already upgraded the PSU to 600W when I bought the PC[​IMG]. Any help would be appreciated.
    I know the MoBo has PCIex16 (gen 2) which i assume is PCI express 2.0, but like I said after searching around on the net seems some cards are having issues. I am not sure if its user error or something with the MoBo. I was wondering if anyone had any luck with this specific MoBo, or could give me a definitive answer. Seems there is a lot of mixed signals out there.