Cat 3.4's

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Chaos, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Ok so mid week is here and no sign of the upcomming 3.4's!!!! Is this due to all the hype created by Nvidia's new FX line that was announced this week or could it have something to do with the fact that [H]ard|OCP reported that the Cat 3.4 would not run Doom III during their recent testing of the much anticipated FPS from Id Software.......

2. dipstick

dipstick New Member

Yeah, it's taking awhile but I guess it's for the best. They did say no sooner than the 15th so I guess they're still on track. Hopefully when I come home from watching the Matrix tomorrow they'll be waiting for me:D

3. Ben_UK

Ben_UK New Member

As long as they are here by friday :D

Got me new mother board coming :D

My system will kick ass !!

Abit IC7 (Canterwood)
    P4 3.0C 800FSB
    Corsair 1GB XMS3200 TwinX
    Connect 3D Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

Wicked :evil:

4. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Not running Doom3 could throw a monkeywrench into the works, to be sure. And if they fail M$'s wonder tests (WHQL), that would probably mean we won't get them at all. :rolleyes: I don't think Nvidia's anything really affects the driver release schedule for ATI.

I'll tell ya, I'm starting to go into driver DT's. It's been far too long since the last driver update for me, the 3.3's got canned and the 3.4's are do out anytime now. The 3.2's did add a little speed, but didn't fix problems that I'm having with certain games(screwed up graphics in 'Incoming', flickering textures in 'Big Scale Racing' and the dreaded infinite loop in one environment of 'Drome Racers'). I'm really anxious for these new drivers. I haven't used the Omega drivers for a long time, mainly because I don't like all those oddball resolutions that it adds into the mix. And I've NEVER tried the Plutoniums at all, no particular reason why. I like to stick with actual ATI released drivers, since the hacks (no offense) are just based on the latest official drivers anyway.

Yo!! CATALYST maker, any news?

5. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

They're coming.

I have it on very good info that they ARE coming very soon, please just be patient a bit longer. :)

6. MikeBrass

MikeBrass New Member

Just tried ATI - offers me 2.3s.

7. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

ATi's site is totally hosed right now....'tween the upcoming driver release and their new frontpage splash of "Half-life2 optimized for the RADEON(tm) 9800 series" their server has probably melted a few times already and it sounds like they loaded the wrong back-up! :lol:

8. shuki

shuki New Member

Re: Re: Cat 3.4's

did you report any of those bugs using that ATI driver feedback link? I have never heard of any of those bugs... though probably because I have never played any of those games :duh:

and this next set of drivers will reportedly give a nice speed boost but nowhere have I read a list of bug fixes...... Just hope you don't get let down.

And yeah, nine weeks tomorrow since last catalyst release. not that I'm anxious or anything either.... ;)

9. Rayder

Maybe they put up a temp page as they add the 3.4's?

Hey, I can dream right?

EDIT: Yes shuki, I did, ever since the 3.0 release and every release after that. That's when the problems with Incoming and Big Scale Racing started (something up with the switch to DX9?). Drome Racers has ALWAYS locked up on the Rocky Mountain Speedway (I think that was what it was called) environment in an infinite loop, EA just gives the standard idiot replies when I complain(update this, update that etc.). I reported the problems to ATI every time a new driver was released. With my luck, it's just an R8500 problem.

Last edited: May 14, 2003
  10. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

I reckon they are temporary holding pages...heck its even offering me the 9500pro as their best card ;)

Won't be long now....:evil:

11. Rayder

Well, they corrected their little boo-boo at the site, but still no new drivers. Oh well..... :sigh:

12. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I saw this @ Rage 3D

Everyone knows that the hotly anticipated CATALYST 3.4 is coming out any day now. I contacted Terry Makedon (CATALYST MAKER on our forums) who is ATI's software product manager, and the guy who makes these driver updates possible. The question I asked him was simple, when the ATI community will get the new CATALYST package, and can you tell us anything about it? His reply was this:

"Hi GI BRO, CATALYST 3.4 will go live some time tomorrow and will include updates to three of the four CATALYST components. First and foremost we will update the driver to version 7.88 (with some cool performance boosts, and other new features), we will update multimedia center to version 8.5 (with a brand new user interface option), and we will update the Remote Wonder software (used in conjunction with the remote control we sell). Make sure all the Rage3D community checks out our web page tomorrow throughout the day and as usual I will post in the threads here the second the link is live"

I hope this helps anyone who's still left in the dark about the release! Also, a special thanks for Terry for parting himself from his busy Schedule to help keep everyone up to date on what's going on!

13. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

That's great to hear :):cool:

14. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

coolness

:D

15. softman

softman Intel I7 2600K

Great news TOMORROW IT`S MY BIRTHDAY .

I get a present from ATI HOOORAAAAAAAAHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!

16. Konge Odin

Konge Odin New Member

Not a catastrophe that the catalyst 3.4 has broken support for 256 mb ram for radeon 9800pro. I dont have that card anyway, and the game is 1/2 a year away

17. Rayder

Thanks for the info there Chaos. Now I can stop checking the ATI site every few minutes......today anyway. ;)

Ain't it amazing, the little things that turn us PC geeks on?

DRIVERS, DRIVERS heh heh DRIVERS :drool:

18. grog

grog Roxy Music

Tomorrow is good.

Greg

:cool: :cool: :cool:

19. **G.I.BRO**

**G.I.BRO** To Have and to Hold

YEs as you can see, tomorrow.. (looks at time) Err today sometime, the drivers will be released.
    Be sure to check DH. Im sure Zardon will have these babies up and running in no time.

I dont think there's a specific time given yet, but, usually the drivers have been pushed out in the Afternoon's.
    We'll see this time around.

Last edited: May 15, 2003
  20. jeuda

jeuda New Member

nothing yet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.