CATALYSTâ„¢ Control Center Rate and Discuss Thread

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by HardwareHeaven, Sep 2, 2004.

?

Rate Catalyst Control Centre

1. 10 (best)

19 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. 9

12 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. 8

26 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. 7

9 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. 6

8 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. 5 (average)

25 vote(s)
    13.2%
  7. 4

14 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. 3

20 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. 2

11 vote(s)
    5.8%
  10. 1 (worst)

46 vote(s)
    24.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr yellow

mr yellow Driverheaven Trooper

Im tired of nVidia flaming ATI (they are behind it afterall). Hopefully now that they have a decent card they will lay off a bit:D

Back to CCC.
    The new one (4.9 version) is really good. Smooooooth. Very smoooth.:lol:
    BTW im using the .NET 2 betas. I think they are better.

Only problem now is for ATItool to be updated as it doen't seem to pickup the new CCC settings:confused: :duh:

2. classic_leon

classic_leon Well-Known Member

i have a problem with Control center.
    i first install control centre, it can work properly. but, i click going into control center it shows "No ATI graphic driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware." when i restart and it cann't be used.:confused:
    my card is powercolor 9800pro.the driver is 4.9.please help me.

3. mr yellow

mr yellow Driverheaven Trooper

@ Classic_leon

Ive got the same card as you. No problems here.
    Try reinstalling ur AGP drivers! Have u installed .NET framework???

U will need this to get ur CCC working

4. classic_leon

classic_leon Well-Known Member

Thank you for replying me, mr yellow. Before I installed the driver, I had installed Microsoft .NET framework 1.1. if not, the control center can't get first run.
    I will reinstall my AGP drivers.

5. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

I agree with Tiribulus, I might have to switch back to Nividia if they force me to install .net. I don't want anything to do with it. Lets hope they keep it optional but lets be honest.. sooner or later it will not be an option and we'll be stuck having to get this bloatware for a frekin control panel applett. That's the day I switch.

6. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

If Nvidia use this kind of control panel, what then? you switch to matrox? Nvidia have an application like this in the pipeline, its the way things are going.

7. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

They are?.. who thought this whole idea up anyway then? Wait don't tell me... Billy boy and his 'this is the future' hype? You should see all the posts in the ati newsgroups with people having 'issues' with this CCC. All this over a simple control panel? Tribulus makes a great point about Rivatuner and the other 3rd party apps.. they seem to do fine without having to force people to spend hours and hours to get it to work. :(

8. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

Why so extreme? I'd imagine the worst case for you would be to just use the last driver that had a regular CP, and stay with the last card that worked with it . . . still be able to play all the games you could at the time.

9. BWX

BWX get out and ride

All I can say is Omega to the rescue. Hopefully he will continue to churn out awesome modded drivers based on the most recent drivers and use the regular old CP, even when ATI quits making it available.

10. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

ya nvidia has been somehow a bias issue at theinquirer in most articles... not all but most. however theinquirer in those articles sounds sooo stupid cause they are usually just talking outa their ass (from known real info that i know, their totaly wrong, or just looking at it wrong and blasting their mouths off without any view on asking someone or signing stuff etc etc etc).

.net doesnt need to be updated for ati drivers to be secure, however ur computer might be possibly left open to attacks, not the drivers :( sad to hear that. also make sure u download plugins from trusty sources, and not from random people.

also new versions of .net will update speed and safty for the comptuer itself, its really worth it.

11. croky

croky New Member

"The press" ? Well, do you want something like tomshardware or anandtech, both have real complaints, i can quote them if you want to. I believe this software can be improved, but meanwhile there are some issues and problems, that's a fact.
    The poll is also a fact. You seem to disregard both.
    I believe all it matters are facts not all the bells and whistles you praise about .net ...

croky

12. cArnYgE

cArnYgE New Member

CCC is a joke... plain and simple. The 'second' CCC is standardized and ATI removes the old CP is the second that I go get an Nvidia card. Seeing as CCC 'will' probably standardize CCC in a few months and ATI will probably not abandon the damnable thing...

It is a sad day indeed when a company can claim they are working on 'user-friendly-ness' and manage to complicate the whole experience more!

That being said... I dont particularly dislike .net. But... being as .net is a microsoft brainchild it is 'going' to be three things: Bloated, Insecure and buggier then hell!
    Whatever else it may or maynot be is beside the point. Those are three things that every application made by microsoft has.

Now I dont know about you... but I would rather not WAIT for a bloated application to load its huge self into memory. I have better things to do and I want to do them and not be 'waiting' on something that is just a 'skin' (i use the term 'skin' very loosely) for some minor registry switches. Oh and youd think they would have fixed the part where the screen flickers everytime you adjust a DX setting... huh? Isnt this suppose to be a 'new and improved' thing?

They could PROBABLY get by on some still pictures (80k jpgs) instead of moving animatons. The same effect would be had and it would DRAMATICALLTY cut down the loading times and size of the bloated monstrosity! Or they may be able to use a 'SINGLE' picture and apply some sort of realtime dymanic filter to it... Or maybe a single image with multiple layers... a base image that is of the highest quality, then layer on the faults caused by no FSAA or AF.

Meh... they COULD have done so much more with it... but as of right 'now' it is a pure monstrosity and should be treated as such... you know... from a nice safe distance and with a pointy stick.

-cArnYgE

13. CerebriX

CerebriX New Member

i kinda like it, havent had any problems either. this whole hate thing with the CCC kinda took me by surprise but then again, i rarely come here.

14. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Don't bother he's hell ben't and on a crusade agenst .Net and ATI's CCC. He's singhed up here and alot of other places just to rant, EB, DH, R3d, just to name a few just about every were I look..... He was crying about .Net killeing his performance so I showed him a table from my artical. He had the gull to call it "a noob test" and that if I though it proved anything then I my profession must not be anything to do with Pc's. (Verry rude)

He says he going back to linux on all his boxes blal bla bla.... He contenu's to put Down ATI and CCC. He's bilded with some all out hatred.

fallowing that obsession also run around to advertise with this "adverage pc he has" he calls "frankenbox" An (AMD2700+ watter cooled, 9800 pro, 512 mb ram, windows 2000 and what looks to be 40, 60 GB HDD with scores i've seen hundreds of times before. For some reeson he acts like it so cool. Condering it's a messy, dusty, dirty, sloppy setup it looks horreific and the performace is adverage. What is there to advertise? :D

They have too a stance of ATI UBBER SUCKS and NVIDIA RULES YOU ALL!
    Bow down! Bow down! To Nvidia your load and master of video cards! :D

they've publishing a buttload BIAS articals falky and incomplete stories things tooken out of context. much like a "micheal more" film :D . for example they suposedly quote a internal (leaked) power point presentation I just happen to have a copy. How can they "quote ATI" when what in between " " was not wast was said in the presentation? From which they said it was. I was a statement of thier own with with ADDED spin.

Sine they want to play the BIAS game, I play the thier credibilty and objectivity is undoubtubly gone game...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  15. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Well folks personally I am sick and tired of all the crap !!!! Having an opinion is one thing but to just rant is pointless and a waste of valuable bandwidth along with the time that ATI staff members spend reading this garbage. If we are going to get a better CCC release why not try and post actual program bugs in a clean tidy manner and chances are we will get a better product for everyone. If you have to rant the Flame Warzone is wide open waiting for your posts, but come on lets spare ATI the waste of time reading garbage.

I just gave it some thought and decided to close this thread and hope when the next release goes live that the thread can be looked at in a much more productive, logical manner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.