CATALYSTâ„¢ Control Center Rate and Discuss Thread

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by HardwareHeaven, Sep 2, 2004.

?

Rate Catalyst Control Centre

1. 10 (best)

19 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. 9

12 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. 8

26 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. 7

9 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. 6

8 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. 5 (average)

25 vote(s)
    13.2%
  7. 4

14 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. 3

20 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. 2

11 vote(s)
    5.8%
  10. 1 (worst)

46 vote(s)
    24.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majin GeoDooD

Majin GeoDooD Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for an official word from Omega about using this alongside his drivers before I test it out.. Any info soon would be greatly appreciated :D

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Only if Eugene least out his new 38's B set for kx drivers I be very happy camper lol all good stuff would come out today lol

3. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

i must say that only after a short time after instlling...the cp looks good,don't appear to of made an impact on resources.

only snag......the set out is a little confusing to start with but after a short time its now not much of a problem.

after installing this cp,cats 4.9 should not be to far away.on 750k bb its not much of a problem but if were looking at around 45mb downloads we can't get these as quick as we'd like.

4. Pman

Pman New Member

they dont even work for me. when i restart my pc and after windows loads it says cli.exe cant load. also when i try to load the control center it doesnt work

5. Robert McClelland

Here a tip try tuneup 2004 you might like it. It fix all kinds erros in windows. trust me maybe that fixes some bugs that your guys are having rigth now. Oh ya I'm done with it time go installed it :) I report back later.

6. blade5545

blade5545 Shoots first ask's questions later

Where is my Radlinker? I have no control when it comes to overclocking, c'mon even the nvidia control panel has overclocking options. And I know this is the future but damn this thing is clunky and slow I cant even imagine how this is going to run on your average corporate computer. And it already crashed on me within the first 10min of it being on my system with an error Microsoft .NET Framework An unhandled exception has occurred in your application DragDrop registration failed. I'm sorry I love ATI but this feels like beta not something which is ready for an official release its not polished enough I love the concept but it needs some work.

7. cypher_138

cypher_138 Watching 1984 unfold

It does look great and is certainly a step in the right direction. I already have .net installed for logigamer to work since Logitech won't fix their drivers, so that's not an issue. At this point I'm not going to use it for a few reasons:

- It's too new and bound to have a few bugs.
    - I don't need it at this point since I pretty much do the same thing with Radlinker.
    - It's super bloated which is a con in itself.
    - No new drivers to install it with, so I may test it when the 4.9's come out despite the above reasons.

8. Pman

Pman New Member

i got it to work. i had to install the .net thing. i dont really like this. it doesnt give you any more features than there is in the regular control pannel. I think this program should be dirrected at new computer users that buy dells and crapy PCs like that so they can see what the difrent things do to the image quality but i think all of us know the difrence between 2x and 6x AA without having to have a little picture tell us. it is a god idea but i think it would be beter is it was like a riva tuner kind of deal with loads of performace options.

9. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

DAMNT all the problems you guys are getting with .net framework LOL

all i did was uninstalled the old C pannel and installed the NEW C Pannel and that was it no problems what so ever.

i think the interfact is pritty sweet.

the only problem is it does indeed use up to much memory
    the c pannel runs perfectly
    could do with a few tweaks here and there aswell

Overall i like it it gets a 8 from me 8 for 8FFORT :)

Also its DAM hot tonight system is 2c over its normal Idle temps :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  10. Dazog

Dazog New Member

The LAG inbetween switching different Sections is UNACCEPTABLE

They need that Fixed ASAP.

waiting 5 secs after i click with a fast pc shouldn't happen.

11. Neon

Neon New Member

GUI is slow, and the Control Center uses far too much memory. The lack of memory left to run other programs far outways it's usefulness. Back to the old control panel for me.

12. Robert McClelland

I like give a ten for now :) Np for me contral panel are nice and smooth on my xt version. I got a score above 11,000 with out over drive which is normal for this stock card. and with over drive on it went to 527mhz last time old overdive it went to 526 lolI got score 11,119 in 3dmark01se. To me it only used up 30-40megs on my system which it's ok I haven't try any games yet on it would do soon or even play dvd moves yet. Quick question where the Open GL panel at? lol

13. Robert McClelland

what are your system specs? Did you defrag your computer first before using it?

14. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

I’m been asleep so I’ll answer/respond these as I see them to get up to speed my self…I will be updating this post as I go so bear with me

Fist off it' not a driver. Secondly it's a "optional" control panel you don't have to use it thats one of the great things about it. I belive the memory usege is fine also if you remove the task bar application from loading on boot that will free a some memory.

I use 512 MB of memory and I don't have any problems. It was developed on .net frame work because it cuts the development time in 1/2. Not to mention in most cases .net technically requires no extra down load since it is included in SP2 as a optional component but it’s already been updated since then..

I really don't see any performace hit either

That’s right need to uninstall anything.

No, but you need to ensure you have installed the .net frame work.

No as with most dot .net the extra account isn't required but does have it's purpose.....

Make sure you guys get the latest .net VER 1.1; there is also a technical beta on www.microsoft.com of the new net frame work 2.0...

Running 512 here playing doom 3, far cry, counter strike source, ut2004

With no troubles though 1 gb will run things a bit better/or faster it' not required.... I live on my pc ... (mostly)

For the time being.....

That sounds a little exadurated sounds like you have a lot running on boot! I’m assuming those sizes are when you have the program open because least that’s way beyond what I’ve seen.

Ok .. I'll bite...

.NET is in sp2, not in the stremlined windows update version but in the full sp2 net work installer.. it not intalled by defult it's an optional componet that has to be manually installed...

on a XP sp2 CD (slip streamed or rtm) it can be found here
    D:\cmpnents\netfx\i386\netfx.cab

In the SP2 network installer it can be found here
    i386\root\cmpnents\netfx\i386\netfx.cab

Omega uses his on control panel I’m not sure. I do nnoe he doesn’t plan to incorporate it in he sets just yet.

You know people often refer to me on here by Neon part of my name. Like they will say pm Neon, ask Neon, Hey Neon, Rarely do they add cowboy after, some tells me there will be some confusion to say the least with you using that name.

unless your running 128 or 256 mb of memory (in qwich case you need to buy morein the first place) you shold be just fine

It's not a regular window or generic graphicness tab like application, there is different info on each page, when switch between area, the moment you have to wait is nothing, heck it take longer to load a web

I’m pretty sure there are differences but of course the old style CP is there for those who do not wish to use the new one…

Remember guy this just the first release things will change w/ feed back as allways

I'm not CrisW. but i'm pretty sure he's working on it....

Well if ati add o/cing option it means they supprt it, it mean less money for them bug time and not only from sales. You have a o/cer if you have an XT it's called over drive :D

If they support it when you try to o/c you card to high and fry it then they'd be liable have to give you a new one. Sorry thats just not going to happen..Buying a lesser card an over clocking it helps you but hurts ati...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  15. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I uninstalled the control center and now I have just the regular control panel.
    I'm sure i could get it working, but I don't even want to until they refine it a little- (or a lot)

Time to reinstall the Omega's....

You guys that said you could get to the regular control panel while the "control center" was installed.... I don't know how you did it, I couldn't..

You must not have uninstalled the original driver. I uninstalled all traces of the originals and then installed the new thing from the exe... Not sure what you guys are doing..

16. tornado=[GSW]=

tornado=[GSW]= Compulsive HW Monger

I hope this new toy does not generate any negative publicity for ATI. I can see that this should have been a beta release and not a final just to meet the deadline.

17. Robert McClelland

It plays dvd movies great with new CCC [​IMG]:w00t: I just unstalled old cp then installed new CCC and np with it I really do feel sorry for nvidia users :p:drool:

18. zerodamage

zerodamage New Member

Guys, if you are getting a BSOD when trying to access the old CC with ACE installed or if you are trying to get into the "Advanced" options of your desktop properties, then you most likely have Radlinker installed. You will need to uninstall it and install the latest version which should prevent this problem.

19. dmaister

dmaister I got 99 Problems

this thing eat up a lot of ram around 80+MB in the welcome screen/video, then 25+MB on the other tabs. its a nice update though, anyone know why it runs three cli.exe applications? sorry if it was answered or questioned before

20. IamLakota

IamLakota New Member

Downloaded it on my XT rig, I gave it a 2,then uninstalled it,I have a .net passport,but don't have nor will I download .net frame work. CCC looked nice wish I had stopped in here first and read the post on it before I tryed it, I wouldn't have bothered with it.Oh well back over to my NV rig and some more FC/D3.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.