Catalyst 3.6

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CATALYST maker, Jul 15, 2003.

1. CATALYST maker

CATALYST maker ATI driver guru

Hi everyone time for another new CAT

This one is not big on performance or new features and is more of a low key posting just to get some bug fixes out to the field.
    Note we also now have one big download package for people using high speed internet to be able to get all the goodies in one larger package.

Enjoy and be sure to let me know how they are

Quick link to the XP version
    http://www.ati.com/home/online/CatalystXPdriver.html

2. Dmac43

Dmac43 New Member

Thanks dude... any offering from you guys is a great thing...

Thanks for the awesome support...

Dmac

3. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

WOOHOO! Thank you Catalyst crew!

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Some compatibility/stability fixes include:

° Switching to the program Second Life using the ALT-Tab command no longer results in the system not responding or looping indefinitely
    ° Running the demo game Lord of the Realms 3 under Windows XP with a RADEON 9000 series card installed no longer results in the system not responding when a 3 stage effect is used
    ° The game Unreal Tournament 2003 no longer hangs when loading the CTF-December level
    ° The geometry flashing throughout the background of Second Life is now resolved
    ° Flickering and display corruption in the game NeverWinter Nights is now resolved
    ° Multimedia mode scaling and positioning issues have now been resolved when using TV out
    ° Display corruption noticed on the ATI Demo Rachel running under Windows XP is now resolved
    ° The lighting and triangle culling on the 3D pipes screensaver no longer is incorrect when using a RADEON(tm) 7000 series card under Windows 2000
    ° Significant CPU usage is no longer noticed when Hardware Overlay Alpha Deblocking is in use
    ° Enabling Overlay Theater Mode and playing an HDTV source through the ATI File Player, no longer results in the system rebooting
    ° The TV can now be disabled using the Troubleshoot button in the ATI displays tab
    ° Connecting a secondary DFP and attempting to enable extended desktop mode no longer now results in the secondary display device becoming active
    ° Setting an LCD as the primary display, and a CRT as the secondary display followed by enabling Overlay Theater Mode, no longer results in display corruption when preview the screen saver on the secondary display
    ° Enabling extended desktop at certain resolutions and colour depths no longer results in display corruption on the secondary controller
    ° Installing a RADEON(tm) 9600 series card in a motherboard supporting AGP 8X no longer results in some 3D applications failing to respond

5. DriveEuro

DriveEuro New Member

Awesome, I wasn't expecting these for a couple weeks.

I'd download, except there is no 9500 patch yet.

6. tek

tek New Member

Got 'em, thanks Terry.
    But I wont be installing them... I'll stick to my Omega's :)

7. wertret

wertret Still watching...

How a big surprise! thanks, thanks, thanks...:)

8. Jamboguy

Jamboguy New Member

9500->9700 driver hack for Cat 3.6's

Is there one from wiz or has he been ordered to stop producing them? Anyone know?

9. Kemal

Kemal New Member

Pssst... Now where is Omega.... ;)

10. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Mirrors are up on Driverheaven Download server here

11. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

Thank you very much CATALYST maker. Getting driver's this soon makes it a little easier on a person when they spent the money for a 9800 Pro!! Now if only I could get 3DMark2003 to run.......lol
    :D :D

12. Lock

Lock New Member

nice work fella - neverwinter night seems a little bit faster with the CAT 3.6 , even more than the CAT 3.5 OpenGL fix... keep up the good work

13. MSX

MSX Burning the frozen...

One will come out. You know you could do it yourself. A few sites describe how to do it manually with the older drivers and I'm guessing the procedure hasn't changed too much... Or just be patient.

As for the drivers yes. Out very quick... almost shocking :eek:

Unlike some other company with mb drivers... :sigh:

14. Harboe

Harboe New Member

WOW this was fast. Damn ATI has the best driver team now. Keep up the good work guys. :)

15. Aspect

Aspect "Amusing Comment Here"

Work great so far :)

16. shuki

shuki New Member

hmmm

installed 3.6 here and fired up MOHAA: spearhead. noticed straight away I was at 60hz. double checked and had set it to override to 85hz just doesn't work. I then tried going from windowed to full screen and got all jarbled up screen at full. alt-entered back to window and was fine. Either way the 60hz alone bug took me straight back to omega 3.5's... :(

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  17. SheetHot

SheetHot New Member

Thankyou ATI,

You all are setting a high standard for all the OTHER video card companies to follow. I downloaded them to test on my son's machine but I will keep the OMEGA drivers in MY machine. I will also wait for the OMEGA drivers to be released to run on my bird!
    Your company has ALWAYS been very progressive...Please Don't ever disturg OMEGA's outstanding work which gives us a choice (you know...like the OTHER company denied us our privlidge of choice.)

Now if we can get some 3d support...

OMEGA FOREVER!

Jasper

Update: I installed 3.6 to system using 8500 LE. Below is copy of email to ATI Tech Support:

Microsoft Midtown Madness 2 had corruption in menu with CATALYST 3.5 installed. I was unable to view the entire list of options available in the menu because they appeared off screen. I installed new CATALYST 3.6 drivers and they corrected this problem but then the game crashed to desktop when it was launched from the GO DRIVE option on the game menu.
    I re-installed the OMEGA version of CATALYST 3.5. Game plays normally but still has menu corruption. (Menu corruption present in Original CAT 3.5 also.)

Update 2: I disabled TRUFORM option using Rage3dTweak v 3.8c and the game works fine. J

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  18. Dom

Dom New Member

Can't wait to get home to test these!

19. CATALYST maker

CATALYST maker ATI driver guru

Why youre a beta tester and have had them for weeks. You also should have on the beta FTP even newer drivers than these. Did you forget your a beta tester man?:D

20. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

ME too I'm going wait on Omegas hehe :) lol I'm sure he working on them right now ;)