Catalyst 4.1

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CATALYST maker, Jan 19, 2004.

1. CATALYST maker

CATALYST maker ATI driver guru

how did you uninstall?

through windows add/remove, or using 'driver cleaner' or using ATI's "catalyst uninstaller"

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

normally a clean install is good but with this set and his app something appears to be wrong, ive contacted him and im sure he will look into it and update his code.

EDIT: just seen Terrys post above, good point.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

That is the file referenced by one of my previous posts. That error went away after I disabled the ATi Task bar items.

4. Dyre Straits

As I posted earlier, I DID have problems with the XP CAT 4.1 installation. I had used the Windows Add/Remove option to remove the ATi Control Panel and Omega's ATi Drivers.

What happened after that seems to have cleared up after simply installing the new CAT 4.1s right over everything. I didn't try uninstalling anything after the initial uninstall using the Windows Add/Remove option.

5. FiatluX

FiatluX New Member

Downloaded, installed (on top for the 1st time ever ! ;) ) and
    so far the 4.1´s seem to be much sharper and deeper in saturation :w00t:, very good work ATI !!!

THX ATI ! :D

UPDATE: Desktop refresh issue fixed :D I plain luv these drivers, Smartgart running like a charm !

By far the best drivers yet in my opinion !!! :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  6. rgreen83

rgreen83 New Member

uninstalled Omega setup files through windows add/remove, then catalyst uninstaller for drivers, reboot into safe mode for driver/cab cleaner, reboot to normal mode - let windows install stock driver, reboot installed 4.1 full package.

Q for Dyre Straits, are you using SP2 2055? Could that be related?

7. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

That is never a good idea. You need to cancel out of the "New Hardware Found Wizard" then install the 4.1's. Never let Windowzzzzzzzzzzzz install it's drivers then install CAT's on top of them.

8. Dyre Straits

Yes, I am using SP2 2055. Not sure if it's related or not, though.

9. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

:sigh:

you guys still didnt figure out that it should be 4.01 yet if you really want to make everyone happy?

I mean Im not trying to harp but 4.x doesnt work once you reach release 4.10 again.

I mean sure it works out only if you are using the . as a divider but if you were to do 4.01 etc then it would be both mathematically correct and would still work as a version number

Think about how months are written

For instance this is 01/19/2004

See what I mean ;)

Other than that Im gonna test and see if this fixes my NFS:U issue

10. H82LUZ

H82LUZ New Member

All is Fine here on my 9600XT ,YAHOO You dudes ROCK!!! I have a temp sensor thing now under my overdrive tab YES!!!!!!!!! Although I don`t see why some guys on the net were saying the 9600XT had no sensor ?

11. HolyAvenger

HolyAvenger New Member

LOL, the 4.1/4.01 issue again. Some people will never realize that version numbers have nothing to do with mathematics, will they ? 4.1 is version 2004, 1st release. 4.10 will be version 2004, 10th release.

12. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

ok well Motion Blur is still totally broken under NFS:U as is Anti-Aliasing

Anytime I use the motion blur the screen goes almost totally black

Also when I go fast in the car due to the motion blur effects it causes the screen to slowly go darker

Also while I know overclocking isnt supported I suddently just lost the ability to do pretty much anything over PRO speeds on this thing

I was at 351/351 stably for months until now :sigh:

This is the first set I have ever had complaints about really

13. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

Obviously you didnt read my post :rolleyes:

I said that while their way works since they are using the . as a divider that they should just do it as .01 since .01 still works out to one if they are using the . as a divider since the month of january is 01/2004

See my point? That is a way to keep everyone happy. Plus anyone whos done software programming feels like smacking them everytime they see the 3.10 release :(

Also until this point all software products versions I have ever seen have always been mathematically correct.

For instance Windows 3.11 is really Windows 3.1.1 if you look hard enough to see the major/minor/revision

Trust me software releases have always been based in correct mathematics till now.

This is the first time I've ever seen a software company to basically tell the tech elite to piss off on something.

14. Runner3001

Runner3001 New Member

7.97 is the driver revision of the Catalyst 4.1's, 7.96 was the revision of the 3.10's. They aren't naming them correctly according to programming logic under the MARKETING term Catalyst because the cat number was never suppose to be a revision number.

15. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

Good Point.

16. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

Im aware of the driver revision. However whenever you name a suite of products something and it has changes those are revisions.

For instance when Nero undergoes a revision to the whole package it follows programming logic for the name of the Suite instead just for the components of the suite.

Trust me it makes more logical sense to name them the other way but thats neither here nor there.

My main issue is that NFS:U still doesnt work for me and Im not sure if its the EA patch for it or if its the catalyst drivers. I really want to be able to use AA and Motion Blur.

17. boby

boby New Member

just instale c4.1 on my second system with 9200 and verything fine.since i'm not playing games on second system,i can't give any report.SMARTGURT is there. And i first uninstal c.3.10 through add/remove with ati softver utility,then reboot,hit f8 and start driver cleaner,reboot,instal c4.1,reboot and everything is fine.

18. tornado=[GSW]=

tornado=[GSW]= Compulsive HW Monger

man that is a game issue not a driver issue, do not install patch 3 of nfsu and u will see that the game works fine, though motion blur certainly doesnt work with the driver AA/AF turned on, that much I can confirm.

19. BetrayerX

BetrayerX New Member

Works like a charm here.

Using a 9700Pro and WinXP

20. boby

boby New Member

one Q for terry,when is gonna ATI relesed SLOVENIAN language support on radeon drivers?nVidia has it