Catalyst 4.1

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CATALYST maker, Jan 19, 2004.

1. dijidiji

dijidiji New Member

AA will continue to be in effect for the remainder of that game. You will, however, have to repeat the resolution change for each new game you start/load.

If you are playing a season, for example, and play two games back to back, you will have to change the resolution after the coin toss for each game to gain AA.

Edit: I should also note that I began reporting this issue to ATI with the 3.9 Cats. The same behavior can also be seen with the "3.85" leak based Omegas.

2. easyrider

easyrider New Member

great, thanks.
    This still does not excuse the fact that there is some sort of issue or problem, and since I have only changed drivers, the only thing I can point the finger at is the drivers, since the game itself has not changed in any way.
    I just want a clarification on the fsaa thing people are haveing issues with, it's ot just madden 2004, there are a few other games I have seen in forums, that people, more than jsut a few, have said have the same issue as this, so it doesn't seem to be directed at EA games, or any specific games persay, only a select few. Not sure what changed, but I have no other place to point the finger at, since all I did was change the drivers. If you tech a pc, because you are haveing issues, you take one step at a time, and go until you can replicate that issue, then you what? you would assume it's what you did last, correct?, so the same owuld hold true in this case, would it not? I tend to think so, unless I've been doing work on pc's the last 20 some yrs the wrong way.

3. tweetah

tweetah New Member

I installed the new catalyst 4.1 drivers on awin xp pro based sys and I have the overlay issues associated with win server2003. Now I have constantantly have to adjust hardware aceleration depending on apps used. I do a lot ove video editing/endoding with various apps and it is a major hassle. I don't have the time to eff around with driver configs!! How much beta testing was done and on how many configs?

ATI can't you please get it right just once?

4. bleat

bleat New Member

I noticed in another forum there were some users complaining about slower performance in 2D on the desktop and such with 4.1. Has anyone noticed this here?

5. germanjulian

germanjulian Back in London

why are all games running a little bit slower FPS wise? hope the 4.2 will be a little faster

6. JacoCR

JacoCR New Member

I got this problem after installing 4.1. I'm back to 3.8 now. Madden AA works with 3.8, that's why I'm back to 3.8 for the most part.

7. BWX

BWX get out and ride

2-D performance and quality is top notch w/ the Omega's based on 4.1s, I see as difference after switching form the stock drivers.

8. germanjulian

germanjulian Back in London

please please proof this!!!!!

9. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Prove what? That my 2D screen looks better (sharper and more vivid colors) and that it seems smoother/faster when scrolling web pages, etc..? I don't need to prove it, or even think it's possible or feasible- that's just what I see.

If you don't believe me, uninstall the Cats and install the Omega's and see for yourself.

10. vvjustgotwicked

vvjustgotwicked New Member

This is actually very very very amusing. I paid $550 US Dollars for a video card because I wanted the best quality out there today. Has anyone seen Madden04 with out AA??? It looks like a playstation2. The jaggies are that bad. We get the answer from ATI TEAM "You should not force AA through Control Panel, only if the game has it in a in game setting".......:duh: WHAT THE HELL. Why even have an option to FORCE 2xaa or 4xaa or 6xaa. Have I stepped into the twilight zone? I also love the "We tried to make Madden AA to work but it caused too many problems with other games" :dead: Am I in a different UNIVERSE than everyone else. 3.7's were the most stable drivers of all of them, and Madden AA worked. ALL OF THE DRIVERS AFTERWARDS have caused LOCKUPS, RANDOM CRASHES, etc....just poor, poor, poor, and poor quality. I don't understand the goals of ATI. I really am confused. Instead of stability...I can now use some program to play my games in black and white???
    WAS that really needed? That seems like a total waste of programming time. ATI was doing so well with their drivers. They really turned things around, and now its back to the same old b.s., and trying to talk their way out of poor drivers. I hope that NVIDIA somehow finds a way to regain the lead in the Graphics Card Industry. I have lost almost all trust in ATI.

11. wolfran

wolfran New Member

I agree that ATI should improve on their AA in some games. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Catalyst Maker also mentioned that Nvidia cards cannot run Madden04 with AA so I guess Nvidia is not in a better position.