CATALYST 4.2 available now

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CATALYST maker, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Dam ati site drivers are down lol I was at 16megs then it quit on me :( lol

2. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Losing textures? What exactly do you mean by that? Could you describe that in more detail?

3. Below 30

Below 30 Video Games Fo Life

The time has arrived for HDTV, finally the dongle has a purpose. This driver release now does an amazing job with HDTV resolution syncronization. After the driver install I can use 1280x720 or 960x720 or 1920x1080, properly synched. Screen resizing tools is still a priority for the complete HDTV/PC compatiblility though.

The staff ATI get respect for finally adressing the HDTV issue, I didn't think it was going to happen. We look forward to more progress in this area of Catalyst. I've stayed with ATI because of the attention to TV out, since the rage pro days and the legacy continues.

4. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Active Member

I see the same loss of texture in the nvidia logo when you fire up UT2K4. Just in the upper right hand side of the outer edge, looses the black texture and shows a plain brown streak.Nothing an ATI logo mod won't fix. :evil: No loss of texture for me in game though. I also lost 18 points in the UT2K3 benchmark.

Having said that.. These drivers are great. In UT2K3 running Optimal Quality all details maxxed in settings and V-sync on the performance and IQ are simply astounding :D FPS only dipped into the 50's when I stepped into a triple crossfire :sigh: Just smooth as silk. UT2K4 plays just as well..everything maxxed.
    Benchmarks aren't everything so it seems ;) I gave'em a 10 solid.

5. Robert McClelland

Great job Terry :) http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7552761 my score I lost 100 points from Omegas 4.1 drivers but oh well I can't wait for his drivers set. But you guys get a pat on a back :) I gain around 200 points from my last score 9500 what ever it was I forget lol

6. Datagg

Datagg Back To ATI

Catylyst maker, I have a request, it has been this way for like 3 or 4 sets now, and it is quite annoying. After getting off playing games, like Half life and otehrs such as Grand theft, the background screen on desktop dissapears, and even sometimes shortcuts get scattered about. To restore background, I have to right click on desktop, then just say ok then it comes back. No biggie i guess in the scope of things, but it is quite annoying. Is there anything that can be done about this.

Thanks, and you guys are doing a Great job. Im proud to be a ATI user to no end, wouldnt have it another way...

Thanks

7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Catalyst 4.2 XP drivers gave me some trouble installing. After uninstalling Omega's 4.1 drivers and his Setup Files, I commenced to install the official ATi CAT 4.2. After the files were extracted and then attempted to start the installation, I got a popup: "Cannot install.....no video controller...." like a few others have reported.

I had to reboot and commence to install via the Device Manager by Updating Drivers.

8. Robert McClelland

wierd Dye I have np with it :) on xp home installing How long ago did you formated Dyre?

9. BWX

BWX get out and ride

It might be a video card specific thing?

10. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I haven't reformatted my hard drive in months now.....around last August.

I normally don't have this kind of problem on XP...but the last two have done something like this.

11. redsolar

redsolar Off duty

Star Wars: KOTOR issue: brightness slider does not change brightness :(. 4.1 did this nicely. On the other hand, AA and AF can now be enabled easily from within the game menu. Fixed one thing, nuked the other.

Radeon 9800 flashed to PRO here, Windows XP SP1

12. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Well, I installed them. The install went fine, I used DriverCleaner 2 v.2.7 prior to installing them.

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed was unplayable, the drop down boxes in the game menus were blank. I could not select cars, parts or tracks to use.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time would hard-lock, forcing me to hit the reset button. (I was at the 60% point in the game)

The Hulk still looks like this. My previous workaround, that has worked since the 3.6's (replace the ati3d2ag.dl_ file with the one from the 3.5's) didn't work this time.

This was already more problems than I had with the 4.1's, I didn't bother to test any further. I reverted to the 4.1's.

I downloaded the "broadband package" from this page.

I need a 9800Pro. ;)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  13. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

I like the new backdrop for the installer

[​IMG]

the temps displayed by the XT thermal sensor show a 2C increase in temp..

I have the hulk game . It ran fine when i had a 9800 pro, I still have a 9600XT and a old 64mb vivo 7200 they both run it fine It doesn't make sence :duh: are you 100% sure you've not got a bad card or something?... (I only have the need for speed demo haven't got ahold of Prince of Persia yet)

:rofl: Your funny...

But never forget all those sets are based on the offical sets! they just chage setting and disable/enable a few things here and there....

also only the officals are fully WHQL

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  14. HawK

HawK Banned

All I can say is: great work!!
    Ogl has never looked better, DX is nice too,
    only one complaint, why is the Ati uninstaller removing my ati demos too? hands off!!, I need them, or give us an option please??
    but else; flag in top :) (thanks for the flag Humus :) )
    [​IMG]

15. Delkian

Delkian New Member

The 9x version doesn't give more than 60 Hz for refresh rate on my 8500LE 128MB. The same occurred with Catalyst 4.1 as well. Older drivers and for example 3.10-based Omegas work fine. I haven't got the 4.1 Omegas to install so I can't say if they share the refresh rate problem of the official 4.1 and 4.2 releases.

I tried uninstalling the old drivers first and doing some registry cleaning before installing this new set. I also tried installing on top of the old drivers without uninstalling them first. Same result.

I haven't tested how the driver works otherwise because I'm not really very interested in that if I can't get usable (on a CRT display) refresh rates anyway.

16. Zulan

Zulan New Member

Nice set ATI, :)

17. BWX

BWX get out and ride

That's been doing that to me forever, I gave up and uninstalled all the demo's last year.

18. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I think it is an 8500 specific thing- he's had that problem for a long time- with many sets. But not other older sets.

19. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

This release has fixed installation problem under Windows Server 2003 and SMARTGART now appears under Control Panel. I need to test games, but so far, so good. Keep up the good work ATI!

20. llew

llew New Member

PLEASE release a 64bit driver for both, WindowsXP64 and Linux. X-Server in Framebuffer mode with my
    Radeon 9800XT sucks badly....