CATALYST 4.2 available now

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CATALYST maker, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Spotten

Spotten New Member

CATALYST Maker:

Can you help he with a question? I hope so..

I have a freind´s PC at the time, and i have installed R9600Pro for him, and i think, "Il try the new CATALYST 4.2" and that i did..

When i run 3DMark03v340 it makes many many errors.. it freeze up in the middle of the test, and then it goes on, an sudently it goes in VPU Recover and i score 11099 in 3DMark03...

http://spotten.no-ip.org/Vild3Dmark03.JPG

It´s on a Pentium 4 2.4Ghz with 512 not the best ram.. and Shappire Atlantis 9600Pro 128Mb DDR.. and WIN XP SP 1 with DX9.0b

I have used 2 options to get DX9, eigther M$ Update og dxwebsetup, and i can see thes error, but i dont know what i means?

http://spotten.no-ip.org/DXDIAG3.JPG

I have installede Ace Mega Codec Pack for watching movies, and under the install there is something called Agressive Codec Remover that i used, can that be that?

In Advance ThX!

2. wolfran

wolfran New Member

Did you disable fastwrite?

3. Junk

Junk New Member

yup.

alt+enter works. nice find!

4. Spotten

Spotten New Member

Yes.. Still dosent work with 3.9 eigther... Maybe a broken GFX?? Sound strange..

5. wolfran

wolfran New Member

A lot of people are saying you need to enable fastwrite with the 9600 series card. You may turn on the fastwrite and see what happens.
    Does he have a good PSU?
    Other thing that may be useful is to increase your agp voltage to 1.6v from 1.5v (but try this for your last resort as no one will be responsible if you accidently damage your card).
    Maybe try the omega set.

6. Spotten

Spotten New Member

Hmm.. I try with Fast Write on then..

I have also a little problem with running 3DMark03 on my own GFX (R9800Pro) it just dróp out on desktop after a few test´s..

Can that maybe be because of to low voltage on the AGP? I have OCéd the rest of my system, maybe thats why?

In Advance ThX!

7. Spotten

Spotten New Member

Same errors with fast write on...

8. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Oh wait a second, I can enable AA *WITHOUT* motion blur and light trails, but I have *NEVER* been able to enable antialiasing *with* Motion blur and light trails on..

Which are you talking about? with or without motion blur and light trails? If you can enable AA WITH light trails and motion blur I want to know what program you did it with, cause I've never seeb it, also- if you can't enable AA with M/B and L/T off, then you had a problem to begin with....

9. wolfran

wolfran New Member

Well I get a really blurry picture with AA enabled and motion blur and light trails on. It's like they are not as sharp as if the motion blur and light trails are off. Is that your situation??

UPDATE: AA is broken when motion blur and light trails on.

Do you have enough power on your psu? I also found that if I OC my gfx card I need to put my AGP voltage to 1.6V to work properly. Also try to disable that VPU recover thing.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

AA has always been broken w/ blur and light trails on- and yes it looks blurry no matter what /w those effects on... So are you saying AA didn't work without light trails and blur on?

---->
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by BWX232
    Are you saying AA doesn't work in NFSu too?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    posted by wolfran:
    yup unless we use other third party profiler like 3dprof. Somehow I found that 3dprof can force AA.

11. leglod

leglod New Member

12. wolfran

wolfran New Member

Before i used my third party profiler, Yes, the AA doesn't work even with the motion blur and light trails off.
    It's like the AA is enabled on the menu but during the gameplay, it's automatically turned off.

13. kevinti

kevinti New Member

ATI Cat 4.2 flashing ?

I need advised!

14. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Re: ATI Cat 4.2 flashing ?

im sorry I dont understand the question, can you explain in more detail? (dont worry if your english isnt great we can work it out).

15. junka

junka Zex Machine

I tried them then uninstalled them quick like, coz they suck big time. X2 plays like a dog with these drivers and the gamma thing don't work no more, and the colours are all washed out and glarey, have gone back to the far superiour 3.9z
    These 4.2 drivers have poo all over them

16. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

I am sorry you feel that way. Have you asked other people on DH if they are having the same issues as you in this game? It is possible that it may be a localized problem that we may be able to help you with, if enough information was given. If you were to re-install them and are able to get the same results, I would suggest you file a bug report with ATI, with as much information as you can. Doing this will only help make the drivers get better in future releases.

ATI CATALYST driver feed back

17. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Hmm, I didn't notice that. But that is exactly what happens with Toca race Driver.. Even though the game kinda sux, AA should still work...

18. junka

junka Zex Machine

I read a post that said when uninstalling old drivers allways remove the ATI folder, so I did and the Cats 4.2 now work great but X2 still sucks with ATI cards but flys on Nvidia based cards. Why won't ATI optimize for X2 like Nividia have? Is it just because X2 has a Nvidia splash screen at the start up and ATI are having a sulky wendy over it? After all its the best game on the market a land-mark in fact, with a fan base of millions if not trillions if not gillions.
    So come on ATI get your finger out your dvi port and earn the respect of loads of space captains.