CATALYST 4.6 out now

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CATALYST maker, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Lumina

Lumina New Member

could you give a download link in the first message of the thread please ? Thank you.

2. Buddahpest

Buddahpest Active Member

Has anyone experienced the problem where their Overdrive tab is suddenly missing? It was there when I first installed the 4.6's, and now it's not. I turned off the computer, went out for dinner, came back, and now the tab is gone. I'm wondering if my X800 Pro is mad at me because I didn't take it out for dinner too. :D

3. Kyro

Kyro New Member

Quality driver release. I'm very satisfied with the OpenGL driver. The main OpenGL game I play is Savage:Battle for Newerth and this set is on par with the ogl.dll from the 3.10 set. Those gave me the best performance by around 10-15 fps compared to an other ogl.dll from any other set I've tried. Now I don't have to keep swapping in the 3.10 ogl.dll :) I love my 9800 Pro and have never had any problems with any games I've had.

Cat Maker: Is it still possible to enhance the OpenGL capabilty of R3xx series with an improved OGL.dll?

4. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

I've had this same problem with the Cat 4.5/4.6's as well. Reverting to Cat 4.4's fixes most of it. This is the first time I've had a game that was affected by newer Cat drivers, so I'm curious about turnaround time on a fix like this.

Can you give a ballpark figure on how long it usually takes the Catalyst crew to fix something like this? You don't have to be exact, but are typical problems like this fixed in 1 or two driver revisions, or more?

5. kicksave13

kicksave13 New Member

Installing drivers??

I just got a quick question and figured you guys would have a quick answer. I tried going through the process of uninstalling my old display drivers( cat 4.4) and then as you know windows restarts, but the prob i have is that as soon as windows restarts it starts recognizing the vid card and starts installing some old drivers it has for the aiw 9800. I couldnt stop the install at all it just went through it. Then i just went ahead and installed the new 4.6's over them and it all wroked but i was wondering how i stop windows from going through this install....i've uninstalled drivers on other PC's and never had this prob but what the hell my drivers seem to be running fine now with the 4.6's but i'm just wondering bc it would be cleaner if windows didnt first install some old ones.
    Any help please. Thnaks

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  6. aycabron

aycabron New Member

If I have an ASUS Radeon 9800XT, can I use the ATI drivers or do I have to wait for the ASUS version?
    Plus, what kind of improvments can I expect in UT2004?

7. Nexus7even

Nexus7even New Member

These have thoroughly buggered my computer.
    I tried to install these over the Omega 4.5's. I know, I know, silly me.
    Well, whatever. I rebooted and noticed the control panel was broken. Ok, I think it's just some conflict with part of the omega package, so I uninstall all the omega stuff, uninstall the ATI driver, uninstall the control panel. Then I reboot into safe mode. I use driver cleaner on all the ATI crap. I reboot into regular windows and install Cat 4.6's again. Still no go. It gives me a Code 10 on the driver. I've tried repeating the driver cleaner process a couple times and even tried installing older versions of the cats omega and not. WTF am I supposed to do despite an OS reinstall. I can't even fix it in safe mode.

Never had a problem installing drivers before. This is a first for me :( Every Catalyst release has been great for me ever since like Cat 2.3. Some of the early versions had a bizarre conflict with a little proggie I run called DU Meter, but ever since then I got nothing but <3 for the Catalyst packages. Now they buggered my computer, or I did, but whatever :(

Any ideas? Anyone?

8. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

I think you answered your own question with the second sentence of your post, but anyway. I would suggest getting a registry cleaning program like Regseeker. Do the uninstall, then Driver Cleaner then run Regseeker. After that reboot and try to reinstall. I have done it this way for ever and Regseeker always removes ATI entries that were not found/removed by the uninstaller or Driver Cleaner. Good luck.

Here is a link to Regseeker if you need: http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

9. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Wow, nice damn drivers. Good job ATI.

Fixed a whole bunch a stuff..

10. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

you can use them but Asus specific tools prob wont work

11. M_A_D

M_A_D New Member

Re: Installing drivers??

Disable internet access... Windows gets those old drivers from windows update...

12. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Re: Installing drivers??

Download driver cleaner and use the cab cleaner in the program also has a read me so read that first.

plus as that has been mention just above me remove the cable from your modem if your on adsl or cable connection.

13. Draxx

Draxx New Member

Ok with the 4.5's and 4.6's when I enable TV out I get a big black border on the bottom of the screen, like the picture has been shifted up. This is not present in any driver prior to the 4.5's. Hence why I'm running the 4.4's.

With or with out overacan enabled its there and also moving the screen in the control panal does not help.

I'm sure it's releated to the following bug that was introduced in the 4.5's :-

But it occurs at the desktop also.

14. florinaperis

florinaperis New Member

[​IMG]

I have the same problem with AmericasArmy game (when i have the "shadows" enable in the game).
    (asus 9800XT)

15. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

The car shadows are indeed still missing when shadow quality is set to high. I also noticed a few new object shadow corruptions......they would bleed through the cars in some areas.

AA.....that works if you turn off hi res bonnet reflections.....they fixed that in patch 1.1 (currently up to patch 1.2)

CM......I believe you are thinking of the AA issue as it applies to TOCA 1.

Oh well, back to the 4.4's for me. (but I'll snatch up the OGL driver from the 4.6's ;) )

Reported the shadow issue to ATI Feedback. Everyone that has the game and this issue should also report it to get a higher priority on getting it fixed.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  16. biloute

biloute New Member

Hi ATi

good job so far as usual and right in time but when can we expect a Catalyst for mobility card ?

Anyway, Omega is here to enable mobility owners to get a great driver but how about an official Cat. driver optimized for mobility card ? :confused:

I've heard that your lovely competitor did it.

Cheers

Neil

17. M_A_D

M_A_D New Member

yeah, an official cat. release for the mobility line would be cool...

18. Drakor

Drakor New Member

Sure it is! I have just installed Cats 4.6 and there are no flickering textures in Flight Simulator 2002 on Radeon 9100 now :)
    Thank you very much!

19. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

It all depends how highly ATI rate a particular "bug" before it receives attention. Im sure Terry could detail this better but the issues they fix all have certain priorities. In this case ive honestly no idea, im on a newer driver than you guys and the issue in that game is still apparent.

20. Trunks0

Trunks0 Keeping an open mind

Also like to point out AA appears to be working now in UT99 under OpenGL as well(At least it is while using the cwdohnal Renderer). Gotta say that so far am I vary happy with this release :)