Catalyst 4.8 Beta Download here.

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by zqy, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Pman

Pman New Member

These drivers are fast! my hi'est score ith the newest omega drivers in 3dmark2001 was 7409 but with these i get 7566! havent tested any games with them

2. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Ok but you see your not a official beta tester now are you? N0. You find a bug it won't be noticed till a beta tester notices it.... Why because you can report bugs all right with official drivers.

These leaks are never a regular beta tester builds either, their special purpose builds, they may exhibit problems the officials or real beta's do not. Also don't expect to get help or support from anyone....

You people have bug? With the official report them....right? No you most of you (99.99999999999999999%) don’t. I tell you what one person out of a hundreds of thousands probably takes the time to make real reporting to ATI and that on official’s betas try 0%.

Most just guys get on the forums talk smack about ATI having problems and possibly costing AT business because you hurt their public image now how is costing ATI business helping them.

There are many reasons you don’t have beta’s …maybe you don’t remember when a dell leaked beta was caused cards to run a little hotter and then over clocker cards were toast.

People screaming ATI’s drivers fried my card …. Blah… blah... Blah…
    Ati’s driver cooked my monitor …Blah... Blah... blah
    Massive bad PR for ATI

They are beta’s and they are at you own risk but you guy are not willing to either assume that risk, nor do you guys under stand it. You should not be using them….

If they fry your card, cause data loss, corrupt your data who knows…? These are relatively untested drivers you’re downloading…

If they do cause problems or cook you card who know but don’t RMA you card or go to support because you did something stupid.. But you know what people will run to ATI tech support also…

When people download any ATI drivers the expect the support of ATI….
    Don’t be expecting help from ATI or any help from many of the ATI knowledge able people... With beta’s you only support in sitting right in your chair reading this post.

Another bad thing is betas aren’t available from an official safe sources who to say someone didn’t monkey with the files of inf’s and Hide Trojans, viruses, etc.. Before you say I have an anti virus. I remind you once there are thousands of variants that are not detected by any anti virus…. When something is leaked it’ll be hosted be some safe places but also by some unsavory characters …

Just look … Risk + Risk + risk + risk + risk …. But you’re totally blind to it…..Why? Most people don’t know nor understand what they are doing….

You just want to down load tomorrow’s drivers to day... then when ATI releases the officials people talk smack and compares them to the beta’s not the officials…

So not only are you guys hurting sales you hurting the driver development now how does that help ATI? It doesn’t…. So enjoy hurting ATI

Just be glad I don’t work as with any software or drivers ATI owns total right over their drivers, That mean For example they can say you can’t host them they could even say you can’t use them! That’s all coved with a basic software license…

ATI should tell beta hosts surprise you can’t host ATI drives anymore… that will put some stop leak in the leak mobile…. Real fast….

Last edited: Jul 28, 2004
  3. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

Hot DAMN! I yanked the OpenGL file out of these betas, dropped them into my current 4.7's and it looks like ATI has cleared up all the texturing flickering in City of Heroes. ATI's excellent driver crew has come through again!

4. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

OT

I hope ATI releases the new Cat's around the same time DIII is released.

5. mr yellow

mr yellow Driverheaven Trooper

Thief III fixed

The shadow bug in THIEF III has finally been fixed :D
    Aswell as overscan. 3Dmark03 went down, but Farcry performance is up.
    Aquamark performance is slightly up too.

I will keep these just for the thief III fix :w00t:

6. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

THIS driver is NOT the driver that will be released. there is one other ATI driver 4.8 ahead of this driver that will be released and be whql'ed. so the new driver may have these fixes u see, they may not, but the new driver to release officially will have the support for instaincing i belive.

7. mr yellow

mr yellow Driverheaven Trooper

The official drivers will definitly be much better.
    If u r currently playing Thief III u will know how irratating the shadows flashing is.

Thats y i will use these untill official ones come out.

8. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

Where did you get that information? This sounds interesting :)

9. kovenantGR

kovenantGR ATI Beta Tester

:) right :)

kov

10. Ronox

Ronox New Member

I see no harm in using beta drivers whatsoever. Regular users dont use those, they download final driver releases from the board or chip maker.

If a beta release fix annoying problems on new games then why not use it? and besides any final driver release is in advanced beta stage anyways.

Would be better if ATI set up a beta board that users could test and comment on drivers before final release.

11. kovenantGR

kovenantGR ATI Beta Tester

ATI has beta testers and a beta forum for them

but we all (testers and users) report bugs there:

http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/

bugs for official cats - not leaked or modded :rolleyes:

only beta testers can report issues for beta drivers (ati betas not leaked)

kov

12. Ronox

Ronox New Member

Yup i know they have closed beta test, but a way for users and not select few to test betas would be cool.

13. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

@Ronox, thats why they have beta testers, AND if ya wana sign up you can fill out a form... they also have the feedback that you can send in, to do your own Beta test on official drivers. ... giving out drivers just because YOU (not anyone in particular) want them... doesnt make sence, dont make it like it does. Also there are two sets of beta 4.8 drivers, these drivers are the FIRST driver in the set, the secound is the better release with other features, and will be whql'ed. from what i hear anyways, also www.guru3d.com has a mirror and suggests the same thing.

14. fleon

fleon New Member

Has anyone heard a thing about the problems with AVI and DVD playback on the Mobility chips with anything past 4.5? ATI has really dropped the ball, and the problem continues into the 4.8betas. I hated the problems with my Nvidia Go chips, but at least they never completely ruined something we've come to consider as basic to a card's functionality...

15. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

i thought u were suppose to use a certain kind of driver made for the mobile cards, from the manufacture? i guess thats your problem, and i think the manufacture needs to fix the drivers, call them lazy. but im pritty shure thats how its SUPPOSE to go.

16. fleon

fleon New Member

Unfortunately, you're wrong. All the drivers put out by manufacturers are based on the core Catalysts. And that's where the problem is. Hence the reason that the laptop manufactures haven't been able to release a driver after 4.5. None of them.

17. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

hrm... well i guess the manufacture or ati doesnt care then... why? i dunno. im not into the whole mobile thing so i dont know :( sorry. thats what i had thoought.