Catalyst 6.1 Released

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Widkidone, Jan 18, 2006.

1. HOYS

HOYS New Member

Wow, I'm not spending the time to download that just so the corners of water in HL2 arent dark...

2. Dazog

Dazog New Member

I can't believe they never fixed the corruption problems with BF2 and the x1800XL

UNBELIVABLE

I have to go back to 5.11 and that doesn't have any of the so called new features in the last few releases.

I was thinking of an r580, now it looks like G71 for me.

3 months and still no fix?

3. mike2h

mike2h New Member

:( goodbye.

4. Sandok

Sandok New Member

:lol: You mean goodbye! w00t! :D

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Wow this set very good I scored 6261 3dmark03 I gain 30 point then old 5.13 set :) last time I scored was 6231 I think this set worth it so far :D

6. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

Don't let the door smack ya on the way out.
    ---Signed: your average "stupid modder"

Let's try and keep this thread back to a real discussion of the drivers guys, and less of a finger pointing bitch-fit.

As has been noted many times with the NFS & BF2 bug...I reallywould expect that issue to be fixed by a patch from EA rather then by a release from ATi, simply because it sounds like they are implementing some of those newer shadowing techniques ATi didn't adopt until the x1800 series [4k shadowing, I think it's called] or some other architecture design compatibility type flaw, rather then a driver goof. I'm sure ATi is flattered that yall think they'll get you a fix faster then EA though :rofl:

7. junka

junka Zex Machine

Well Im sick of vpu recovers all the time playing Eve-Online, so I hope these drivers fix that.
    Soon as I can afford it Ill be buying Nvida, My time with ATI is nearing it's end.

8. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Just been playing with the new omega's. As usual no major problems for me. My creative drivers act up now and again, but never seem to have much issue with the vid drivers - I feel left out (not one vpu recover ever). :sigh:

9. Kitch9

Kitch9 New Member

LOL...... My last card was a 6800GT, this statement is wrong in so many ways!!!

Right first time.....LOL!!!!

The endless installing of thousands of non whql beta drivers drove me nuts and there's an official release every 3 months or so...... Its a mess IMHO.

My only concern is that I've just installed 3d mark 06 and my X1800xt displays garbled colours on the canyon flight test..... I hope my card ain't on the way out!!!

10. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

Great set for me.:) Thanks ATI.;)

BTW.....Whats up with the attitudes here lately....some of you need to chill out.:rolleyes::cool:

11. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

Guys, please keep this discussion civil. If you want to let off of steam, I suggest you do it in the Flame Warzone and not here. Thank you.

12. petri1

petri1 New Member

i agree with many why is everybody so angry at each other it really dosen´t fit here in this thread well haven´t tryed these before

but let me say this

since my first ATi card 9800PRO no cat version ever given me any BSOD´s no other stuff neither but yes in CCC´s beginning it was buggy it froze but then again it was new not perfect nowadays it is super fast.

so thz ATI for good drivers bugs will always exist i think that no one can ever make a bugfree driverset neither a driverset fixing everything you can imagine no one is that perfect.

that said THANKS ATI THANKS DH for being here

see ya :D

13. t0pD4wG

t0pD4wG New Member

Well i just installed windows xp professional x64, So this is the first x64 catalyst drivers i have used and everytime i reboot it reverts bach to 75mhz refresh rate and i have to manually change it to 100. With 32bit xp i used the same settings 1152x864 100mhz and never experienced this problem. Does anyone have any clues what it could be?

14. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

are you sure you have the drivers installed for your moniter and not the crappy windows plug-n-play drivers? Also you could try RefreshForce if the moniter driver doesn't work. google it, you will find it ....great little app.;)

15. t0pD4wG

t0pD4wG New Member

i just tryed to get a monitor driver for my gateway vx930 monitor but there isnt one for 64 bit yet. I believe thats the problem. i had to have that installed to get 100 on 32 bit. So i guess i'll have to wait till they get one if they ever do.

I did install ati tray tool and forced 100mhz refresh and now it fixed the boot up problem but in my games it only supports upto 75mhz option, which is prolly because of the missing monitor driver oh well i still get a steady 125 fps in cod2 so i cant complain i guess.

Thanks for the info..

16. Eck

Eck New Member

Hmmm, just wondering if anyone had WMP fail to play mp3's after installing the 6.1's?

See my thread in DriverHeaven Tools about this and all the stuff I needed to get mp3 back.

I needed a Repair Install.

You'd think it was something either in DriverCleaner or MMC, but there's a guy there who just updated the Catalysts themselves and he lost WMP mp3.

I've sent the DriverCleaner log in to Spike to see if he notices anything there.

I'm going to wait to see if anyone else experiences this and if it can be figured out to be something other than the Catalysts. If not, I'll submit a Catalyst Report about it.

17. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Even with a reinstall of wmp, I can not play mp3 - also cannot play wav - also radio over the internet seems hooped. Not sure what is up. How did you do you repair install?

18. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

19. blink

blink New Member

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]not sure if this was already asked ... has anyone tried cat 6.1 CCC with .NET 2.0

and i mean uninstalling 1.1 then using just .net 2.0 ?!?
    [/font]

20. kbuffman1

kbuffman1 New Member

the fix
    was to go to the "tools" menu of Media Player 10 and then to
    "Options" and then on the tab folder select "Devices". From there select the
    "speakers" on the list which will open up another box . In the window "audo
    device to use:" select a different settting on the list (if there is one).
    Try not to use the "default" speaker device. This worked for me and "viola,
    everything worked again!