Catalyst 9.3 w/ Mobility Modder?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Nuke209, Mar 19, 2009.

1. necrophyte

necrophyte New Member

as far as i know the option of a custom installation is only available in the catalyst software suite.

you have to download dd & ccc separately, not the catalyst software suite and then only install them separately using custom install.

scroll down to "Option 2 - Individual Downloads" on the download page and download display driver & catalyst control center there. then extract both to the default location C:\ATI\Support... and break the installation up after having extracted them. then modify the files in the dd folder, install dd, DO NOT RESTART in between, install ccc, and finally restart.

2. Valleka

Valleka New Member

I downloaded them seperately, extracted them seperately, modified the files for DD, installed DD via device manager, and then tried to install CCC (which gives me the "custom installation" option) but the CCC didn't install...

Well, i guess i have to get on without the CCC, although i'll miss the nice features of it. :(

Anyway, thanx again for your help mate! Really appreciate it!

Oh, and ATI is acting *censored word* for not giving us some Mobility Drivers (i had to say it)!

Edit: I forgot to mention that my OS is Windows Vista 32bit SP1! I'm sure it IS related to the problem.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  3. EAKMotorsports

EAKMotorsports New Member

I´m suffering to install it too I´m in win7 64bits and I have the 3470. I need some instructions too, thank you for the help.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  4. necrophyte

necrophyte New Member

i have currently no notebook with an ati card and vista available to try that out, and cannot use my main notebook (its xp anyway), so i have no clue anymore. but if the driver installs correctly and you can use the card, at least the essential part works.

i would suggest contacting your notebook manufacturers. especially the chat support is very recommendable, at least intel's and hp's from my experience.

i still think theres something (traces of previous installations etc.) preventing ccc from installing correctly, that should be fixable.

5. EAKMotorsports

EAKMotorsports New Member

So the code line in .inf for my 3470 win7 x64 is the same of the 3450? thx for advice.

6. kamalesh

kamalesh New Member

7. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Actually, they aren't because the laptop manufacturers doesn't want them to. Not that I can understand why but that's the way it is.

8. antiflux

antiflux New Member

Hey all, I finally got 9.3 (CCC and driver) to work with my ATI Mobility Radeon X1200 in Windows 7 64-bit (Build 7057) ... I didnt use the modder program. Quakelive seems to be running fine without the flickering problem in full screen mode. Also the game is MUCH smoother than it was in Windows XP SP3 32-bit.

What I did:

1) As per OzzieXP's post I removed the 6.1 references in both of the .inf files (C7_77072.inf & CH_76829.inf).
    i.e. changed anything that displayed "NTamd64.6.1" to "NTamd64.6.1"

2) Manually edited the .inf (C7_77072.inf & CH_76829.inf) with my device hardware information
    e.g. "ATI Radeon X1200 Series" = ati2mtag_RS690, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_791F

you can find the device ID in device manager under the device properties...

THANKS NOW I CAN PLAY QUAKELIVE AGAIN! =)

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7066/worksn.jpg

9. Pr0xiMUS

Pr0xiMUS New Member

This method works with one modification: if you have Windows Vista than change both C*.inf [ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.1] to [ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.0] and if you have Windows 7 than change all [ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.0] to [ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.1]. Then it will work.

Go to start --> run (or winkey + r) and put "winver" and enter. The window will show up and you'll se your windows version.
    NOTE: you have to manually add the driver through the device manager (start -> run -> devmgmt.msc), setup won't detect it automatically.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
    swimtech likes this.
  10. japper88

japper88 New Member

Thanks a ton. I used the modified exe replacement file for mobility modder and it properly modded the new 9.3 drivers, I did not have to do any manual editing.

I couldn't get the 9.3 drivers to install on my notebook with ATI Mobility Radeon 3470 Vista 32bit using the manual methods mentioned in this post.

I had a similar problem with 9.2.

But I just used the normal process with the fixed exe and everything works!

11. romkeris

romkeris New Member

Hello. I want to install catalyst drivers 9.3 for Win7 32bit on ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700, but unsuccessfully.
    I downloaded "9-3_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe", modification passed with
    Mobility Modder.NET v1.1.2.0. Then run setup, but after reboot I noticed, that drivers were not installed.
    I also copied report about hardware from ati setup:
    Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc
    Device ID 0x4e50
    Vendor ID 0x1002
    Class Code 0x030000
    Revision ID 0x00
    Subsystem ID 0x8052
    Subsystem vendor ID 0x1071

Can somebody help? Thanks

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  12. necrophyte

necrophyte New Member

since 9600/9700 dont appear when choosing the drivers for win7, i suppose theyre not supported. like catalyst software & dd after 6.11 dont suport pre-r300 adapters.

try installing real mobility 9600/9700 drivers for vista.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
    swimtech likes this.
  13. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Great thread, awesome... Thanks!

Now I can easily tackle Win7 w/ATI 1600 on my Macbook Pro.

14. romkeris

romkeris New Member

Can anybody confirm, that there is no way instaling Catalyst 9.3 on ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 in win7?

15. NetSoerfer

NetSoerfer New Member

I have not found a way to install them either. I believe that this is due to the fact that ATI changed the structure of the driver .inf files such that Mobility Modder cannot properly modify them anymore.

I have also tried to manually modify the .inf files, but to no avail. I expect the next version of Mobility Modder to work with 9.3 & 7 again though.

It is true that ATI does not regularly update drivers for series older than Radeon HD 2xxx anymore. I think that 9.3, however, is one of those quarterly driver updates that supports older series as well. If I'm right, 9.4 and 9.5 won't support series older than HD 2xxx, but 9.6 will again.

16. NetSoerfer

NetSoerfer New Member

Okay, I got it. I do not fully understand what I did since I downloaded and modified an .inf from another website - Tablet PC and Mobile PC Forums - ATI graphics driver under Windows 7 - but I'll sum up what I did as best as I can, hoping it may help others.

I downloaded the full CCC 9.3 package from game.amd.com and the Mobility Modder including the new .exe 1.1.2.0 beta from the http://www.driverheaven.net/driverh...78628-possible-fix-9-2-later.html#post1223162.

I started off just like I would with any other version, extracting the driver and modding it. Then I installed it, noting that everything but the driver itself was installed.

Now I took the .inf I downloaded, modified it so it fit my card (essentially replacing every RS600M entry with M54, and adding

"ATI Mobility Radeon X1400" = ati2mtag_M54, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7145&SUBSYS_202A17AA

to the list). I got all the bold values from the device manager.

Then I went to the device manager and manually updated the driver for my graphics card, choosing the .inf manually and deselecting "Show only compatible drivers". After a warning about the driver not being signed, it installed without any further problems.

Right now I'm running Windows 7 with Catalyst 9.3 on my Mobility Radeon X1400.

swimtech likes this.
  17. mytrixxx

mytrixxx New Member

ATI Catalyst Mobility 9.3 32-bit for Windows 7
    download

ATI Catalyst Mobility 9.3 64-bit for Windows 7
    download

18. Horax

Horax New Member

Hi everyone..

Im using Vista sp1 (x32) on my laptop with mob. radeon x1600..

The 9.3 catalyst doesn't seem to work, i ran mobility modder just like always, modification gave no errors, but then the installation does not work correctly.. the CCC is installed but the display driver failed..

Before, I have uninstalled all via uninstall routine and then ran driver cleaner afterwards (both in normal system and in safe mode), so all ATI stuff should be gone now

Didnt try the manual .inf modification..

Which lines must i add for the mobility radeon x 1600 ?

19. cyber9270

cyber9270 New Member

1)use the DH Mobility Modder.NET v1110/v1120 to modify Catalyst 9.3 , then find out the CL_76828.inf
    2)copy
    "ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 " = ati2mtag_M10, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4E50
    and paste below the [ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.1] section
    3) goto device manager=>display adaptor=>update driver software...=>browse my computer for driver software=>let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer=>Have Disk...=>find out the CL_76828.inf, then choices ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 and agree to install, we have a new driver now (can restart or later after step 4)
    4) goto run Catalyst 9.3 setup.exe, then we have a Catalyst control center, good luck!

Note: My laptop is sony vaio S36TP(ie. s360 in US), use ATI 9700

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  20. adi_g_s

adi_g_s New Member

Which lines must i add for the mobility radeon x 1600 ?

after modding, this tuning works for me:
    [ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.1]
    "ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600" = ati2mtag_M56, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71C5