Catalyst Crew Feedback Program

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CrossFire, Nov 9, 2006.

1. fatmanp

fatmanp New Member

I have reported my VPU Recover problem on freshly installed windows xp sp2 on hd2900xt with cat's 7.8
    Someone should fix this asap. Alot of users are getting this error. According to Catalyst crew team this was suppose to be fixed in cat's 7.6's but it isn't.

2. junka

junka Zex Machine

My problem is I still can't afford my Nvidia 8800, can one of your crew lend me £80

3. bug77

bug77 New Member

That was cruel. But they need to hear it more often :evil:

4. drivetheory

drivetheory New Member

I've been posting to the feedback form for years...

seems my bug submissions have fallen on DEAF EARS since bugs / glitches i first reported on different cards years ago still exist on new cards with new drivers...

Why bother posting if ATI is going to abandon their line of AGP cards?

on a small side note, I've bought ATI cards since the days of the Rage3D...

FarCry has never worked correctly on any of my ATI AGP cards since it's release, or, for that matter, on any of my motherboards (all of which are Intel motherboards). I've submitted bug reports regarding FarCry to Ubisoft, they blame ATI's drivers every time, with each release of a new ATI driver i check to see if the FarCry glitch is there, it still is to this day, I've submitted bug reports for 3 YEARS and to this day the glitch isn't fixed. Ubisoft blames ATI, ATI blames Ubisoft, and 3 years later it's still NOT fixed... (the most notable was when they blamed my onboard soundcard for the graphical problems... Index of /screenshots is where you can see my screenshots of the "gradient glow" glitch coming from the screen edges)

Please, for the love of _____ (insert into blank some deity or something), tell the people at ATI to take into consideration the QUALITY vs QUANTITY argument. New features are nice, but what's the point if old features are still broken?

- Drivetheory
    A+ Net+ MCSE

5. CiaranJ

CiaranJ New Member

ATI-based Powercolor X1550: s-video not working with driver

Hi there.

I posted this problem in the ATI Radeon Drivers XP forum and after helping me try to resolve this issue, Dyre Straits suggested that I make ATI aware of it as it's still not resolved:

I'm using the card in a PVR machine that I have (Dell Dimension 5000, Windows XP Pro, PCI-E ATI Powercolor X1550 graphics card, Hauppauge PVR150 video capture card) and therefore need to use the S-Video output to get a display on my analogue TV. However, with the ATI driver and this card, all I can get is the DELL logo on startup followed by the Windows XP startup screen. After that, the TV remains blank.

If I do not load a driver, I get a display on the TV, but the resolution is insufficient for my PVR software (GB-PVR).

Here's a link to my posts on this, with further descriptions and Dyre Strait's input:
    http://www.driverheaven.net/windows...ercolor-x1550-s-video-not-working-driver.html

I hope that this helps.

Regards
    CiaranJ

6. plato

plato New Member

Still same video acceleration problem.

This problem exists on last 3 versions as I know (7.8, 7.9, 7.10) and still nothing done to repair it? Is this really a very small problem? Does ATI think we don't play any videos at all and playing only games? I upgraded my drivers yesterday and when I see the same problem.. I think it's again time to rollback to previous version :p

7. deekey777

deekey777 Grünschnabel

There is a bug in CCC or somewhere out of space:
    When I change from Supersampling adaptive AA to MSAAA, it's still SSAAA (ASBT = 31)!
    ASTT = Supersampling adaptive Anti-Aliasing
    ATMS = Multisampling adaptive AA (aka EATM)
    No AAA:
    [​IMG]
    ASTT and ATMS are deactivated (30 = 0 = off)
    Supersampling-AAA (ASTT):
    [​IMG]
    ASTT = 31 (on), ATMS = 30 (off)
    MSAAA
    [​IMG]

ATMS = 31, ASTT = 31, too!

(X1950GT, Catalyst 7.11, WinXP)
    And now Vista:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9173/screenshot007ch9.png
    ASTT on, ATMS off
    http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1089/screenshot001ms6.png
    ASTT off, ATMS on.

8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I know this post is a little old, but, I've played FarCry on both a 9600 Pro, AIW 9600 Pro, and a X1950 Pro. I've NEVER seen that 'edge glow' problem you posted.

Maybe I'll check it out on my new HD2600 XT.

BTW, I'm also a longtime ATI user (haven't even ever had a nVidia card in any of my rigs) and I've had very few issues over the years with any of them.

(AIW Pro 8 MB PCI; AIW Rage3D 16 MB and 32 MB AGP; Radeon 64 DDR VIVO; Radeon 8500 AGP; Radeon 9600 Pro 128 MB AGP; AIW Radeon 9600 128 MB AGP; X800XL 256 MB AGP; PowerColor X1950 Pro 256 MB PCIe; ATI X1950 Pro 256 MB PCIe; and the VisionTek HD2600 XT 512 MB DDR3 PCIe.)

However, I've learned to avoid any motherboards with VIA chipsets when using AGP cards. Headaches and hair-pulling have ended since I made that decision.

So, I'm hoping we can get to the root of the problem you listed.

EDIT: I can never seem to access Imageshack at this time of the day or even earlier. Not sure why. ???
    Anyway, let's see how this works:
    If you can view these, they were taken only moments ago after installing and updating FarCry to the latest 1.4 patch.

Picasa Web Albums - Dyre Straits - FarCry-Screen...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  9. Xolair

Xolair New Member

Well, since the Feedback product list is lacking my product for now, I'll post post my issue here. Here's the link to my thread:

Is this just a driver issue, or something more? (My HD3850)

It seems there might be a DirectD3 related issue with the drivers (Catalyst 7.11), since it gives the errors described in my thread only in D3D games, OpenGL games work fine (the demo of Prey, ET: Quake Wars). I tried OpenGL after this one person posted about a ''similar'' problem on another forum:

VN Boards - Radeon HD 3850 and Cataylst driver issues.

So, I thought OpenGL games would work and they seem to. I've also managed to run one other game, Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, in DirectDraw mode (which is 2D, I assume) without any errors, but running it in D3D immediately gives strange errors and artifacts. I've RMA'd one of my cards, haven't gotten a response yet but I'm still experiencing the same problem even still as with the previous HD3850 and it would seem it's either the drivers, or something else software related. Could it be possible to fix the upcoming drivers/eliminate a possible error in them, since it seems I'm not the only one with a problem like this? I'm pretty certain it's just D3D related... :confused:

10. PETARDA

PETARDA New Member

I have amilo pi 2530 and i cant find drivers for xp for ati mobility radeon hd2300.
    Please help

11. khagaroth

khagaroth New Member

OK, as I got no reaction (read, the bug wasn't fixed) for my bug reports on CCF and it seems like someone from ATI comes around here from time to time, can someone please tell the programmers, that using point chroma upsampling :mad: for color conversion to RGB is an atrocity (and I thought it was abandoned around the times of TNT2...), how could they not notice all the pixelation, banding and other artifacts is beyond me. This applies to video playback, and it doesn't happen if the input colorspace is NV12 (activates AVIVO ?), but that is a nonstandard colorspace and isn't supported by most codecs.

ATI:
    [​IMG]

How it should look like:
    [​IMG]

Ignore the blurriness, if the video was sharper, the artifacts would be much worse.

12. sterben

sterben New Member

Are you even using a supported player?

13. khagaroth

khagaroth New Member

???, it's not DXVA, but normal video decoding (in software), so what do you mean by supported player? Any video player outputing to a renderer that requires conversion to RGB, like VMR7 renderless, VMR9, VMR9 renderless, EVR (only tested on XP, don't know about Vistas EVR) has this problem. If I first convert the video to NV12 or RGB32 using software conversion in ffdshow, everything displays correctly.