CCC 3D preview i hate it...

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CJLMTLCA, Jul 30, 2006.

1. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Ti > IT

Does anyone else think the 3D in CCC is horrible? The scene moves and so does the camera which makes it hard to detect changes as you are playing with the settings. Also, when you change a setting, it seems that the animation restarts it's loop, so you get this jolt in the animation which makes it hard to focus on something to see if the changes are better or worse.

Couldn't this be change to a moving scene with a fixed camera or vise versa?

Maybe i'm just nitpicking, but i don't feel like trying some options in CCC because of this. It could be argued that we can set AA, AF and whatever inside each game, but still...

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn New Member

it jolts, but doesnt reset

LQ low AF & max AF are a huge difference, pretty obvious to see, so is AA'ing

& temporal AA, focus on the signs passing by to see the tearing stop when TAA is enabled ;)

otherwise ya, very cheesy animation

3. Cube623

Cube623 New Member

have to aggree. i don't mind it moving and jolting when settings are changed but yes sometimes because the animation is moving it's hard to focus on what's been changed. IMO it should have 2 previews that you can switch between. 1st one should be the car and another should be something like a backdrop with a still camera

4. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Well there are settings you can not set "ingame" some game have no AA/AF
    settings. Nor to games have setting for the ATI only temporal AA or adaptive AA,
    as well as enabling high quilty AF.

It a basic basic OpenGL game, actually I played withswapping out some of the
    textures of the road for example with real ones from the road etc... with great
    results. The whole point is to give users a basic idea what thier setting have done.
    In multiple situations.... don't like it? you don't have to use it... under 3d setting
    click "all settings"

5. friedmonky

friedmonky New Member

At least you are able to view the 3D Preview. All I get ever since 6.6 is an error message. :rolleyes:

CCC sucks, period. :mad:

FM

6. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Ti > IT

Never thought of looking for the animation, the files are in 'ati tech\ati ace\data\' ?

That got me thinking... If i run some kind of 3d demo in window mode and then run ccc and change the settings i should see the results in the other window? I will experiment... have to find a good looping anim...

7. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Ti > IT

I guess we should just shut our mouths, install ccc, load up a game and play! Forget all this tweaking, set the values in the game and press PLAY! Ok, i'm off to blast some nasties...

8. HolyAvenger

HolyAvenger New Member

I haven't used CCC before 6.7, but I can only confirm that. Just an error message. Fortunately that doesn't affect my ability to change the settings. I really miss the CP, but what's the point when it doesnt get the new settings added ? I guess from 6.8 onward I'll go for driver only installs and use Ati Tray Tools exclusively.

9. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Why from 6.8?

10. The_Neon_Cowboy

look around, you'll find them, ati didn't hide too much of that. I had a bit of fun with
    it and then returned it back to default. ATI made the thing customiseable sadly no
    one has taken much interest other then porting some tools into it...

11. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Yeah well who wants to mod that animation... it serves its purpose and most people I guess are happy.

Do you think another type of image would be better for displaying the effects of AA and AF perhaps? This is an interesting question

12. The_Neon_Cowboy

well you couold do more then mod the animation, a crafty person could for example simply replace it with something of thier chooseing...

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn New Member

the 2 yellow lines are perfect for AF testing, AA should probably be a still angle