CD Projekt Red Acquires Indie Studio to Make Game Based on One of Its Franchises

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Oct 22, 2021.

  1. Calliers

    Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2004
    Messages:
    60,912
    Likes Received:
    4,693
    Trophy Points:
    139
    Best known for its well-received The Witcher series, CD Projekt is a Polish video game developer, publisher, and distributor based out of Warsaw. Founded in 1994 as a distributor of foreign video games for the Polish market, the company opened its own development studio, known as CD Projekt Red, in 2002.

    The massive success of the popular Witcher franchise, now totaling three mainline games and three spin-off titles, allowed CD Projekt to significantly expand its operations. The company now houses six different subsidiaries, including CD Projekt Red Vancouver, formerly known as Digital Scapes, which was acquired earlier this year in March. Digital Scapes had assisted CD Projekt Red with Cyberpunk 2077’s development before being brought into the CD Projekt family.

    Despite the myriad of problems with Cyberpunk 2077, it looks like CD Projekt is going to keep expanding. Announced to investors today, the company revealed that it has purchased Boston-based indie studio The Molasses Flood. Best known for the roguelike survival adventure The Flame in The Flood, The Molasses Flood sold 60% of the studio to CD Projekt, with the remaining 40% be to transferred over time. The announcement also mentioned that the newly acquired studio is going to be working on its own project based on one of CD Projekt’s existing IPs. While this title will highly likely be in either The Witcher or Cyberpunk 2077 universes, it is unknown what exactly the studio is working on or the scope of the project.
    ____________________
    Source: gamerant
     

Share This Page

visited