Change to DVI results in Not Supported error in certain games

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by spurs2k, Mar 15, 2006.

1. spurs2k

spurs2k New Member

After changing from VGA input to DVI, games like NBA Live 06 and Total Annihilation defaulted to a higher resolution than my monitor can support. I have found no way to change the game's menu resolution and am unsure how this even happened. I have the latest Omega drivers installed and a softmodded 9800SE with no overclocking. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can solve this problem? Thank you.

2. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

How high does it set the resolution.... if your monitor supports that resolution on a regular analog line it should support it over DVI unless something is wrong with your system

3. spurs2k

spurs2k New Member

Well I switched back to my CRT monitor and surprisingly the games that previously had "not supported" resolutions under DVI on my LCD/TV monitor are still locked at the 1280x1024 resolution. So for some reason my LCD whose max res is 1280x1024 is reporting that resolution as being not supported in these games even though it is, and proof is that my Windows desktop is that max res. My friend has the exact same monitor and a 9800PRO running the latest Catalyst drivers and the games work fine. This still leads me to suspect the Omega drivers but I guess the only way to prove that theory is to uninstall Omega and try Catalyst.

4. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

So go for it.