Check driver Update/ Live update

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by Jerry-Bonn, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Jerry-Bonn

Jerry-Bonn New Member

Hi,
    I just bought the software yesterday and this helped me solving a Driver problem very fast. So thanks for the great software.
    Now my Problem:
    I join internet via a Fritzbox router. Every time I try to update Drive cleaner or check driver updates I get the message : No internet connection or target server down.
    My firewall in use is Zonealarm. Do the update software need special ports to be open ?

Thanks,
    Michael

P.S.
    Sorry, I forget to tell that I'm using Win XP prof 32-bit as OS

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

the 2 programs do not require any special ports, but it is possible that zonealarm blocks the programs. Can you try and disable zonealarm and see if it works then? If it works, then it is possible that you need to add the 2 programs to a sort of trusted programs list.

3. Jerry-Bonn

Jerry-Bonn New Member

Zonealarm

Hi Spike,

thanks a lot for your very fast answer.
    I deactivated Zonealarm and also my antivirus. But it didn't help. Same message.
    I will try to use the fritzbox as dsl-modem and not as router. Perhaps, it 'll help.
    Thanks,
    Michael

4. Spike

Hi,

let me know if it works.

Please send an email to info@drivercleaner.net then i can send you a link to download a test version of Driver Version Check. Then i can see what happens if i disable the connection check in my program. Maybe that goes wrong and then i know in what direction i must look.

5. Jerry-Bonn

Jerry-Bonn New Member

Update problem

Hi Spike,
    again sorry for the two weeks delay answering, was on vacation.
    I tried the driver version check programm. I own a Nvidea GS 7800 AGP card and the check shows the right driver (Forceware). But then the same error message came on the screen. Not possible to check if an newer driver exists.

Best regards,
    Michael

6. Spike

7. Jerry-Bonn

Jerry-Bonn New Member

Update Problem

Hi,
    I tried my Router as DSL-Modem, it happens the same way. Then I checked my Firewall Zonealarm. Drive Cleaner and Check Version have the right to connect the net, I looked the protocol, they are going outside. Really strange. How can I manuelly update the Drive-Cleaner software ?
    Thanks,
    Michael

8. Spike

Hi,

send me an email at info@drivercleaner.net then i can send you a zip file with all the latest updates. Make sure you can receive zip and exe files at the email address, because the zip will contain exe files.

I will make a not of this and will do some tests and some searching to see how this can happen.