Chevy Camaro '10 and Vette '09

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by RE III - Frankie, Jul 15, 2009.

1. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

2. lepel

lepel New Member

The first one sounds like an explosion when it started up. Nice sound, but probably consumes a lot.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

New Camaro is butt ugly

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I haven't actually seen either of these vehicles yet just pics and of course the Camaro prototype in the first Transformers movie. I still prefer the look of the Challenger to be honest.

5. Tyrsonswood

I agree on the Challenger....... That new Camaro looks like the Escalade...... Barf City

6. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

7. lepel

lepel New Member

They all look too fat, all these modern muscle cars. The classics have a more refined look imo.

8. Tyrsonswood

I agree, the Challenger being the closest to the original is why I like it. It doesn't have enough tire though..... hate the 20 wheel crap myself.

9. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I think the new muscle cars are a beautiful re-embodiment of the old cars. It is a new concept, but still has the spirit of the old car running through it's body.. I really like it.

My favorites are the camaro, charger and challenger.. don't like the mustang as much.

10. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

guess im not that impressed with any of it. the ls9 is a ZR1 motor that gm now also sells as a crate motor, just north of 20,000. hennessy just dropped them in a new camaro and built what was supposed to be the Z-28.

as for the vettes, they knocked off less then .2 seconds in the quarter mile over the stock ZR1. for whatever premium these things are selling for, it sure as hell isnt worth it.

did a little research and none of this is worth the price mark up at all.
    the camaro is 109.000 dollars. you can order 2 SS comaros, 2 ZR1 Crates, and still have a couple bucks left over for that price. the vette only puts out an addition 67hp over stock. thats nothing. the guys that have these cars and have been tuning them have gotten huge gains out of them for next to nothing.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  11. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Agreed Dodge challenger is a worthy car, but camaro screems authority and displeasement at being disturbed.

12. Tyrsonswood

As I said it looks like the Escalade........... one of the most useless poser cars ever designed.

13. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

The Escalade is a 4WD and features prominently in NFS-U2. It doesn't really look like it though. The escalades lights are bigger and ugly. Plus the Camaro is in Transformers and that was cool.

14. Tyrsonswood

I know what an Escalade is, my point is the two vehicles share similar design treatments. It is exactly that "transformers" look that turns me off, why would I want a car that at any moment looks like it is going to "transform" into some little kids toy......

15. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

it's a bad photo of the car as well... search some other pics of it and I'm sure you'll like it better.

16. Tyrsonswood

The new Camaro? I saw one in person (the front end, 3/4 view) parked out front at the local Chevy dealer some time ago..... I didn't stop to look, it just didn't impress.

I've owned a first, second, and third generation F-Body GM (the Second was a 70 Trans Am, the others Camaros) So I like the model, but this one just doesn't cut it for me even though it's based, roughly, on the first generation. The last model didn't impress either.

For my taste I would rate the new Mustang better looking than, or closer to the original lines or "design elements", than this new Camaro. And I hate Fords.....

17. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

18. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

19. Ithryl

Ithryl New Member

I find the '10 Camaro to be absolutely jawdropping and the sound of this LS9 700bhp piece is just incredible. I'd be afraid not to wake the neighbours up riding this home at night.

20. DJShamrock

DJShamrock New Member

If America really wants to sell more cars, they need to do the opposite of what the Japanese and Koreans are doing and start building affordable muscle cars again. Like the same bodys as a Baracuda, T-Bird, Monte Carlo SS, Malibu's, Mustangs, Nova's. Not these plastic looking pieces of crap.

The people who buy most of these cars like Nissa an Kia (I have a 2003 Silver Nissan Maxima SE and a 2000 Pathfinder SE with almost 60,000 miles btw) then there would be a revolution. As far as gas prices and crap, it doesn't matter. You'll pat whatever the price is. Until they invent the next thing, let's have some fun. Anyways these ricers are getting modified and are pwning the Thursday Night Street Fights etc.

Legalized pot, build only muscle cars, and real trucks, and we will rule the world.

lepel and Mac Daddy like this.