Chevy Camaro '10 and Vette '09

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by RE III - Frankie, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

that thing can barely due sustained speeds at 250, if you could find a road long enough to do it. gas tank is empty it 12 mins, tires blow out in 15.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

that's still incredible.....

there not many cars that can sustain those speeds for even that long.

Top speed isn't exactly everything anyways... who cars about top speed when you can sustain a very excellent bit of acceleration. Doing 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile runs. 0-60, 0-100.....

3. SaberZ

SaberZ -Android Fanatic-

I love em, but the Camaro is so far out of my league and many others in price it's not funny. In the 80's teenagers and or early 20's youths owned Camaros of that generation, now it seems only the older mature crowd can get ahold of them.

I'm 28 and don't see myself ever forking out more than $25-28k for a car, and I'm a hard sell for anything that high.

4. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

my rx8 was in the price range you mentioned and i was 23 at the time i purchased it :p.

although, i couldn't purchase a vehicle right now in that price range. i couldn't afford it right now. but, if i could, i definately would buy something in that price range again. :)

5. SaberZ

SaberZ -Android Fanatic-

You aren't the majority though. How many 18-21 year olds do you think can afford a vehicle of that cost? And I mean real, on their own 18-21 year olds, not the ones who have mommy and daddy paying for everything. Majority of 18-21 hell 23 year olds do NOT earn a mid to high income. Low income is the norm, especially now in today's market. My 2001 Impala LS when I went to buy it was 23K which I bought when I was 20-21, but when you get older and have more responsibilities your budget gets tighter(which I know you can feel me on). Basically the car if its marketed towards the 20-35 age range would be far more successful than aiming it at the 35+ crowd which most of the time won't buy it since there is only room for 2 cars and most in that range have families. A camaro is not a DD/Child Shuttle.

When you are young you have the chance to save up money and it typically goes to your first car, after that your buying power has exponentially decreased, especially if you leased the first car you ever pay for since that investment never gets returned.

BTW, your RX8 is a pos!!! soo NYA NYA

j/k I remember the talks about it and the pics, it was a nice car, though my RX7 will poopy on it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    CDsDontBurn likes this.
  6. Judas

over 99% of the the 18-24 year olds couldn't afford a car that was 10 years old and in relatively poor condition. So that 1% is a rareity.

Generally i haven't seen many kids at all with anything over 1500-3000 bucks spent on their first/second/third and even forth cars, they couldn't afford it. Shit there are tons that don't even have a vehicle at all.

The only kids that had anything better was either A: paid in total (or via loans or whatever) by their parents B: paid in monthly amounts however requiring their Parents to co-sign or be primary signer of such a contract making them legally bound to all mistakes made by the kid. C: 18-24 year old managed his money very well and was able to make their payments in a timely manner. (this is the rarest of all)

7. SaberZ

SaberZ -Android Fanatic-

Well what I am getting at is in the 80's, teens and young 20 somethings were primarily driving these muscle cars. The shift is now them advertising these vehicles to that same crowd(the people who were buying them then and now they are much older).

The chances of a 30-40 something buying a Camaro are slimmer than a 18-25 buying one(in terms of product curb appeal). Make 1 trim, savings from that alone would drop the cost of the vehicle, remove all radio/options that are fully upgradable as most people customize their radios with aftermarket units.

Pricing needs to be adjusted, the Camaro in its fullest form can hit upwards of 45-50k. For that amount of money you can get another vehicle that would wtfpwnbbq it. Possibly higher quality as well, GM doesn't have the luxury now to be pricing its product that high(any manufacturer for that matter) and they need to start rethinking and retooling their organizations.

I was a big GM car buff, so don't take it as me hating on GM or throwing this out there because I can't afford one, but because priorities need to be set. The same can be said with the Dodge Challenger(*/drool) and the new 2010 Mustang. The Mustang is more competively priced than the Camaro which was its arch rival.

8. Judas

80's something? never really saw anyone..

mid 70's and below however was when the muscle cars were affordable.... when you could buy an entire fully loaded vehicle for a meer few thousand... and i MEAN few thousand..

i've a bill that my father got when he ended up with a super loaded 78 truck and it wasn't more then 4200 bucks... mags and all.... even the exhaust system and whatnot was chrome and unique.

Before that however things were even cheaper..... more affordable..... even though they were making less money... the inflation rate hasn't scaled the same as what we make today for a wage.

a 15cents for a beer and a pack of smokes, 3 bucks to fill your car.... cmon...

9. SaberZ

SaberZ -Android Fanatic-

Yeah I remember some of the prices but i've also read about it and the curve of inflation.

Granted people were making less back then, but the cost of goods/services was still within reason, even for "the best" of goods.

A fully loaded truck in your case was 4700 dollars. Today, a fully loaded truck can range from 30-45k even more for the "luxury" trucks. Inflation and poor cost management for the lose.

10. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Yeah. Cars are a rip-off. You pay twice to four times as much as you get back. No investment opportunity there unless you're a millionaire and can afford to buy ultra rare and uniquie cars that do hold any kind of value after sale. I reckon I'd buy a GT500 like the one in Gone In Sixty Seconds. That car was awesome.