cl audigy drivers 2.09.0016

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by >GSXR<mrbusa, Oct 9, 2006.

1. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

there are a updated set of official cl drivers for audigy/2/4 cards 2.09.0016.

2. Lemonzest

Lemonzest New Member

These are working nicely on Windows Server 2003 with my Audigy2 ZS :) thanks, also there the first offial release that supports OpenAL 1.1

3. OAKsider

OAKsider New Member

Hmm, just happened by Creative tonight and saw these. Not much info in their notes, not sure if they changed much in the ~8 months since v2.08 but I hope so! Glad to see Creative supporting the ol' Audigy 2's still.

Installed. They sound very different, very clear highs but a bit of hollowness like some older driver versions. Checked iTunes thus far. (Acoustic Rock: Seether - One Cold Night and Alt Rock: Beck - The Information) Will be testing out BF2 and HL2, along with some movies and DVD audio.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  4. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Any change list? I installed these but would like to know what it improved.

5. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

that is really hard to come by for any cl release.

sometimes classicleon, who makes the pax modded set will post a list of changes, but that can take awhile.

6. OAKsider

OAKsider New Member

That is really my only prob with this release. I would really like to know what has changed, and I don't think it's too much to ask. Maybe a few inquiries to Creative will change that.

I might add, I am enjoying the drivers and everything is working properly - At least nothing got messed up in the process from what I can tell.

;)

7. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

There was something about Audigy 4 features now available in Audigy 2 drivers but I didn't notice anything new in the Console.

8. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Don't worry guys I try mod this set if not maybe I get leon do for me :) it be couple weeks though lol

9. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

How about just taking a peek and telling us what's new in the driver :D

10. Robert McClelland

I would try :) just finaly got download it's 1am off to bed lol I try look into more later today once I get up.

11. OAKsider

OAKsider New Member

Much appreciated, very interested to know what these differences I'm hearing are attributed to. Or if it's just me, heh.

12. Robert McClelland

13. ka713

ka713 Deceased

hey if i install this update will i have to reinstall all the updates to eax console ...etc??

14. OAKsider

OAKsider New Member

No you do not have to reinstall EAX/Audio console or any updates again. I installed over the Audigy drivers v2.08.004, EAX Console v2.02.05, and Audio Console 1.20.23 updates.

15. spiderhole

spiderhole New Member

I recently installed my Audigy2 Value card into a new computer and instead of intalling the OLD drivers off the Creative CD I downloaded and installed the latest (2.09.0016) from the support site. Afterwards I realized that this install does NOT include any of the control software such as EQ, Speaker Calibration, Systray, etc. What is the best way to install all of these software components without messing up the Drivers? I noticed that these applications are all in sub-folders on the install disc but there is not a way to install ALL of them without running the main Setup and also installing OLD drivers.

What is the best/safest way to proceed? Should I install the EVERYTHING from the old CD again (on top of the 2.09.0016 drivers), then do the 2.09.0016 again on top of that?

16. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

No Spider, this is a common thing all the optional stuff is on the install cd and updates from their site just cover the driver and audio console. If you want any of those extra things just pick a custom install and select only the programs you want. There's no need to reinstall the drivers themselves.

17. Robert McClelland

I found thing that creative fianly fix :) they fix the sterero surround :D instead having 4 speakers work on 5.1 now all of them work :)

18. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

after you install the apps you want from the cd make sure you update those apps from the cl site. there is a specific order they have to be updated in depending on the apps you installed. if you have never done this type of install before then after you install eax,and etc., you can install creatives autoupdate active-x control and let it scan your syetem. just so you know, the latest driver package runs so much better without all that bloatware installed. i have only installed the drivers since the first standalone release and then i use whatever mediaplayer or codec within that mediaplayer to configure my output sound.

19. savak

savak New Member

After using the driver for couple of days, playing prey, mohaa and listening to music, I must say they are better than the 0004. The high is more detailed and crisp and the bass is tighter. And I think the games are running a little bit better.

20. jiiteepee

jiiteepee Active Member

These drivers fixer the inverted channels I had w/ SB0244 (dunno 100% sure, of was it input or output causing this but, channels were inverted by the loopback measuring software ... probably input).

jiitee