clean PAX drivers available?

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by DeathAndPain, May 5, 2012.

1. DeathAndPain

DeathAndPain New Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to know whether it is still possible to download the latest bare PAX drivers from somewhere. Here in the forum I can only see the suite lately, which contains a lot of stuff that I do not use and do not want, and not all of it can be dodged during installation.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hi I can make just the bare driver for you soon :). I let you have test with it after dinner going watch movie this afternoon done eating first.

3. DeathAndPain

DeathAndPain New Member

Thank you. Meanwhile I noticed that the suite contains a subfolder "drivers" where a Setup.exe is located. Starting that one apparently only installs the driver.

Hmm... I thought that unlike me, you are a native English speaker? Especially since you reside in Ohio. This sentence, however, appears to be a pretty random concatenation of words with hardly any grammatical structure that I could decode... :)

Btw, every few months I need to reinstall my drivers (Xfi Titanium PCIe) because the "speakers" device vanishes. The system then automatically defaults to SPDIF, because that is the only remaining audio device, but since I have no SPDIF speakers connected, I no longer hear anything. I found no way to fix this other than uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. I also fail to see any rule behind this. Sometimes it happens twice in a week, then not at all for several months. Perhaps it is only a small setting somewhere that is reset by reinstalling the drivers? (Yes I do use DriverSweeper.) This problem is not PAX-related. It has been there for years and occurs with any version of the original Creative drivers as well as any PAX drivers. I am puzzled that nobody else appears to be facing this problem. At least I never found it being discussed anywhere. (OS is Windows 7 x64)

The only thing that I can say is that when it happens, it always happens at a clean boot (or reboot). In other words, sound is working nicely, then I reboot the system (or shut it down and power it up again), and then the speaker output is gone.

4. Robert McClelland

I had trouble when growing up with spelling words lol. plus hearing issues also I wear hearing aids when I was growing up too.

5. Robert McClelland

6. DeathAndPain

DeathAndPain New Member

7. Robert McClelland