CNN's Nancy Grace guns for 25 to Life

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by No_Style, Jun 23, 2005.

1. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

There was nothing senatorial to the tone of last night's powerful few minutes that talk-show host Nancy Grace devoted to the upcoming Eidos-published 25 to Life.

Grace, who helms the eponymous Nancy Grace, weekdays on CNN, tucked a conversation surrounding the game into the very end of her 60-minute show Tuesday night.

In her inimitable style, she joined a chorus of voices mostly backing up New York Senator Charles Schumer's recent plea that game retailers not carry the game. Additionally, Schumer is using his powerful position in the federal government to apply pressure on Sony and Microsoft to end their licensing agreements with Eidos.

2. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

Just once! I would like to see somebody use Stewie's line on her: "I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total bitch." :lol: She's good at what she does, but I don't think she has to worry about many people getting their hands on this game. It doesn't look too amazing.

3. Dom

Dom New Member

People have the right to choose what games they want to play and buy, regardless of its content--legal or illegal--so long as the violence is fictional. A mentally fit individual knows what's right and wrong, and that killing a cop in real life if against the law.

I have one thing to say to people such as Grace and Schumer; blow it out your arses!

4. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

Such profanity! :eek:

5. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

It like the producers of the game hired here to create buzz, and sell more games! Genius!!

Really though, I've never heard of this game, that is... until now. It looks pretty bad though.

6. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

How long before kids are banned from watching "Tom and Jerry" cartoons because of excessive violence?

A comment I saw somewhere else - society has too many "do-gooders", and too few "doers of good".

Presumably this game carries an appropriate age rating, under whatever classification scheme is used?