Colin Powell Resigns...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by raid517, Nov 15, 2004.

1. raid517

raid517 New Member

Colin Powell resigns... I can't find a link yet. But I guess this was always on the cards. Powell was never as enthusiastic as the rest of them about Bush's foreign policy of adventurism and isolationism. He is known to have had a number of doubts over Iraq. Maybe we will hear more about what really went on behind the scences when he releases his autobiography?.

I doubt he will stand for President now. Apparently there are some family objections that would prevent him from ever doing this - although I have no idea what these are.

It's a shame really. He is maybe the one guy who could have brought a lot of people together.

GJ

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  2. TJ-

TJ- New Member

well for one hes black, but if i had to choose between him and bush,, would be him, seems like a smart guy, no surprise though....the whole administration is going to hell...

3. raid517

raid517 New Member

How does him being black figure in this? What family objections could there be?

GJ

4. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

He should have ran for president, IMO. He could've had a very signifigant chance at winning(except in states like Alabama, Tennesee, etc.).

5. raid517

raid517 New Member

Aren't some of the southern states majority black states now?

GJ

6. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

Yeah, but that doesn't change the white minority running the electoral college, Senatorial posistions, local offices, etc.

RACISM IS A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION

7. flaherrc

flaherrc New Member

My guess would be that the black community in the US stands behind Jesse Jackson. I heard once that if a black president is to run then it will Jackson. My opinion, CP would be a great pres.

bob

8. raid517

raid517 New Member

I doubt that. Jackson has zero chance of ever winning. A lot of black people don't like him very much either - and a lot of other people in the Democratic Party like him even less.

Besides which Powell said it was a family issue. Just because Jesse Jackson is black too hardly makes him and Powell members of the same family.

GJ

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  9. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

Shit, It'll probably be Louis Farakhan or Al Sharpton before JJ. He's a dipshit.

10. raid517

raid517 New Member

I'd bet that this means that this administration will simply continue in it's lurch even further to the right. If Condoleezza Rice gets it - then she really is just one of the President's yes men. (Or women in this case). She will simply do as she has done to date and tell the President whatever it is he wants to hear. If Paul Wolfowitz gets it, I think we should all seriously consider starting to build our nuclear bunkers as soon as humanly possible.

GJ

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  11. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

People don't consider Barack Obama to be a likely black president?

12. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

But as he said in his speech he only wanted to serve 1 term, when bush was re-elected that still stood... so he offically tenderd his resignation.. but he will stay for the time being utill such time as his successor is named and approved....

no doubt many wanted him to stay, but this was forseen long ago...

As for the "standing for the president now" his speech did a lot of kissing bushes and the admistartions politiocal rump... so I doubt he'll be dissing them anytime soon....

13. raid517

raid517 New Member

He has already been dissing them quite a bit behind the scenes. Powell once famously said he thought Cheney had a fever for invading Iraq. Apparently the vice president and Wolfowitz kept looking for the connection between Saddam and 9/11 - both for a long period before the war and for several months after everyone else in the administration had more or less completely given up on the idea. It was a separate little government that was out there -- Wolfowitz, Libby, Feith and Feith's 'Gestapo office,' as Powell privately put it... Powell thought that Cheney took intelligence and converted uncertainty and ambiguity into fact. It was probably about the worst charge that Powell could make about the vice president. But there it was. So it is almost certainly no coincidence that he is leaving. Maybe he couldn't stand the idea of having to cover up his true feelings for yet another 4 years..?

The question is, will Bush tolerate this kind of dissent in future, or will he attempt to shut even the moderate wing of his own party out too?

GJ

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004