COMPETITION: WHO has the fastest Rig on Driverheaven?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by HardwareHeaven, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

thier should be a post count requirement like 300 to enter

like lordarse has 4 real posts .... 2 in the contest entire/discussion threads for a total of 6 posts

and it's doent look like his rig eather it's VR-Zone Team's

so anyone will sign up just to take the prize and yet not really contribute anything back???? thier something very wrong there

it just doest seem fair .... but thats just my take on this

Last edited: Jun 2, 2003
  2. HardWired

HardWired New Member

I disagree. Post counts are overrated...especially if the spelling is so poor you have a hard time even reading what the poster is trying to convey ;)

3. HardWired

HardWired New Member

He already said "I frequent DH a lot, just don't post much". And if you check under his user name, you'll see he has been here for a year now. So I don't see how having a lot of posts makes it any more "fair". If his rig rocks and it beats yours or anyone else's, so be it.

Now he has to talk a lot as well to make it count?

4. The_Neon_Cowboy

yea but it be like tomshardware or one of trhe other places sighing up posting thier stats with a macine not many could afford to build and is part of a comany effort vs. a normal person doest have a chance. it not his @home personal rig.

if thier going to let that go on thier needs to be more than one winner/class
    becouse its not really fair to regular the members / contributers of this forum

for eample tomshardware has a rig running over 4.1 GHZ well over 20,000+ 3dmarks with a just a 9700 pro ... now would it be fair that they sighn up post thier stats then vanish only comeing to take the crown..
    not to contrbuite to the forum mabe help a few of us speed up our rigs, sling some tips mabe ... make dh a better place

5. The_Neon_Cowboy

well anyone that frequnts DH would feel the call to help out, lend advise , ask questions, 6 post means the member ship was probubly from the xp sp1 updates etc.. and to see what kinda cool stuff we have on dh ....

i visit here and post here at least mabe 3 times a day! I have a hard time someone accepting from the VR-zone xould/would have nothing to add to the forums..........

so basically it become a fastest rig on the internet contest....

6. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

I pretty much have to agree with Neon on the part of not using the computer that you built/tweaked and use at home. I would love to have unlimited money for a computer.....but I dont know anyone that does. Not many of us on this site can afford Prometia, high end water cooling, and advanced peltiers. Most of us have to work with what we can and still pay the mortgage and buy food.

I think that an easy resolve to this may be to have 2 classes, the second one holding true to the majority of amature overclocker's. The first class being Tog Dogs, with financial backing "VR-Zone Team" and the likes, I mean come on.......they even have sponsor's!! That would be about like Zardon taking all the equipment from the top manufactures, having there engineer's tweak the hell out of them, bench mark it, and post the scores as his own home system.......For one.......Zardon would never do that, credability is to important, and the scores really would have no "real world" importance.

Most of us on this site work very hard for every bit of money we spend on our system, we take so much pride in that fact that there are many post's in the thread's of this forum, of people announcing to there friend's/family here on Driverheaven that they are finally able to get that 9500 Pro, 9700 Pro, new motherboard, new HSF, and so on. So for the sake of the true hobby tweaker, would it be possible to have maybe an "air cooled top system"? That way the competition would affect a larger percentage of the average gamer/tweaker/over-clocker.

I myself would actually work hard trying for that one, at least then I would have a fair chance. Hell if there was an "air cooled" class I would go out and buy a 9700/9800 Pro this week, and some better memory and see what I could do. At least then I would stand a fair chance, and actually have something to feel proud of, like I really accomplished something.

Formula 1 race cars are nice to look at..........but do you know anyone that own's one and drives it daily??

Roadee:dead:

7. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

im thinking of adding another class(es) but I probably wont get time until the weekend to sort it all out.

I understand your frustrations and ill be looking into seeing if i can make the whole thing fairer and more competitive for everyone.

8. DarkAngel93

DarkAngel93 New Member

Well if you guys decide to go the way of the post count, thats cool by me. At least I can say I had it for a little while. :cool:

DA

9. LardArse

LardArse DH No1 AMD Overclocker

Hi. I get no support from sponsors at all. All my hardware is bought from retail shops. I dont have Prometiea or Vaphorchill. I'm using a home brewed watercooling rig.

10. LardArse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All home-brewed stuff from waterblocks to junkyard radiators. Doesn't look too much like a sponsored rig does it?

11. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

LardArse......

My hat is off to you dude........that is hard core as hell.....:evil:

When I was talking about sponsor's......this is what I was going by.....copied and pasted from:

http://www.vr-zone.com/3DMark/

VR-Zone 3DMark Team

We are a group of hardcore overclockers specially dedicated to overclocking and tweaking of hardware thereby far exceeding the performance of the fastest PC system around. We use the newest 3DMark2003 from Futuremark which is a good indicator to system performance and stability as the benchmark demands alot from the CPU, Memory, Motherboard & Graphics Card. To get the highest score possible, very often we will push our hardware over their limitation by overclocking, modifications, usage of extreme cooling, tweaking of BIOS settings etc. We welcome all the best tweakers around the world to join our team and together we will have great achievements by sharing our knowledge. May The Force Be With You :)

If you have problems getting higher 3DMark scores and wish to improve your scores better, do ask some questions in our new VR-Zone 3DMark Forum. If you are already a very good tweaker, do share some of your experiences there.

The minimum requirement to join our team is at least 6300 3dmarks and please email me at 3dmark@vr-zone.com if you are interested. We will be adjusting the minimum requirements from time to time whenever new graphics cards, motherboards or CPUs are available.

Our Sponsors!

Akiba.fi - Sponsoring Macci
    CPUCity - Sponsoring toofast & Vince Darby

When I looked at the scores on the reference link @ futuremark this is what I seen:

3DMark2001 Project Comparison
    Compared Project Info
    Name Shamino/Ji Kuang/LardArse @ VR-Zone Team

Description Some Volts modded stuff.

Date 2003-05-17

User caramon@cyberway.com.sg

Compare URL » http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6493740

So considering that sponsor's are listed on the site, even though your name isn't listed, and since you filed your scores as being part of the VR-Zone Team, I automatically thought that you may have sponsor's as well and that your computer was just something that your TEAM made up just for benching and not for an actual usable gaming system that the average tweaker was financially capable of.

As I said before, my hat is off to you, that is an awesome benching system, and a very wild idea......BUT...it isn't exactly a system for everyday use.......it is clearly a system made solely for benchmarks.....dude, it isn't even in a case.......it's laying on a BENCH........in the open.......fans sitting on it......some of which aren't even mounted to anything.........

I don't agree with the post count thingy, I like the idea of submitting a picture of the actual system used for the benckmark's, I like the idea of more contribution by the member's that take these "top honor's".......because clearly LardArse, you have a vivid imagination that you were able to put in physical form......and it works. How about a possible tech article, or maybe helping out some of us in the overclocking section, or on your knowledge of cooling, you have been a member for a year and yet have less than 20 post's.......you have the fastest rig, but you don't share your knowledge.......think about it.

Roadee

12. LardArse

Its just in my character, I'm not the vocal type.
    Believe it or not, that is my 24/7 setup. If I had a seperate benching rig, I'd rather go dry ice, which is actually a bit easier to set up and works much better.
    I just entered the contest for fun, there wasn't anything said about post counts. As for sharing knowledge, when I think I don't have anything intelligent to say, I'd rather keep quiet cos I hate to get laughed at :dead:
    But I am starting to make up for lost time here if you notice :)

13. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

I really dont think anyone will laugh at you, you clearly have a lot of knowledge worth sharing. And I sincerely wish you would.

No there isn't anything mentioned about post count, I dont agree with a post count limit, but I do think it would be nice if you would please take a little time and share some of your knowledge.

To use that as your everyday system.........dude.......you are freaking wild!!

I think that considering it is a home built system, that is used everyday......apparently.....you appear to be the real deal, though clearly on the edge of insanity :D :D

I guess we will have to wait and see what Zardon and the staff would like to do concerning new catagories, if they feel that they are possible/needed. Maybe different forms of cooling classes? Lardarse definately has the water cooling category, if there was one. lol

Last edited: Jun 3, 2003
  14. HardWired

HardWired New Member

That's not a computer....that's some sort of mutant monstrosity!!

Man that is something else all together. I'll bet if you asked the average Joe office computer user to tell you what that is, they would have no idea. While it is very unsightly, I agree with Roadee...you are clearly on the edge of insanity :D

And well deserving of the AMD avatar.

Great job man!!

Now get that mess in a case (or a doghouse) or something!! ;)

15. shuki

shuki New Member

/me is speechless

I am completely silenced LardArse..... :jawdrop:

absolutely fantastic! GREAT job and very impressive!! Indeed well deserving of that shiny special trophy avatar you're sporting :cool:

16. LardArse

Used to run a case,

4 pelts, 6 radiators kind of setup, but those days are over.... for now... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its hard to tell which is the neater setup, the one with the case or the one without
    :lol:

17. BWX

BWX get out and ride

[​IMG]

Hey! It's in a case! Wait, is your HOUSE considered a case? I guess so in this situation, hey it isn't getting rained on anyway- LOL- that sh!t is awsome!!

PS- what is your electric bill like anyway?!?

How about CPU speed classes?

Maybe Video card classes? (4200/4600/9500/9700)
    Both for air and "other" cooling. or maybe it wouldn't matter about cooling for the cpu since the tweaking and video card OC would be the difference.. Maybe different classes for air or "other" cooling for video card only. Just an Idea.

That would be fair for everyone.

You could probably work out 20 or more different recognition awards/ avatars.

*9500 /under 1.7hgz
    *9500 /under 1.8ghz
    *9500 /under 2.0ghz
    ----and so on

*9700 /under 1.6ghz
    *9700 /under 1.7hgz
    *9700 /under 1.8ghz
    -----and so on

*4600 /under 1.5ghz
    *4600 /under 1.6ghz
    ---and so on

you get the idea- then everyone gets to play. Obviously the TWO BIG dogs would get the big avatars-
    all the slower systems that win their "class" would get smaller avatars or maybe no avatars, just a badge or something "currently the fastest 9500pro under 1.9ghz AMD on DH" It would be fun for everyone. (maybe too much work for the website, I don't know) but everyone could participate, no matter how much money you have. (well, I guess you need SOME money) but not 5 grand for insane benching rig.

I can see it now.... people coming to DH from all over the world to claim there recognition for fastest rig in their weight, err, umm,.. "cpu speed" class.

or whatever.

Maybe just a dumb idea.

18. shai

shai Banned

i like the idea that a geforce user can join
    but i have 2.2 ghz cpu so i might be in trouble
    so lets make cpu unlimited
    and just test all the cards

19. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

I think just Super Cooling and Air Cooling would be enough.........though it is just my opinion.

20. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

hi land, i'm VERY curious as how old are you??please do answer me.....by the way, actually how much did that cost you?? its impressive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.