Computer Problem (Help Pleaseeeeeee!!!!)

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Y2Stu, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Y2Stu

Y2Stu Member

Bought a new computer on the 5th Feb and its seams to have a liking to crash most days. I thought it would be teething problems and i would sort it out but its not as its doing it most days 10/15 times even more a day.

The problem seams to arise when im at the desktop doing anything like browsing my files, browsing the internet etc... I can play 3D games fine minus the GSOD from ATi every now and again.

Here is the spec of my new computer

Asus P6TD-Deluxe Mobo
    Intel i7 920
    12GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz
    1GB XFX HD 5870 XT
    2 x 1Tb Samsung HDD
    LG Optical Drive
    Noctua NH-U12p Fan
    950 Watt Corsair Power Supply (yes i know its overkill but the one i orginal wanted wasn't in stock and had to make a decsion in the shop when i picked the parts up)

Ive done some problem solving ideas which i would think would fix the problem but it hasn't.

• Ive done the motherboard bios update and it still crashes/freezes

• Ive changed graphics card to an Nvida 8800 GT (my old one) and it won't even boot (gets stuck at vista loading screen at boot up)
    • Ive gone from Windows 7 (crashed there aswell) to Windows Vista and it still crashes
    • Ive ran Prime 95 for hours which doesn't come up with any Memory Errors and it doesn't crash while its doing it
    • Ive reinstalled graphic card drivers and gone to old ones and it still crashes
    • Ive tried the memory sticks i have 1 by 1 in the mobo and it still crashes
    • My machine isn't overclocked

I was thinking it either the graphics card in 2D mode which crashes/freezes or either faulty memory or faulty motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im stressing like mad about it

Thanks

Edit: Forgot to add something. The computer can sometimes run a full day without crashing. It usually crashes the most when i leave the comp on, go to bed and when i get up the next morning and come to browse the web it will then crash/freeze/hang etc... then it will have a hissy fit and keep crashing :(

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010