Computer restarts on 2nd video output

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by drivehard454, Jan 3, 2008.

1. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

I have a problem with a computer restating itself after a few minutes of playing video on a second monitor output.

Here is what I have going on. I have a computer set up with a regular monitor on one video output, and the other output is going to a video/movie projector.

I can play video and movies just fine on the monitor, But as soon as I switch to the projector, after anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, the computer just shuts down and restarts.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

I don't have the MoBo model and Graphic card model with me at the moment, but will get them if it is necessary. Everything is brand new and completely updated.

Thanks

2. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

When did this start occuring?

3. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

This started right away. The way I have my stuff set up right now is I have the desktop on the computer screen. I put the video or movie on WMP and drag it off the right side of my screen until it shows up on the projector big screen. But it will only run a short time and restart the computer.

I have worked on this a little and it seems that if I put the desktop on the big srceen and play that way, It is not shutting down.

Maybe I am not doing this right? I have never messed with two monitors on one system so I am a little green here.