Constant people crying about Vista please F*** off

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by BiGBrOwNPimpsta, Mar 3, 2008.

1. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

Why faggots, why? I mentioned this in another thread today. It's like these idiots are in denial about them being the SAME way just a few years ago. I am simply sick and tired of hearing how Vista has ruined the PC market, worst OS yet and simply not being worth the wait.

Remember in 2002-2005? "OMFG XP sucks, eats up all the ram and waste of space! 98 Forever!" Well cunt-shit, there sure are limitations of a shell OS running on top of DOS. And all the complaints about hardware not being XP compliant, yes you fucking dipshits its on NT codebase expect drivers to come and they did. At that time, multimedia hardware did not always have NT4/2000 drivers. The codebase was different from 9x, when they came they were more stable. XP had loads of bugs, being shitted on always. Then we had the other idiots that supported 2000, an OS they didn't download (yes you heard me right, because 2000 was so expensive). Claiming it was better, the same as XP just without the visual stuff. Where are these nutsacks today? On XP Pro. Why did these people cry? Their computers sucked or just didn't know to use a computer properly. Now fast forward to 2006. The same story, now XP is the new god. Then now theres SP3 and its being praised as being rock solid? It was always rock solid douchebags, if anything for an operating system being used on hardware not manufacturered by the OS makers (Microsoft aka devilware for Apple/linux whores) being used worldwide at the capacity it is now, is simply an achievement.

The moral of this thread: Vista's requirements are higher than before, times have changed asswipes. It is more secure, more idiot proof and user friendly for the masses (error mesages make sense for one). Like XP, it has its issues as it still is young. Its nothing that could take you down as a home user and completely ruin your life (Leopard deleting files, anyone?). Fucking homos, I quote from the hall of flame, "Unwind your panties and have a tall glass of STFU" to these people. Computers are faster and Vista does more, it is far from a failure nor is it a bad OS.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I agree more or less. The only 3 things that I find stopping me from buying Vista is
    A) too expensive in europe
    B) Windows 7 is right around the corner.
    C) I would hate to see say DX11 only be supported under Windows 7.

B and C only matter to me because of A.

3. EZero

EZero New Member

The thing is though, as far as a consumer grade OS, it wasn't as big as a leap as 98 to XP. Windows 2000 wasn't really marketed as a consumer grade OS so don't add that one in.

Several things irked me in Vista too. One of those things was SuperFetch. Yes it tries to predict what I will run and pre-loads it and all, but I find it as more of an unncessary strain on my harddrive every time i start my computer. Another thing is how Vista changed how audio is handled by the OS. (Search google for this if you haven't seen it before) The last kicker is the network degradation caused by playing audio in Vista. Also, Vista takes wayyyyyyyy too long to boot up / shut down.

Granted these things you can turn off / configure. But to the every day user who is even scared of formatting their own computers, telling them to edit their registry or to open a MMC window to turn off services is hardly user friendly.

To the bleeding edge users, whom are usually also gamers, the performance hit by playing games in DX10 does not justify the new eye candies. So why pay another $100 for an OS which you do not need as compared to spending that $100 on new games?

Vista does have it's good sides such as UAC, meta-tags and ReadyBoost. But to joe shmoe, UAC prompts are more of an annoyance and won't understand why it's asking the questions it's asking.

This may seem like a post bashing Vista, but in all honesty, I tried to like Vista, but the cons outweighs the pros for me at the moment.

If anyone wonders if I've used Vista before, the answer is yes, I do. I have vista installed on one of the computers and I do regularly use it.

4. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Perhaps my memory is clouded but I never heard quite as much critisism towards WinXP. Apart from the rampant security problem with the Blaster series of viruses, when any level of critique was quite justified for a while.

If a user has been hurting from one of the many identified problems with Vista I'm quite forthcoming to expressions like "Vista sucks", as long as they know what they're talking about. Even if it has worked fairly well for me there has been a number of well known potholes, some of which has been fixed with SP1 or earlier, and some that are still there.

Then there has also been more concerns around the product Vista, for a customer to be justly annoyed with than just the technicalities. It all rubs off on peoples overall view.

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

doesnt really help when we are subjected to "editorials" on websites from writers with the technical proficiency of a beached walrus. If my father can use vista then anyone can.

installed it on about 40 machines in a year, had one or two issues with a few non supported drivers, thats about it. I absolutely fail to see the problem.

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

If a company... that died... and then came back from the grave..with hardware that doesn't come close to what they were orginally providing..... that creative turned around at bought out durring thier death, is able to produce a vista 32bit drive that works... with no crashes thus far.... and sounds good.... made back in 2002ish....

then all those other companies bitching about making drivers for vista... are complete idiots......

7. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

I agree 100%, + Rep for you man.
    My grandma thought that vista was some new evil concoction from microsoft with the approximate benevolence of a nuclear bomb, then she bought a laptop with Vista installed and she demands that her next computer has it installed or she won't buy it!

Vista is rock-solid stable, not had a single BSOD on it.
    Not having any problems with memory, the performance is excellent and i really find the new search feature included in the top corner of most explorer windows extremely useful.
    The new taskbar is genius as well, the search is GOD imo, beats XP's trawling through entry after entry trying to find what you installed because the new software installed alert hasn't come up (which happened to me an awful lot).

Bottom line is, use the damned OS and see how much better and practical it is and upgrade your fucking system before you bitch about the performance >_<
    Hell, i got decent performance on the Ultimate RC1 with fucking 512mb of ram! Jesus fucking christ... if you think vista fucking sucks you need to fuck the fuck off and GAAAH!!! I'VE RUN OUT OF FUNNY FUCKING FUCK RELATED FUCK THINGS

Now i'm done fucking...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  8. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Really?! - we dont have to worry about budgets any more?

The lowered price for Vista should indicate a financial issue - no?
    Or was it just too much to begin with?

'just buy an new one' - yeah, we all have a money tree in our yards - right?

If you choose to ignore *that* you can keep your head up your ass - and when it doesn't stop the software industry from sticking its dick up there with it - you might just as well be sucking it too.

9. geraldmango

geraldmango New Member

you really do live up to your name man. surprised you are still here after you flamed zardon in the off topic a while ago. Guess you thought that made you look really cool ? when all you did was sound like a real mentally retarded asswipe. Certainly have some anger issues thats for sure.

Oh yeah, you know when XP was released? the demands were high for it in the day too. Its part of being in the tech scene.

If you all you want to do is surf and sound like a retard which you do, then I guess that dell lowend laptop running Windows 95 is just peachy.

10. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

I won't insult you on anything you just typed, because you aren't that stupid nor the greatest fucking douchebag I have met on DH. But I do like to swear a lot, something I can't do in my regular posts on the forum :D

Because Microsoft found an engine that works and stuck with it with Vista? Back then 95 to 98 wasn't a huge upgrade, even better 98 to 98 SE was a service pack in reality yet it was marketed as almost a brand fucking new OS to some chumps. People started masturbating to their sliding windows start menu and the fading window title bar. Was it really a big architectual change? Hell no. Was ME one? It broke you computers balls, but no as well. But M.E. did lay out certain multimedia features which they didn't have before and which worked properly/better in XP (redesigned WMP, system restore etc). Microsoft realized the NT engine could be used for home users and here it is. Stability is better for me on my computer with Vista and was great on my old one with XP.

Oh don't worry I had that issue, directsound doesn't work. It was even worse on XP when it took forever to have at least WORKING drivers out at release for my SB Live. I saw this important thread on the creative forums (a decent support resource for sound) Audio in Windows Vista - Windows Vista - Creative Labs and the reason for change if you didn't know.

XP didn't do this? Find me a KB article to fixing a XP bug, that was not officially resolved with a fix and one of the solutions to this problem may have included editing the reg. It happened buddy! For example, on vista I had a bad issue with my new comp the one I use listed here. My hard drives would like stall, it was a power management problem with Vista thinking it needs to enable a setting even on a desktop. It required me to install the intel matrix manager and do a reg fix. Now what do I do when this happens after a reformat? I just install the intel matrix manager. No more need to touch the reg for me. If you really think Vista needs advanced editing through regedit and admin tools for all bugs, flame wars can begin! But I'll hold back for now.

and here is the thread to prove I had the issue with my hard drives and it was fixed later without having to do regedits anymore

http://www.driverheaven.net/hardwar...ng-vista-install-causing-issues-raptor-x.html

When building a custom PC, I have the choice of Vista or XP today as it is still available from the shops, just not the big retail stores like Best Buy, Circuit City, Future Shop etc. If I don't want XP, I don't buy it. Gamers and these cutting edge users will normally telll you "I do not buy a brand name PC" because the lack of flexibility in customization and costs involved (and I am one of these fuckers). Dell, HP/Compaq, Toshiba & Acer all preload with Vista and I never heard from customers that I had, when Vista was preloaded with their system that it made the computer break down and give you more compatability issues. You have a warranty, go and use it if it does because Vista was preloaded not upgraded by you. The manufacturer tests it out before selling it with their computers. In addition, if you are a business over medium to large scale you would DEFINITELY do a detailed feasibility analysis before deploying vista (which probably would not be very feasible at the moment as it really doesn't bring much for business users). Yes, the new OS probably might have compatability issues with older software, but XP and Vista are the same engine and compatability issues are far less than M.E./98 to XP.

You know this is probably the only god damn point ill agree with you and bitch a little more with it. UAC has good intentions but it makes life harder. What I think they should of done is asked you, how stupid of a user you are? Then enabled UAC. It screws up access to important files for admins and power users. On top of that, these new security settings put in place are all in good intentions to stop unauthorized users and dumbasses that think they are power users from fucking it up (really protecting system files by disabling access to edit them). This can all be bypassed when the real windows vista administrator account is enabled. Which is kind of dumb. UAC isn't too annoying for me, its the high level of security I don't need as a power user on the default account. Actually in the end I realize I'm disagreeing with you that UAC is a good side!

Vista Home Premium and Ultimate are probably not very good upgrade options at the moment for older computer, they do take more out of them. As a business, you want to market your latest and "greatest" (notice the quotes) product and sell it so you actually do the purpose of business: SELL AND MAKE PROFIT. That's what Microsoft is doing, like any other business. Leopard doesn't say on the Box "Will make your old PowerPC processor run like a pile of horseshit" on the front of back of the box. It was even worse when XP came out and way more fucking confusing. We had people pissing their pants about M.E. downgrading to 98, bitching about XP and muslims dieing for Allah (pfffft) in America while taking out Twin Towers. Then many years later, the ones that were bitching finally realized "well my 900MHz Pentium 3 has finally died, I think I'll buy a Pentium 4. I think I'll take a walk and fuck some sheep on the way to Best Buy", they are now are praising XP. If the market adopts something late and the company was trying to push people not overly agressive, its nowhere near a failure. Microsoft didn't say "HEY CUNT SHITS! Get rid of XP from your system now, its out of date within 1 week. Do it now because we are the kings of Silicon Valley and suck our dicks with great success to top it off!". Support is still there for all XP users, migration takes a while and people are just impatient. Problems were worse in 2001 and people seem to have to forgot it. I'm sure Osama didn't come bomb your memories too of these computing events, whores.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  11. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

like you know shit you fucking Dr. Phill wanna be.

'I can sense in these typed words there is anger' - pfff.

or perhaps you are you claiming to be psychic?

Anyone who disagrees has anger issues? where did you come up with such a fucking moronic notion?

Anyone who posts in *THE VENTING FORUM* must have anger issues? -
    spew your ignorance on to the OP then - you overfilled colostomy bag.

12. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

I guess you don't get it, idiots are going out there with three year old PC's that really don't need to upgrade right now. I did not imply "go get a new one". Yes vista will run on your older PC, but poorly or not as well as XP without a doubt. On a new/current PC, there really should be no major issues with Vista that will make life a living hell for you. If you really don't have the money, why in god's fucking name would you go and put down cash on a new operating system? Did I tell you to do that? No... Did god? No. Maybe Microsoft is urging it and you obeyed to something called marketing and felt its wrath. I'm sorry, Mr/Ms/Mrs Consumer that your mother's cunt makes better choices in life than you.

13. geraldmango

geraldmango New Member

No im claiming to be able to read, which is clearly something that you have a problem with.

I don't know I guess when you blow off the handle and start calling someone a fucking idiot and sounding almost insane? http://www.driverheaven.net/off-topic-forum/146744-yvonne-strzechowski-2.html This just cracks me up, you looked a real twat in this thread, I think the only reason you are still here is Z kinda classes you as a joke. And your religion threads? you just shout everyone down like the rabid dog you are.

The offtopic is the venting forum? christ ill add "fucking thick" to your list of traits now. maybe a name change to "maddfoamingatthemouthdoggdick" would be a good name change?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  14. mos2k

mos2k HH's Hermit

:rofl::rofl::lol:

15. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

perhaps you missed this ...
    Microsoft facing consumer lawsuits following ‘Vista Capable’ deception? - Software

Not all 3 year old computers. Hardware that claimed 'vista ready' but in fact was not.

there ya go with your head up your ass in making assumptions yet again... disagreement does not assume anger, nor does it assume 'venting'. It means I am not a fucking retarded sheep zombie like sooooo many others.

'Say it is great!' - it is great - 'good sheep'..... pfff

hehe - 'Gerald - Man Go' fuck yourself - oh I see you already have *that* covered.

and my heart rate is *still* ~76bpm - whats yours? hahahahahaha

YOU WILL LIKELY ASSUME WRONGLY LIKE A COMPLETE MORON THAT I AM SHOUTING HERE - when in fact I just used caps (stupid - 'netiqette' <> reality)... some day you may actually qualify as dumb, keep at it, you'll get there some day.

16. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

lol... i commented on one of the posts here on DH about that lawsuit. First of all, I pretty much disagree with that lawsuit. If it says vista capable and it is indeed capable of running vista basic, then there really is no story. If it cannot install or it crawls so badly all the time on Basic, then we have something to say. Capable can mean "fufills the minimum requirements". I don't think its deceptive, but sure I'd be pissed to install the new OS to find out hmm it doesn't work well. Same thing with ISP's, you pay for 5mbps service, but even if you get 2.5mbps they have fufilled their end of the deal. Vista premium stickers are given to select computers that can run Vista Home Premium. In addition, no shit there was no Vista capable indication 3 years ago...are you confused?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  17. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

I dont feel like clipping quotes right now sooooooooooo here are some reasons why I like vista.

1. The way Vista handles audio is FUCKING amazing. I wouldn't give it back for the world. I have a LOT better control over using multiple audio devices. I love to play my music over my klipsch 5.1s with WoW over the speakers. Then have ventrillo running through my headset. I love it... lots. mmmmmmmmm

2. The way the RAM is handled. In XP over the course of a day or 2, the RAM will stay filled up, I have ran this computer on for about 3 weeks straight and sit here with 29% used RAM... guess how much I have used when I boot up... 26%. That is pretty damned efficient.

3. Pretties... Fuck yes I like the pretties lol.

4. Budget - You can build a C2D machine with Vista Home Premium (and since someone was talking about a money tree missing I suggest planting one with hookers) you can build a solid machine 1-2GB of ram e4300 c2d a decent mobo and something like an 8600 for around $400. L2Buy on sale... ocz has been seen as cheap as $20 a gig for ram. The 8600GT was on rebate for $60 last week, ecs had a c2d mobo for $20. E4300 can be had for <$100. If this machine isn't good enough for you then you obviously dont want a good budget machine and you can GTFO.

5. Drivers - When a community will put out drivers for some hardware / peripherals that the company refuses to do then the company is just lazy cough cough lexmark. They are in it for the $$$. People flock at their <$30 printers. Now they have to buy another one to work on vista. I don't know if the moral of the story would be don't be cheap in tech or companies shouldn't be in it for the $$$.

6. Startup speed and shutdown speed are equivelant or less than xp. Remember when the circular windows logo comes you can start typing in your PW and it will be loggign you in as soon as you hit the enter key. That cuts out a few seconds. Profit.

7. Touching base on the pretties. XP was a bitch to customize. You used Windowsblinds or stylexp. Both programs have been known to take up a decent share of resources. Aero isn't worse sooooo. pft you all!

Just like the brown man above me said... XP was criticized and those who don't remember think back. Yes it was long long ago but think back. XP was buggy as hell. Everyone thought it was a total flop, but now it is worshiped by millions.

18. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

indeed greg, the brown man knows all very well

19. humonous

humonous New Member

wow madogg really is a whiny little bitch !

Anyone who says vista sucks obviously has very little computer knowledge.

Can't wait to see him cross Z again, and watch him getting bitchslapped around the net. I think Z let him off with a fools pardon in that thread. :D:w00t:

20. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

I was pointing out that this:
    wasn't *always* the case. Some of the complaints are completely legit.

no. I just proved your one statement as false at least some of the time. Enough time for a class action suite convincing a judge to continue the suite - so, whether yo agree or not - in a democracy - we don't have live on 1 persons decision alone.
    Oh - yes, *now* you see them, a direct result from all the complaints? - probably.

What worries me most - when Vista was in 'free beta' - how well was it tested if so little hardware supported it??

So - do I want to pay top dollar to beta test their OS - no fucking way - I'll let the billy lovers do that, thank you.

I'll wait for next gen - Vista is the new ME as far as I am concerned. And MS lachies loved ME at first too - oooh eye candy - big fucking deal - a turd in a tuxedo is still useless to me and gets flushed with all the other turds.