Constant people crying about Vista please F*** off

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by BiGBrOwNPimpsta, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

My HP dv9208 laptop with 1 gig of ram is able to run Vista Ultimate with no issues what so ever. No BSoDs. No Driver problems. It doesn't run as well as something with 2gigs, but I run Aero with no issues, I play games with no problems (comparable to the specs of my system, so something like GTA SA, WC3:FT etc, I can even play Sins of a Solar Empire with little issue). Does it get choppy? Sure after either several days of net surfing or 12 hours of straight game play.

Anyone who says that Vista runs like garbage on their laptop with minimum specs is doing something wrong, or their laptop vendor blows. End of story.

2. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

awesome, good to hear!

3. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Bring it to those anti vista fooz ;)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  4. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

maybe ill make a small vid of it in action if anyone wants to refute the claim, haha.

5. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Sounds good, i might show my rig in action on camera proving how vista does in fact pwn ;)

6. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

Yeah its sad when people complain about it, and say how bad it runs, etc. and theres my lil laptop with 1 gig of ram chugging away with vista ultimate hehe.

7. Mofobishop

Mofobishop New Member

^^ Agree

8. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

mmm spam... its whats for lunch

9. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

bitching has calmed down quite a bit, and this yr my university moving over to vista. thank god!

10. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

vista is awesome man

11. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

theres people still playing the UAC/Capability/Crashing card for the reason vista's horrible....

12. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

I disable UAC, compatibility is fine. It only crashes if you overclock like a tard use crappy drivers, or run stupid software, I will say I don't like the gaming performance being not on par with Windows XP. (you lose a few FPS, which could help in games like Crysis.

13. Judas

some games you GAIN fps....

14. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

Why the hell is UAC installed as default. Tha's the thing that most people get hung up on. It's the first thing I disable upon install and the most other folks do the same too.

XP was probably one of MS's finest hours. Vista took it up another level

15. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

UAC is for people like a good friend of mine. He can screw up a system in a heartbeat.

It will save the clueless from themselves. Yeah, it's a PITA for geeks/power users, but for the VAST MAJORITY of the users out there, it's a VERY good thing.

16. Judas

UAC has saved a number of people headaches...

usually the ones that get the popup adds that read " your infected with 291359 viruses... clean now" and click yes....

as i've instructed them that nothing on the internet should kick uac in... they've hit disallow/deny preventing that bastard add to infect the shit outa them.

17. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

But I think it works in a very user-unfriendly way. Surely it doesn't need to the UAC dialogue to come up for every little thing the user does. There should have been an option to turn of the dialogue but still have UAC protection. (If that option exists then delete me...)

The dialogue slows down the productivity of the pc for the user due to its over-eagerness to tell you whats giong on. Is the average consumer so dumb they need that level of intrusive protection?

18. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

They most certainly are. I can assure you of that working in tech support in the computer/backup industry.

19. Judas

Cozumel,

Anyone that has the multiple UAC prompts per week (unless running a legacy program in admin mode for capability reasons).... either means the system is already compremised, or a specific program is poorly coded, requesting far to many rights.... that isn't UAC's fault for detecting something it shouldn't be doing in the first place...

OR you have java installed... FUCK i hate java, what a pile of shit. Anyone running java on vista, no wonder they would go insane with the uac prompts... i don't install java ever, but i give it a whirl every once inawhile just t osee if they'ved fixed the fucking program, and just recently tried it on a vista machine only get bombparded by uac prompts every time i went to a new website or did something completely ordinary....

I've yet to find a good reason to have java installed.... theres simply nothing really out there critical enough to warrant the install of sun java on any machine i've built thus far, nor have i had anyone come in asking for java.... except one person, and that was a bank that was using java for thier business accounts, which, btw, is a shitty bank to begin with.

20. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I remember reading every couple of months some game review where either the game itself or its copy protection, combined with the UAC make the game/system crash. All of the times solved by disabling the UAC. So while the UAC might not be the real reason, but bad programing (game/copy protection), the end result is the same.

I haven't decided if I am going to have it disabled or not for my new to arrive notebook, but chances are I will disable it, just in case.