Constant people crying about Vista please F*** off

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by BiGBrOwNPimpsta, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

I think its great for people who really don't work with computers and really know what is and is not ok to do. If your a 'power user' and are fully aware of what it is your doing, go for it, otherwise i think its a good idea.

-Syn

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

You'll likely disable it..

considering that every notebook computer i've handled with vista has insane uac popsup..... acer has them less.. but even all the acers i get in... i have to manually go through and basically wipe out the programs and garbage and reset it up..... long process.. but the end result is a healthy, non-UAC-insane, working computer.

3. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

Is that a standard APC Support line then, that the average consumer is dumb? :D :rofl: :D
    But there is something wrong if joe public can't be taught how to use their pc properly. It's not rocket science keeping things ship-shape and your house in order.

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Luckily the Clevo notebooks don't usualy come with garbage like that, though I guess I will do a clean installation anyway.

I used Vista on my desktop for a few weeks (trial) and I didn't experience many alerts. Of course I don't install new applications every day either. All I know is that for my mother who will get a new system soon, I will leave it on.

5. Knight_Breed

Knight_Breed New Member

On UAC :duh:

Damn Judas its a PITA I am running Vista Ultimate X64 and 32 bit on 2 machines Vista rocks .... with the exception of UAC :hmm:

6. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Bullshit. With 1 gig of ram, running Vista is a chore... It's slow to boot, slow to run and all in all, a great pain in the ass, especially when you move from the silky smoothness that is XP.

I bought 2 gigs of ram and things have moved from "unusable" to "enjoyable". However, unless your expectations are WAY lower than mine, nobody will say that Vista with 1GB of ram is fun :rolleyes:

7. Judas

vista can and does run very well on 1gb of ram... sluggish on 512... and you can force load it on 256mb... but... what a waist

either way, when doing 1gb/512, you aren't going to do anything beyond internet and word documents... even doing things with digital images via camera is going to be noticeable slower..

obviously i don't recommend anything lower then 2gb .... it's just better period.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  8. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

Translation - I'm an XP Fanboi

9. Judas

Epic Quote....

10. Knight_Breed

Knight_Breed New Member

I am as well and was also a die hard 98SE2 fanboi as well when XP first came out. All new OS's have teething pains and if I remember correctly XP did as well ;)

The SP1 for Vista fixed a lot of issues people have been experiencing and for me running 4G of OCZ Reaper PC8500 ram would I rather run Vista X64 or XP64 :hmm:

XP64 has been plagued with driver and support issues since it was first introduced. So basically if you want to use more than 2.5G of ram effectively go for Vista 64bit :w00t:

11. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I'm typing this post on a PC with Vista... I enjoy Vista, I paid for Vista, I own Vista and I use Vista so how does that make me a XP Fanboy?

I am allowed to moan and bitch about performance and boottimes with 1GB... If you don't think it's slowish, then try it for yourself! I HATE getting worse performance than what I had before and Vista was slower with 1GB than XP with 1GB... If you think otherwise, you're just oblivious to how computers run ;)

I like many things that Vista has added, hate some things it has taken away (where is my powertoy to reisze images MS!!!!!!!!!) but for a media PC, nothing beats Vista. :cool:

12. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Isn't this like complaining a big game of 2006-7 using more memory/resources than a game from 2001-2?

13. Sandok

Sandok New Member

No not really... I knew my Laptop in barebones would have trouble using Vista and I was outspoken about it but people bashed me as a XP fanboy just because my system was not fast enough...

Guess what, I know that my system wasn't fast enough and I didn't use Vista and "downgraded" back to XP, how is that me being a fanboy?!

That's like somebody buying Crysis and running it on max on a ATI 9600 XT, only to realize it's not worth it and isntalling Far Cry instead... It's not being a fanboy, it's adapting to your machine's power.

I did the same here, and once I finally got some cheap DDR2 for my laptop, I went back to Vista and I do enjoy it, even though I find some things suck and others don't...

14. Knight_Breed

Knight_Breed New Member

I think you will find Vista X64 is a lot better at handling memory and doesn't suffer from the inherent XP 64 driver issues we have dealt with for years and not just on DH :uhoh:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  15. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Well I own Vista 32bit so ain't going to rebuy the OS for 64bit, especially since my system doesn't take much advantage of it... :uhoh:

And I never bothered with XP 64bit so...? Don't get your comment :p lol

16. Judas

if you own Vista 32bit.... you can phone MS and get them to ship your 64bit free (shipping costs though is iffy)...

OR download the ISO of vista 64bit.... install it... go to activate it requireing you to call in.. let them know you have 32bit key, and tell them you have the 64bit software disk.. and they should help you out.

hopefully you don't run into any problems like i did..

(pangingjr ran into no issues)

17. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

Actually you should be able to do that with no issues. My Hp laptop came with home premium 32b, i got a copy of home premium 64b from my friend, and just used the normal oem cd key on the back of the lappy. Activated without issue, didnt even need to call..

After the huge outcry, unless your doing something insane, the call in is automated now also, just like the XP one was. You also should have a certain number of 'free' activations, before you need to call in like XP too.

-Syn :)

18. Knight_Breed

Knight_Breed New Member

LOL :D

Well perhaps I misread as well thought you wanted to utilize more than 2G of physical RAM. If you do go Vista X64 and if not stick with 32 bit as Vista handles memory better than XP ever thought of ;)

Although it is a PITA sometimes it has teething pains just like any other OS :cool:

19. scurvy

scurvy So Cutesy Wootsy

yeah I hate faggots. especially those who wag their ass and say Vista is shit.
    Reckon Hilbert's a fag??? Him from Guru3D??

Btw I love Vista, pretty fast these days, runs like a pig with a grenade tied to its back.

20. Reckless187

Reckless187 New Member

Yeah hate faggots too. Guru3D sucks cock. Like fags. So does Vista. So does microshite. So do mac users who can't bear to hear any anti Apple jokes. Fags one and all!!!!!! Fuck em all up the probial and actual fucking arse hole.

*EDIT* Aw crap, just remembered I'm using Vista 64 and it seems to run as good as, if not better than XP. And looks slightly better as well. The rest of my list are all still fags though.