Content Placement Error

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Announcements' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Been using Microsoft Edge as well and get weirdness on it too, generally i can't seem to post with edge, where as firefox i can usually stop the page from loading and it'll give a box to actually type in.

2. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

OK, thx. There is an update (a few actually) available for the forum software. It was going to be done as part of a larger update to the site in the coming weeks, will see if we can get it applied sooner. Might help.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  3. Judas

That'd be swell.... a bit ironic... but I was browsing about with edge and when I clicked on this thread's "new posts".... the site got all buggered up again even though I've been browsing for about a half hour without issue...

it's kind of bizarre how reloading/refreshing the page actually makes it worse.

4. Judas

That'd be swell.... a bit ironic... but I was browsing about with edge and when I clicked on this thread's "new posts".... the site got all buggered up again even though I've been browsing for about a half hour without issue...

ok and now... just trying to post this message.... i'm getting a "undefined error"

a 2nd attempt is now reporting an error without any message, then telling me to wait a period of time.

5. Judas

ok and now... just trying to post this message.... i'm getting a "unspecified error"

a 2nd attempt is now reporting an error without any message, then telling me to wait a period of time.

3rd the interface has become unresponsive (even though the tab can be moved around and the page can be scrolled.... I can't seem to type anything until just now.

(apparently i'm been posting every message but the site isn't showing that it's going through and not refreshing...)

6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

There's an echo in here! :)

Stuart_Davidson likes this.
  7. Dyre Straits

8. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Works fine for me on edge this morning, and now on taps talk app.

And as for me Alerts are no longer working again, been like that for a little over a week.

9. Stuart_Davidson

We'll hopefully have an upgrade done in the next week. In a perfect world it will resolve all the issues.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  10. Dyre Straits

I just got a "Are you sure you want to Like this post?" when attempting to Like Stu's post above. ???

11. Dyre Straits

Can't view the Free Update to The Division....

HH-PageCorruption4.jpg

12. Stuart_Davidson

Thx for the update.

13. Judas

So.... things only seem to be getting worse... to the point that regardless of the 3 primary browsers.... the website quite often refuses to load even the basic things.... not even getting most of the forum or front page content... not even the adds load... but what's weird is that occasionally after waiting awhile.. the moment i click on a link or something... the rest of the site suddenly loads before all disappearing as the clicked link proceeds to load... but never fully again.

This is very irratic though... it never seems to happen the same time of the day.... so it doesn't seem to be load specific.... the last time i recall anything like this happening.. was when there was intermittent packet loss and 502/404/6xx or whatever error with extremely slow loading or broken loading about 10 years ago.... after a struggle for what seemed like a month.... it was determined that the ethernet cable that the server being used was connected with was faulty even after Zardon had been battling to figure out wtf was up... if i recall correctly.

EDIT:

Well that was really -_-ed up what just happened.... replying to the thread... and somehow when i hit post... nothing happened.... only to back out of it and find a new post from myself in the wrong thread...

On top of it... getting a forum error upon trying to post in this thread... (which hopefully this goes through)...

14. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

Over the last couple of days the homepage of the forum doesn't load all of the theme. This is on two different browsers and two different ISPs on different systems so I'm assuming it's not just me. The other pages (I.e.: the threads) seem fine though and going back to the homepage seems fine.

15. Judas

A lot of the classic dialup like experiences... a page with nothing but text.... all jammed to the left side.... sometimes with the links showing the url links instead of just the named link.

It's been really bad for me the last couple of days.

16. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Sounds like XenForo's the new wordpress, Don't bother with any updates until it's tearing itself to pieces.
    Everything seems like it's settling down a bit now, Still getting the occasional error, checked out the last one in a bit more detail it was failing to retrieve the stylesheets and a couple of ajax requests failed with a 401 error, sounds like your auth system chucked a wobbler.

If i get any more i'll post up the headers

17. Stuart_Davidson

Thanks for the updates people. I'll have it investigated again!

Dyre Straits likes this.
  18. Stuart_Davidson

Should have some changes implemented on Monday to fix this. Sorry it keeps happening... if it makes you guys feel better, I never see this issue :p

19. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

I hadn't until the other day. I haven't seen it since o_O

20. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

I have not had it before but I started get this today .. It just looks odd
    Image1.jpg