Control Panel Sync

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by FraggerUNKNOWN, Jan 17, 2014.

1. FraggerUNKNOWN

FraggerUNKNOWN New Member

Hi

I have a slight issue trying to use CMSS-3D Headphone with my headset and switching to my 2.1 speakers

Normally I use my headset for games and have windows control panel set to 7.1 to give me the nice virtual surround sound. Recently I bought a 2.1 speaker set so when i want to switch to the speakers i unplug my headphones from my front panel jack. The creative console automatically changes to 2.1 speakers but this also changes the windows control panel to stereo speakers. I wouldn't mind this but when i plug my headphones back in the creative console goes back to headphones but windows control panel stays on stero.

I've tried the infromation here in the thread titled

[Win7 x64] X-Fi - How to unlink Console from Control Panel?

(sorry wouldnt let me provide a direct link)

but HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\Creative Tech\Speaker Selection does not exist.

I also tried the work around in the thread titled Emulate 5.1 on 2.1 (NOT Headphone mode)

This allowed me to set it to 7.1 in windows without it changing the creative console to 7.1 but If I went to headphones and then back to 2.1 speakers again it would change the windows settings back to stereo.

I've looked elsewhere on the net with little success. I have a Creative Xfi Titanium PCIe using PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite 2013 V1.05 Default Tweak Edition which was installed on a fresh install of windows 7 SP1.

If anyone knows a way I can get the creative consoloe and the windows control panel to not sync with each other or some other workaround I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You have to add that in the reg make it show up only way :)

3. FraggerUNKNOWN

FraggerUNKNOWN New Member

I tried that out just now and its not quite worked out how I hoped.

I no longer have the ability to change my speaker setup in the creative console but I do have an Optimize speaker output for headphones option. When I first looked this was ticked and it was set to headphones and windows control panel was still on 7.1. I unticked the box and it changed to 7.1 the same as windows.

If I change my speaker settings in the speaker setup console to 2.1 the windows control panel will change to 2.1 and when I then plug my headphones in the creative console will switch but windows will remain on stereo.

Was this what this option was supposed to do, if so it hasnt really solved my issue

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You could try google the reg I'm sure it's up there with full reg fix not sure.