Converting HTML files to different languages?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by TJ-, Feb 6, 2008.

1. TJ-

TJ- New Member

I am looking for some software or maybe a script or something that can automatically convert text html files with links in them to 5 different languages. But i need it to not change certain words in the text and not translate the links and anchor texts.

So far the only way i can do what i want is to manually take the text and convert it to the 2nd language and edit what i want changed, problem is i have 2000 articles and need to convert them to 5 different languages. Thats 10,000 total. :oops:

What i need to do is translate 2000 at a time to language #1,2 etc, load up the html files and get them translated with a feature where i can just set it to ignore certain links and keywords.

Does anyone know of such a way to do this? Ive searched google all morning and cant really find anything.

2. TJ-

TJ- New Member

bump :(

starting to do them 1 by 1 if anyone knows any good way to get around it let me know

thanks

3. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

i think that is the best way to do them. Unless you got the money to get traslation software from companies like systran.

4. TJ-

TJ- New Member

takes me about 10 mins each :(

plus i have to go back and add the links in english after i convert them all

looking at a 1 year job here.

checking out systran thanks

5. MatthewC

MatthewC New Member

great idea,
    I might make a C++ program to do that
    could get myself some money, except, I don't know anything about translation, but I think i could figure out how to make it so it ignores anything inbetween the <'s and the >'s and obviously the javascript/css/etc

hmmmmph
    i guess it could get alot of money though
    someone should try it