Counter Strike Source Update Tonight

Discussion in 'Submit News' started by daRk_heLmet, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daRk_heLmet

daRk_heLmet Keep firing, assholes!

This evening we're planning for a major release of two new Counter-Strike: Source maps (de_port & de_inferno), along with a number of smaller changes to the game. This will be a fairly large download, so it might take a while for you to get all of the new content downloaded. It should be worth the wait.

Read More: SteamPowered

2. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

what do ya wanna bet they dont fix the stress test again.that little issue pisses me off so bad that i dont even play the game anymore.its not that its been broke for over two months, its the fact that i dont see any official response to the problem in all of steam forums.i know it is trvial but i dont care about official new maps,i have over 500 custom maps that i got downloaded and i hardly play any of them because everybody still plays dust2 and office and all those old maps.

peace out

3. daRk_heLmet

SteamForums have been becoming very strict. A lot of bans. Today itself, 2 very pominent member got banned. If a mod bans, can be reversed at times, but Taylor Sherman and other bannings...goodbye is permanent.

The reason why they dont post about bug fixes in there is due a large number of trolls. People complaining a lot.
    I am mostly on those forums and it becomes pretty bad at times. :(

4. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

i understand about the troll issue.that is why i have never joined those forums.BUT,all they have to do is post a sticky in the css thread and lock it.i just want to know that something is being done for such a widespread issue.

peace out

5. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

Has the hitbox issue been officially resolved yet?

6. daRk_heLmet

7. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

this is an issue i hear alot of people talking about but havent experienced myself "atleast i dont think i have".its hard to tell though because i have always sucked.

peace out

8. daRk_heLmet

CS:S

• New map: de_inferno
    • New map: de_port
    • Updated Counter-Terrorists player model with new headgear and color scheme
    • C4 red flash displays properly if the bomb is planted under water now
    • C4 explosion damage is no longer affected by water
    • When a map is loaded, an associated .cfg file is automatically evaluated. This cfg file must be located in the cstrike/maps/cfg folder and be named <mapname>.cfg. For instance, the file cstrike/maps/cfg/de_dust.cfg will be evaluated when the map de_dust is loaded. This is useful for per-map rules, bot rosters, etc.
    • Added new route to roof of hostage shack in cs_compound, and improved bot navigation in the map
    • Players must now target another player for at least a half second before the player ID text hint shows up
    • Grates/chain link fences no longer affect bullets
    • Counter-Strike player ragdolls are now affected by ragdoll magnets
    • Fixed a bot crash caused by finding too many hiding spots in a region
    • Bots no longer attack enemies that are very far away unless they have a sniper rifle, or the enemies are shooting at them. Instead, they track the enemy and move to a better attack position
    • Bots understand +use doors now and will pause to open a door before continuing through it on their way to whatever they were doing
    • Bots use less CPU now, especially when in combat with far away enemies
    • Extended the syntax of the bot_add, bot_kick, and bot_kill commands to also accept "t" or "ct" arguments.
    • Fixed bug where bots would stop and become unresponsive if they wanted to hide in an area with no hiding spots
    • Improved bot navigation on the windows and ledges of cs_italy
    • Fixed recording value of cl_interp in demo files and restore value during playback
    Source Engine

• HTTP downloads from the game server system support downloading .bz2-compressed files
    • Disable old style (non-challenged) server queries by default (use the sv_enableoldqueries cvar to change this behavior)
    • Added cvar tv_delaymapchange to delay map changes caused by frag/time limit until the whole game is broadcasted via SourceTV
    • Fixed lag compensation invalidating bone cache for players moved back in time.
    • Fixed lag compensation interpolation error between 2 ticks
    Half-Life 2

• Fixed some NPC actions not being properly randomized
    SourceTV (part of the Source Dedicated Server)

• Fixed memory leak in relay servers by releasing receive tables correctly
    • Bandwidth output in tv_status in kB/sec rather than bytes/sec
    • Running a new map command (spawning a server) shuts down TV relay in same process
    • Fixed SourceTV chase cam following ragdolls of dead secondary targets

9. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

If nobody minds me closing this thread as this update has been posted front page.

conversation or comments can continue Here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.