Couple of Questions if i may.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MMJ, May 24, 2003.

1. MMJ

MMJ New Member

hi,

I've installed the kx drivers for my sblive, i just have a few questions I though....

Firstly, when my computer boots into the windows GUI, the logo screen shows and the winxp start-up theme tune (you know the do-doo-doooo-doo-doo :D) basically gets cut off mid way through and sounds crap, probably due to the drivers doing something? is there any way to sort this I rather like that intro tune and don't want to disable it tbh.

Secondly, can the logo be disabled? I'm fully aware that they are the kx project drivers without them reminding me every time i boot up windows. :lol: I realise the author of the drivers has put in a lot of hours and maybe wants recognition of his hard work but is reminding me after every boot really gonna help? bearing in mind i'm in my bedroom and no-one else uses it? how about an option to disable it please? :)

thanks very much for any help and appreciation goes out to the ppl behind the project. :)

2. tdmusic

tdmusic New Member

I'm not so sure about your first problem, does all your other sound run fine? It may be down to a program loading on bootup which prevents the sound from being fully buffered or something.. Does it happen at the same point in the intro sound every time?

As for your second query, chill out ;) Just right click on your KX Mixer, go to Settings and untick "Startup Logo Enabled". Easy as .. hehe!

Hope this helps,

~tom

3. MMJ

MMJ New Member

hi, thanks for the reply tom.

okay I got the logo disabled... i didn't think to right click the icon, just thought it double clicked. :lol:

As for the sound on boot-up, rather than cutting off as I described above it's more like a quick .5sec pause somewhere in the middle of the tune. This is on a clean install of Windows XP (Slipstreamed SP1a) with only the KX project and nvidia detonators 44.03 running in the systray.

Any ideas?

thanks.

4. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

kX Mixer re-initializes the card on start-up in order to restore the previous configuration
    in order to avoid any sound artifacts, it mutes the card's outputs
    I suggest you disable your start-up sound :)

/Eugene

5. MMJ

MMJ New Member

oh ok i have it disabled now, although it would be nice to know whether you intend to fix this somehow later on in your quest for perfect drivers? :)

thanks for allowing others to use these drivers btw, they are so many times better than creatives 22MB efforts. :lol: