Covid 19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Going the other way here in the UK so many people are ignoring the social distancing (parks are full and people still heading to the beaches) that it appears that we may soon be in total lock down, no going out at all , exercise at home.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

So easy to say something nasty about these people.

3. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

When are you sending me the money? I will buy right away!!! :D

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  4. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

These who are doing so is pissing me off, for many reasons.

I am Self Employed and can still go to work while I do my best to keep a distance as I work outdoors.

as I am a window cleaner, I have only come across a very small amount of people who has asked me to leave it this time around.. Mainly being I know they have Health issues and that is very understandable..

One who has just had three contracts due to a financial issue comes first, Again I could see this being an issue and is understandable..

But there are a few positives.

A) 98% of people is actually at home...so this means I actually get Paid without the need to go out at a weekend collecting. This can sometimes take up around 2 hours of driving around..
    B) I have actually got quite a few more to pay by BAC's so a little less money is handled.
    C) I am actually finding more people who do pay in cash, will always round it up so I don't have to give them any change (Meaning a pound or two but it all adds up) so it is a nice little bonus.

And on my side, All Coins are boiled in a pan with a little bit of bleach, any notes are rubbed over with Dettol Wipes.

I seriously hope the Idiots who think about trying to get a little sun tan on a Beach or Park don't turn the UK into a Full Lock Down.. :(

Dyre Straits and Trusteft like this.
  5. Mr Cairo

Its Bank Holiday friday and the sun is out ....its almost inevitable

6. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Since the last Friday, I think I was outside only once, and that was to take out the trash, so, with that and with the country going to full lockdown for the weekend (5 PM on Friday till 5 AM on Monday), I decided to treat myself to a nice long walk. The two of us didn't socialize with anyone while outside, but we did get a nice 9km walk. I don't know if that makes us good or bad, but we really enjoyed it.

Calliers likes this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I've been out a lot... Getting started on spring yard work. 8 acres never rest.

On the other hand, I haven't left my property for about 3 weeks....

Dyre Straits, Calliers and IvanV like this.
  8. Trusteft

Something to pick up the mood a bit.

Calliers and IvanV like this.
  9. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

10. Tyrsonswood

11. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

Lol,lol,lol. Almost real story.:D

12. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

well the missus, being a critical (behind the scenes) NHS worker is busier than she has ever been atm, working from home.
    (example: her team would usually meet up for a proper team meeting once every 2 - 3 months. last week alone they had 4 team meetings)

cats are ok, except for tiny Foof, who spent a week in the vets getting treated (haven’t had the bill yet, genuinely scared).
    they fixed the pneumonia, but couldn’t figure out the other problem for ages, finally sent away for tests that are so expensive the vet himself was unwilling to do them, and confirmed toxoplasmosis
    so she’s on loads of medication, and fingers are crossed.

how’s everyone else doing?
    coping ok with lockdown?

Calliers, Tyrsonswood and Mr Cairo like this.
  13. Mr Cairo

Yeah we are coping ok here both my wife and son are now working from home and both have realised that they are putting in at least an extra 20-30 minutes a day, evenings are ok we spend more time together than usual playing games and cards etc , only drawback is my son has not seen his girlfriend in over a month and for a teenager thats just hell :)

Hope your cat turns out ok.

14. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

We're managing fine. We don't always find it easy to get organized, there have been days when we start working in the morning and barely lift our butts till it's time for bed (even on weekends), for no apparent reason other than, well, that there's always more work, yet there are others when things get seriously derailed come lunchtime. :confused: Most importantly, though, we're getting along well. I've taken up the clarinet again, which I both wanted to do and feared. I do sound horrible. We occasionally go for a walk when it's not curfew and the weather is nice.

It's god to hear that you guys are all right, I hope Foof gets better soon as well. :)

Calliers, Mr Cairo and niceguyrichy like this.
  15. Tyrsonswood

I'm in a fairly "different" situation than most people... I live alone on 8 acres, can't see another house or the road from here. I don't go out a lot normally, other than shopping.

Other than cut my grocery shopping down to once a month I'm like... Whut? Seems normal to me....

Hope the kitty does well, richy

Calliers, Mr Cairo and niceguyrichy like this.
  16. Trusteft

Financially not good. I have a small hope it might improve next month, but very small.
    Health ok.
    The government here is thinking relaxing the lockdown from next week and then slowly over the next few weeks. Not sure how I feel about this as on one hand I want it for financial reasons, but on the other hand it feels risky .

Other than that, I see nightmares every single night, which I didn't have as an issue for many years. It's not even scary ones, no monsters etc. Just psycological ones, draining me.

17. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I'm doing well health-wise. I'm also working for an "essential business" being it's an auto dealership. We did close down for 2 1/2 days a month ago to do a deep cleaning. I was told after that it mainly involved some crew coming in and spraying some disinfectant throughout the buildings. Not sure how true that is as I wasn't there.

The only real affect on my finances is that I can't get any overtime until things pick up again...and, there's no indication if that's going to be anytime soon. So, as it stands, I'm limited to the 40 hour week...where I had been getting at least 2 and even up to 8 hours overtime at time and a half.

All of my family is doing well. AFAIK, no one in the family has been infected with the new virus. And, tomorrow, my younger sister is flying into ATLANTA from WA state. I'm somewhat surprised at the timing, but, I'll be going to the airport to get her.

Also, it was announced yesterday that our state, Georgia, will be starting a limited amount of opening up businesses beginning this Friday.

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  18. Mr Cairo

Sorry to hear that mate :(

Trusteft likes this.
  19. Calliers

Calliers Side hustle: Mayor of Kenja Staff Member

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having @Trusteft, both financially and with the nightmares. You may have to seek help eventually if they don't stop.

And @Dyre Straits I hope all will be well at work eventually and you can get back on overtime.

Trusteft likes this.
  20. Calliers

Calliers Side hustle: Mayor of Kenja Staff Member

The music video of this is actually pretty damn good, one of my all time favourite house songs for sure.

Trusteft likes this.