Covid 19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 11, 2020.

1. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

Yes, we are all kinda tired of all this situation.... I did not have nightmares but some really weird dreams few times, do not remember details but they were not pleasant.

We have to do what we can and try to enjoy another day, that is what I am doing anyway.

Take care and stay safe all!!!

Calliers, Trusteft and Tyrsonswood like this.
  2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Yeah... We're working, there's some nice music in the background, later we're going to make lunch, go out for a bit (noting special, but we'll walk to the store or something like that), I've booked a lecture in Italian for tonight... it's going to be a nice day. :)

BTW, I can report having some unusual dreams. Not proper nightmares, but I usually sleep like a baby.

Calliers, arb65912 and Trusteft like this.
  3. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

Weird about these dreams ... isn't it? Must be subconscious in play.

4. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Everything is all well with me, Good to have some good weather so I can continue to go to work and keep my business up an running.. :)

As we are in a semi lock down I am finding about 95% of my customers are in and are paying me as we go along, the more who pay me the less I have to collect.. ;)

And yes I am following the social distance measures are in place... ;)

I am not loosing any work at all, I am actually picking up work at this time.. :):):):)

As being a window cleaner in the UK i always hate a Rainy or Excessive windy days.. that usually means I loose money... :(

Seriously I could do with one rainy day that does not look like it is going to happen soon :mad:

Untitled.jpg

Just so I can get to my bank, They are currently open at 10am - 2pm Monday to Friday... :(

Seriously I do not like to have to much money sitting around in my house..

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    IvanV likes this.
  5. MIG-31

Just a little follow up.. as i am not only shopping for myself, I am also shopping for my father...

While spending a little time queuing up at my local super market. Keeping our 2 mtrs apart. There were one chap who were simply begging..

Three times the security guys tried to move him on... and failed...

He constantly badgered the people who were in the que for little spare change.. Most refused, but here were a couple who gave him little something. Most behind were shouting out don't do it......

He actually asked me for a little spare change.... ! as it were my turn.

I simply replied to him are you homeless and sleeping on the streets ?

He Said "Yes.. and is desperate"... fair enough I thought...

My Reply: Sorry to say if you are Homeless and sleeping on the streets... How can you afford to run a Smart Phone either on pay as you go or on a contract.....?

He said he does not have a have a phone of any type...

His face were a classic when I shown him (At my Risk) a photo of him using one.

6. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

not good mate :(

unfortunately too many people seem intent on making this whole thing last as long as possible.
    neighbours behind our place have a monthly get together with a bunch of friends and family. you’ve already guessed that they haven’t cancelled it cos of covid, they were all there this evening, laughing it up same as always.
    fucking morons.
    elderly neighbours on the other side appear to still be receiving regular visits from kids & grandkids as well.

almost makes one wonder why the hell im bothering going to all the efforts I’m going to

can tell you guys that behind the scenes the NHS (which, unlike our government, does actually listen to experts) is planning and putting things in place that allow for this thing rumbling on for months -> into years.
    this is not going away any time in the immediate future.

7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Love this!!!

Some time ago, we had a woman with a couple of kids who would move about to various locations and she would hold up a sign begging for money. Several of us would post up on FB where they were located and when. All the while, the kids were playing games on tablets.

8. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I believe you. Short of isolating every human on Earth individually for 2 weeks and testing every last one of us to see and isolate every individual carrier, it's nearly impossible to completely stop this, other than perhaps with a vaccine. And a vaccine is not going to happen in the next 3-4 months.

9. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

just a btw, be careful judging the credibility of a homeless type person on the basis of whether or not they have a modern (looking) smartphone.
    there are certain services and funds now that are only accessible online, you can’t get by walking into a JobCentre, so a lot of people living on the streets will have a phone that they can use to piggyback on Wi-fi to apply for the pittance that they’re eligible for.

IvanV, Calliers and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. Calliers

Calliers Side hustle: Mayor of Kenja Staff Member

So the premier came on tv last night to announce that some things will be re-opening since the "curve has been flattened". I just hope that once people start walking around again, there isn't a flare up of new cases.

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

There will be...

12. Calliers

I know. And he was like "in other places there have been numerous cases, and deaths, but thanks to our self distancing and respect of quarantine that hasn't happened here." Just you wait.

13. MIG-31

Yes I am aware of that possibility...

But as BTW, there are also been cases that Begging has become a Profession for some and that is not always from a Homeless person.. and I have seen one or two reports in the past that I have seen someone getting caught out... Spending the day in scruffs, getting money for nothing and got filmed driving home in a AMG Merc!

And then it is well known that a good majority who beg is for one reason... is to by the old White substance or what ever they are addicted to..

Just saying it is to hard to say in these modern times who is Genuinely Homeless to those are scamming there way through life..

14. Calliers

There was a lady, don't know where she's disappeared to, all the city dwellers knew she basically was a professional beggar, she lived in low cost housing in the city, but she dressed in poor clothing and went begging from sun up to sun down. When I first moved here, I gave her some money and the person I was with was like why'd you do that afterward and I said I was helping a good cause. But then they explained it to me, and that was my first time realizing some people just beg and busk as basically a living. Also like you said, a lot of them are addicted to something and are just looking for their next fix.

15. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Speaking of nightmares, I finally saw something different. I had a ransom attack on my PC, you know, with that malware/ransomware.

16. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Anyone else finds themselves agitated ? More than usual.

17. Tyrsonswood

Not really, but I could see it happening... I'm used to "isolation" and it prefer it. Most people do not, and being "forced" into it would cause agitation.

The "dream thing" is weird though... Makes me think of "The Stand" by Stephen King.

Also.... Yay, we can post again.

Trusteft likes this.
  18. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

Sorry but what did I miss? We could not post?

19. Tyrsonswood

Site was down most of yesterday... At least for me it was.

arb65912, IvanV and Trusteft like this.
  20. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

OK, got it. Thanks!