Covid 19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Side hustle: Mayor of Kenja Staff Member

Yeah, there was a server error, the team was working behind the scenes to bring the forums back.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Very very Interesting and promising information shared in a numbingly boring way .

Trusteft likes this.
  4. Trusteft

The end of the lockdown here in Greece is on the 4th of May. Although not everything will open at once, you will no longer need to have special permission to go out etc.
    I am a bit worried because many people see this as the end of the crisis, when it is clearly just a measure to protect the economy. I hope we don't return to it soon.

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Looks like the 4th of May is some kind of magic date (Star Wars day?!), as that's when the restrictions seem to be getting reduced almost everywhere. I saw the rules and recommendations for restaurants. Barriers between guests sitting at the same table? Seriously?!

6. Trusteft

With a total 144 deaths so far here in Greece, we are doing relatively ok. From tomorrow no more lockdown and I have to say, I am worried more and more.
    I have to say, so far, the 21st century certainly sucks.

7. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

We will know how this new steps work in few weeks... hope it will be not too bad.

Trusteft and Dyre Straits like this.
  8. Trusteft

The first 5 weekedays have passed without the lockdown. It's too early to tell how this will end. Yesterday I went to the pharmacy where they don't let you even go inside, you are serviced at the door. In the supermarket it was ok, not perfect, but yeah.

Apparently these photos are from today . The beach looks ok. For the most part people take precautions. Unfortunately not all do, especially those who listen to the local leftist groups and antifa. But, what else is new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. IvanV

Looks nice. That's the first impression, pandemic or not.

Here, suddenly, there are pretty much no measures that are anything other than "recommendations" any more. We'll see how that goes. At the same time, the government is increasing (the bill is going through the motions) the fine for not abiding by orders during a health crisis (I'm butchering it, but you get the idea) to a minimum of 400€. We'll see how that goes too. For now, it's unclear to what it's supposed to apply, given what I'd previously said. Which is not that different from how some other issues of this whole situation have been handled since the beginning.

Here, nobody is calling for people to not abide by the regulations, but there have been... happenings organized by different opposition groups (although, from what I've seen, mainly the further-but-still-mainstream right), that kind of are mass gatherings (up to a couple of hundred people) and that is the one thing that I know is still not allowed. Although, to the "credit" of the ruling party, while we still had official curfew and people were voicing their dissatisfaction (about anything and everything) by banging on pots and pans in the evening, the ruling party organized "counterprotests" by sending groups of their activists to walk about (during curfew!) climb buildings, light torches and play recordings of chants against opposition leaders (yeah, they didn't even chant themselves). And, apparently, since it was during curfew, the state actually issued those people (if we may call them people) special permits allowing them to move around freely during curfew. Although I'm not sure it allowed them to gather in groups of more than 2 people. A revolting bunch, the lot of them.

BTW, we actually went to a mall, like two idiots, the first day they reopened them. We were buying a gift for a friend and he wanted a specific household item. Nothing special, but we didn't find exactly what we were looking for in the three stores near us so yeah...

arb65912 likes this.
  10. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

Brave man... lol,lol.

I do not know, I must be the coward type... I am just afraid not to get that shit... especially after heart attack, still wearing that life vest , almost two more months to go and later either nothing or the one under the skin.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  11. IvanV

There's nothing wrong with being smart. This isn't the end of the world, but we should take care, for our own and everyone else's sake. People who are dealing with other medical issues doubly so.

So far, I know of a few cases. The outcomes cover the whole spectrum, some barely felt it, some barely pulled through, some didn't pull through.

Mr Cairo and arb65912 like this.
  12. Trusteft

13. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

Yes, very true...

14. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

I love the way Matt Lucas sums up the UK's lockdown easing. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yes it is Piss Take on Good old Boris, I still do not get why the FOOK he has allowed us to travel in cars much further than before, and we still can not visit family members (Most of mine are within a ten mile radius)

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Trusteft likes this.
  15. IvanV

This happened today:

[​IMG]

On the left is a pro-government rally. You can count on 90+% of the gathered people being there on assignment, possibly for some pittance. They are there to counter the guys that you can see on the far right, who are there to support the leader of the further-but-still-mainstream right party that I mentioned previously. Because fu*k social distancing.

A little bit of background: yesterday, one opposition MP decided to sit in front of the Parliament and go on a hunger strike for reasons. The leader of another opposition party decided to join him for those, but also other reasons. Then a prominent MP from the ruling party decided to go on a hunger strike himself to protest the unfair treatment and slandering to which the government was being subjected. Today, the first guy decided that the whole thing was ridiculous and quit and walked away, but the other two guys decided to stay. They also decided that it would be an awesome idea to take it to another level and gather some supporters to cheer them and boo the other guy. The pro government media has also been claiming whole day that the opposition leader that's on hunger strike is secretly eating. Meanwhile, in an actual news report from the scene, the hunger-striking MP from the ruling class can be clearly seen in the background, chewing.

Trusteft likes this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

They are doing it wrong.

It's stay 6 feet apart.... not cram as many people into a 6 foot circle as possible.

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  17. Trusteft

14 days have passed since the end of the lock-down here in Greece. The R0 has stayed at between 0.3 - 0.4.
    So far so good.
    The total number of deaths from the pandemic remain under 170. The early strict measures appear to have worked so far.
    I will wait another two weeks before I return to my normal amount of walks/exists from the apartment.
    Let's hope we will still have good news in another two weeks from now.

Dyre Straits and Calliers like this.
  18. MIG-31

Yes, it were only time when the uk opened up the travel rules... And the Beaches became a "Normal Day"

Staunton Sands in north Devon...

_112380892_saunton_sands_car_park_2_edit.jpg

Perranporth Beach in Devon.. And there are reports of some has travelled at least 80 miles...

perranporth.jpg

Skegness Cue for the one and only Public Toilet that is open... Why Just Why ?

Skeg Beach..jpg

I simply do not understand why there is a need to visit a Beach Resort when almost nothing is going to be the same again for many months to come...

This weekend is a Bank Holiday, is going to be a very big test for the uk..

Trusteft likes this.
  19. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

bloke stood shoulder-to-shoulder on crowded beach on sunny day complains that social distancing measures aren’t strict enough is pretty much peak f*cking covid :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/NickDixonITV/status/1262984925386506246

and why in the hell is nobody in the uk wearing a sodding mask btw?

wear a mask you selfish motherfuckers
    some of us have a whole heap bunch of immediate family who work for the NHS

MIG-31, Tyrsonswood and Trusteft like this.
  20. MIG-31

Sorry but I do not see the point of a average of a two hour or so wait for this... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

_112383675_hi061555192-1.jpg

McDonalds is no were near good enough to wait for... o_O

Calliers and Trusteft like this.