Covid 19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

your first mistake is watching broadcast news
    your second is watching cnn of all places, as they are basically the onion of news, only they don't realize it's completely nonsense.

They, last i checked, were sourcing the NYT arctical the frames the topic about how trump didn't pay a dime, or rather 750 dollars in 2016 and again later.

however what they like to do and what's rather hilarious, is that they themselves then debunk their own claims by admitting that he paid several millions, within the same article. Granted most people only read the first paragraph or the bullshit headline and call it a day, and of course since modern news media does nothing but circle jerk each other, no one actually checks sources properly, no one provides context ever, it's all the driven narrative of what they WANT people to hear and of course drives people to insane claims and thinking they know the critical information when they no the complete opposite.

remember, bad information is better than none at all, it's hard to drive a news network that lacks any journalists at all, specially if you plan on having advertisers as well combined with ratings to get people sucked in.

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

1. You still haven't told me what your sources are, and what he actually paid, or did not pay.

2. I don't hold broadcast news and take their word for gospel, I am fully aware it could be erroneous and check other places for news as well. Just tired of Trump and all the drama surrounding him, tbh you can't even be sure what's real and fake with that man.

arb65912 likes this.
  3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Did he pay millions for the years for which they claimed he paid 0, or for those other years?

arb65912 likes this.
  4. Calliers

See @Judas is one of those tin foil hat lunatics that likes to claim that everything is a lie and they're all out to get us.

Problem is, even he is not sure just who "they" is. :D

arb65912 likes this.
  5. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

It seems that enough of the members here have never run their own business. (I have...for over 20 years...but not any longer.) Using the existing TAX CODES, those who own and run a business have numerous tax deductions that are perfectly legal that can eliminate much..if not ALL tax liability.

It would be either due to ignorance....or stupidity...for a business owner to NOT utilize the EXISTING TAX CODES to reduce...or even eliminate one's taxes.

While neither of us has any personal knowledge of Trump's income vs. taxes, it stands to reason that he does have very knowledgeable tax lawyers who can make use of the tax codes to reduce....or even eliminate...his tax liability.

What really makes this whole thing "newsworthy" is that, those who wrote the laws are screaming the loudest about this matter.

When I went through my divorce over 30 years ago, my divorce lawyer asked me why I hadn't paid taxes for several years. Per my tax filings, on paper, I made no income. So, I told him, "You don't owe taxes unless you make enough income to warrant paying them." End of discussion.

arb65912 and Calliers like this.
  6. Calliers

Thanks for that @Dyre Straits. The more you know.

arb65912 and Dyre Straits like this.
  7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i clearly stated that the source is NYT which everyone is circle jerking from. The same source that claims that he only paid nothing or 750 dollars... is the same exact article the mentioned his millions paid out above and beyond what he needed to. The entire contents taken as a whole not out of context makes it not remotely a news story at all.

Dyre Straits and arb65912 like this.
  8. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

The Hair the tan

arb65912 likes this.
  9. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

I know that different sources are telling different stories and it is rally hard nowadays to find objective information but what Judas said above is very true.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  10. Calliers

11. center_table

center_table New Member

Most common symptoms:
    fever
    dry cough
    tiredness

Less common symptoms:
    aches and pains
    sore throat
    diarrhea
    conjunctivitis
    headache
    loss of taste or smell
    a rash on the skin, or discoloration of fingers or toes

Serious symptoms:
    difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
    chest pain or pressure
    loss of speech or movement

Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms. Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.

People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should manage their symptoms at home.

On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.

12. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

@center_table.

I have Merged your thread with this one here.

13. arb65912

Soooooo what is a good, objective news source???? :D Is there any?

The crazy thing today is that on Internet you can find any news you want and they all say it is real (almost all) .
    But if you want some sources that support your opinion, whatever it is you will find the people who will back it up (like Flat Earth theory .... do not get me start on that one hahahaha)

14. Calliers

The US broke its record for the highest number of new coronavirus cases in a day

The United States broke its record for the highest number of confirmed coronavirus cases reported in a single day on Friday, an alarming sign that what some epidemiologists are calling a “third wave” of infections is spreading at breakneck speed as winter approaches.

According to the New York Times, by the end of the day on Friday, at least 85,085 cases were reported across the country — about 10,000 cases more than the previous same-day high on July 16.

Public health experts have long warned that uneven compliance with social distancing guidelines, inadequate contact tracing programs, and premature reopenings of indoor venues were creating conditions for a resurgence of virus transmission after its summer peak, and that is what appears to be happening now.

15. Mr Cairo

I actually think that was a scam to help his voting ratings in the upcoming election, Look we say you had Covid and a couple days later we Micheal Bay you back to the White house its gonna look Epic

66605558_2822074454533429_8015880975592456192_n.jpg

An oldie but still funny :)

Anyway we are back in full lockdown here in my part of Wales, 3 weeks or so, At the moment shops have been told that they cannot sell non essential items like White goods, Books, clothing, Homeware, Christmas cards etc .... You can still however buy a 12 box selection of Krispy Kreme donuts as that's now classed as an essential item.

We are back to no travel outside your district and there are police on the M4 pulling cars over to check ... annoying thing now is people are starting to rally around the actively break the rules

My Sons driving instructor tested positive for Covid and that meant my son had to isolate for 2 weeks in case he started to show symptoms (luckily so far he has not and only 2 days to go), what I found odd was while he is isolating at home my wife and I who live in he same house are allowed to shop and go out as normal (with mask), if however he does develop symptoms that's when we have to isolate ...

It makes no sense to me surely if our son is isolating at home with us then by association we should realistically also be isolating?

arb65912 likes this.
  16. arb65912

@Mr Cairo I loved the Flat Earth Society statement :D

Covid 19, yes, here too more restrictions etc. I do not know what to think anymore, it is just too long and too crazy.
    I only hope that after that winter things will sort out to to the level so life can be back to at least semi normal, now it is sure not...

Mr Cairo likes this.
  17. Mr Cairo

if it was an actual work place that would be the comment that gets you fired......."Hang on you said WHAT ??"

I think normality is probably going to be around june or July of next year I have really started looking long term with this. TBH if I had a bunker I would be stocking it.

arb65912 likes this.
  18. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Any idea how my beloved Aberystwyth is doing?

19. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Then Whole of Wales is now under a firebreak restrictions until Monday 9 November (But could easily be extended)

Which means in short:

A) No visiting Any Household Inddor or Out doors (With some exclusions)
    B) Pubs are to close (Unless they can keep the distance rules and Have to serve food) Cafes etc can only continue but as Takeaway only.
    C) All None Essential stores are to close.
    D) Entertainment Venues are to close.

The list goes on...

Nottingham were i am will be in Tier Three before Next Weekend... :(

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020 at 12:43 PM
    Trusteft likes this.
  20. arb65912

I do not think I would get fired but the looks at me would be priceless.... :D

Yes, unfortunately, next year spring... I hate that.