Covid 19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

The Prime Minister here in Greece said the first dosages of the vaccine(s) will be here in the beginning of 2021 and within 6 months the whole thing will be finished.
    The vaccine(s) will be free for all citizens. Special places will be setup to proceed with the vaccinations and mobile units will be send for people who can't for whatever reason go to one of them, again free.

Let's hope next summer will be a covid-19 nightmare free for the most part.

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Fingers crossed. Here they are talking about "at least" 1.8M doses, which is enough for one in four people, with the vaccine being compulsory for health workers and then police and military (and I think the elderly) being the priority so I'm not sure what that will mean for the rest of us.

BTW, I noticed that I had typed a couple of paragraphs a week ago, but never posted them. Our government has been on and on about clubs being the hotbeds of the epidemic and therefore, at some point last week, as our daily cases went into four digit territory for the first time, they have, in their infinite wisdom, decided to... ask them to play the music less loudly. Yes, you read that correctly. :D This week they seem to be getting more serious though, they amended the public health protection law to enable them to charge fines for not adhering to the prescribed measures. The general feeling is that the excrement is about to meet the cooling device.

And in other news, I had a bit of a scare last week. I caught the lightest of colds (again) last Wednesday, nothing worth mentioning, except that, later that evening, I discovered I couldn't smell a thing. Thankfully, two days later, as my significant other and I were making a pie, I noticed the smell of the pumpkin I was grating (and then cinnamon when we ground it and so on). I have to say I was relieved (as well as my co-workers, although I didn't return to the office until yesterday, just in case).

EDIT: It's interesting that the first vaccine that will become widely available will be an mRNA based one (Pfizer), because that would actually be the first time ever that we'd made a working mRNA vaccine.

3. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

I see the cases are more and more but in US it seems like people kind of got used to the situation and just are less scared. maybe I am wrong but it looks like to me.
    I know about masks and I do isolate but overall I am so tired of this constant worry....

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

There is still a lot of people in the US that think it's a hoax... Just can't fix stupid.

arb65912 and Trusteft like this.
  5. Trusteft

Not just the US. Plenty of them here, though perhaps smaller percentage.

arb65912 likes this.
  6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

extremes.. there are people having their fingers pointed at them and called a disbeliever simply because they don't believe what we are told vs what facts and information they have at their own disposal because they actually work in the very facilities themselves. It's kind of surprising how many doctors and nurses that will share with relatives and family members that the numbers thrown around by the WHO and CDC or whatever .. often making it to news as total fact... are completely bogus.

There are a few nurses or people that work in the medical industry that are relatives.. and a number of friends... And pretty much anything to do with covid as illustrated at least in north american news... is total nonsense.

does this mean they or i think wearing a mask is stupid... no... but seriously.

to add to this... I live in a place that frankly the concept of masks are silly... it's rather isolated. I don't have a problem with putting on a mask at a bank or hospital of course.... They are making it mandatory in the cities as i understand it.. again not a problem for me.. but the excessiveness of how far they wish to go about it does seem rather stupid considering actual REALISTIC death rates which are pretty much insignificant.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    arb65912 likes this.
  7. Trusteft

It's nothing to do with death rate of covid 19 on its own. Is about helping the hospitals not get flooded with people who need medical attention tot he point that they can't handle it and people start dying because there is simply not enough room and medical personnel. As what happened in Spring in Italy etc.

I am sick of people who refuse to take precautions because they think they are not at risk or it is fake etc.
    FUCKING MORONS.

arb65912 likes this.
  8. Judas

in canada.. people overwhelm hospitals for the most mundane events... people abuse the system over the most rediclious things.... frankly it hasn't changed at all regarding "covid" the symptoms are fairly similar to other cold/flu like symptoms and frankly a lot of people are sent home anyways since there is literally nothing else that can be done.... the only people that need it are either extremely young or extremely old.. which would require it regardless.

arb65912 likes this.
  9. Trusteft

I rest my case.

arb65912 and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. Tyrsonswood

lol

Trusteft likes this.
  11. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

I have read all you guys said .... this is my take on it.

1. I am reading from many sources that virus size make it easily go through the mask that is one thing.

2. When you see on videos how air goes out (and in the same way, except these fancy ones with filters etc.) you are actually inhaling whatever is in the air you breathe.

The only real protection is that with the mask droplets of spit do not get directly out or in and in case of infected person number of viruses in spit will be much more than in the air.
    So pretty much that is the protection from spit , not from whatever is in the air.
    That is what they say and I admit it does makes sense.

Do I wear mask, yes, if I am in area with people like store I sure do, again, it will not protect me from breathing what is in the air but it will lessen the chance of infection for a reasons I described above.

What I find totally stupid is people wearing masks driving their cars.... what the fuck they think they are being protected from?
    IF the virus is outside in a large concentration, you will breathe it in no matter what mask you have on....

Anyway, I respect all opinions and agree with many and disagree with may as well.

So tell me my friends what do you think about this spreading via air and masks? It is pretty interesting to discuss.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  12. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Elon Musk Questions COVID-19 Testing After Positive & Negative Tests

Elon Musk seems to be calling into question the accuracy of coronavirus testing after receiving mixed results from multiple tests. The accuracy of certain types of tests for the infection has been disputed. But the billionaire is adding new fuel to the fire when it comes to doubting the effectiveness of specific testing methods.

Musk, the tech mogul behind companies like Tesla and SpaceX, is no stranger to coronavirus controversies. In September, he made waves by saying that he and his children would not be getting a potential COVID-19 vaccine if it was made available. Back in July, both he and his brother questioned false-positive testing as well as death rates in the US.

13. Trusteft

Testing , especially the rapid tests are not supposed to be 100% accurate. Not even counting human error.

As for him not getting the vaccine, watch this video from 49 sec onwards.

They explained it quite well.

Calliers likes this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

15. Trusteft

Yes, that's what I mentioned in the previous reply of mine. A bit disappointing Elon does these mistakes.

16. Judas

still if you have a 50/50 chance of it spitting out false positives... what's the point?

17. Tyrsonswood

I just thought "Space Karen" was classic...

Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.
  18. Trusteft

oh I agree. It was a good quote.

Mr Cairo and Tyrsonswood like this.
  19. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

For the UK... o_O:rolleyes:

Covid-19: Three households can mix over Christmas in UK
    Up to three households can meet up during a five-day Christmas period of 23-27 December, leaders of the four UK nations have agreed.

The leaders said 2020 "cannot be a normal Christmas" but family and friends will be able to see each other in a "limited and cautious" way.

People can mix indoors in homes, places of worship and in outdoor spaces.

But existing rules on hospitality and venues will remain and the bubbles people form must be "exclusive".

This means people cannot get together with those from more than two other households and, once a bubble is formed, it must not be changed or be extended further.

Travel restrictions across the four nations and between tiers will also be lifted to allow people visit families in other parts of the UK.

I have already wrote off Xmas and the New year months ago... Happy new Lockdown 2021 begins now.. :(

20. Trusteft

Get ready for the next lockdown in January.