Covid 19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Meanwhile, in America...

Masks.jpg

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

If this is true, I hope they all die.

3. Tyrsonswood

Viruses are not selective about who they kill...

4. Trusteft

I am.

IvanV and Mr Cairo like this.
  5. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

HAHHAHA that made my day

Trusteft likes this.
  6. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Rome airport to allow passengers from the US to skip quarantine

Rome’s Fiumicino airport plans to welcome passengers from the US without requiring them to quarantine, as long as they test negative for the novel coronavirus multiple times. Fiumicino says it will be the first airport in Europe to offer the “COVID-tested flights,” creating what it calls “safe air corridors” between Italy and the US.

It will test the idea out in December starting with flights from New York’s JFK airport, New Jersey’s Newark Airport, and Georgia’s Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta airport. If those flights are successful, similar flights could be made “widely available” by summer 2021, according to Fiumicino.

Fiumicino says it will require passengers to take a molecular or antigenic test within 48 hours before taking off. They’ll also need to take a rapid test once they get to the airport in Italy. The airport has followed similar procedures on “COVID-tested flights” between Rome and Milan since September.

7. Trusteft

Let's face it, for most people 2020 has been nothing but a disaster. We won't get back to normal till several months after the vaccinations commence.

Calliers likes this.
  8. Calliers

For me 2020 has been the -best- year in a loooong time. I made tonnes of money, played some great games, met the love of my life, it has been wonderful. It is always relative, but I agree for most people this year has been disastrous.

Mr Cairo and IvanV like this.
  9. Trusteft

I'm glad for you.

Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  10. Calliers

Thanks man. :)

Life is a wheel, it turns.

11. Tyrsonswood

Fixed...

Calliers likes this.
  12. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Well, reading that sure brightened up my evening! I'm really happy for you. :)

Calliers likes this.
  13. Calliers

Thank you @IvanV. Thank you. Yeah I've been fortunate and have a very blessed life. One very distressful thing that happened about some time last week though is my dad had a major heart attack, he almost died, but he pulled through and his heart was damaged but the medication is strengthening his heart to the point that he is to be discharged very soon and he had had a covid test before to which he tested negative, they gave him another just to be sure and he is without covid. So yes, I add that to my blessings, I could have lost my dad but he survived. And now he swears he is going to be a vegan and quit eating meat lol. :D

And @Trusteft I'm sorry I forgot to like your message, I'm juggling a bunch of crap over here so yeah. Lol.

Tyrsonswood and Mr Cairo like this.
  14. Mr Cairo

Same here, Glad its been a good year for you Calliers and glad your Dad is on the mend

Calliers likes this.
  15. Calliers

Yes, thank you. I just received word that they are discharging him tomorrow. :)

Everything is going rather swimmingly this year on my end. I hope you and yours are keeping well too @Mr Cairo.

16. IvanV

That was tough, fortunately, your dad was tougher! I hope he will stay safe take good care of himself in the future. :)

Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  17. Calliers

My dad eats white meat for the most part, like fish and chicken, but now he is swearing no more meat lol. He actually has High Blood Pressure, and the doctors think that it was that that caused the heart attack so yeah.

But yes he prevailed! We thank God. :D

Mr Cairo likes this.
  18. Mr Cairo

So just out of curiosity who is all for taking this vaccine that they are saying is ok ?

Personally im a little on the fence I really dont think its been tested enough but also realise that there is a real lack of options ..

19. Trusteft

I'm in Greece.
    I will take it.
    I would take it anyway. I have a younger cousin who has serious health problems since the day she was born. She can't get sick or else she will most likely die. She might not be able to take the vaccine. She hasn't gone outside her apartment since this whole covid thing started. A tiny apartment with no view.
    Even if I wasn't sure about the vaccine (I am), I would take it for her and others like her who rely on the rest of us for them to remain alive and sane.

20. IvanV

Which one is that?

Personally, I'm more or less in for all of them. The Oxford/AstraZeneca one is going back for further trials because of somewhat hit and miss results across different test groups and the Pfizer/Biontech option slightly worries me because of the requirement for storage at -70°C, as I'm not sure I trust the "gods" of logistics, i.e. the usual suspects in the transportation and local health branches, to keep it at that temperature at all times from production to injection and never screw up. Also, for the Russian one (Sputnik V, as apparently now there is one more), the efficiency data reported so far was, I hear, calculated from the results of a really small group, so who knows (AstraZeneca looked good when they published their data from the UK trials too). Other than that, I don't have any significant concerns. Moderna looks really good and so does SinoVac, from what I've read.