Covid 19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Unless my employment puts out some kind of requirement to getting the vaccine, I'm not inclined to opt for it voluntarily. I've never gotten the flu shot...ever. My physician told me that I must have a very good immune system as I've not gotten the flu for many years....even having ten grandkids who have gotten sick. I do have seasonal allergies, though, and take something for that on an as needed basis.

MIG-31 and Mr Cairo like this.
  2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I hope the people remembers this the next time there is an election. They won't, but I hope they do.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  3. Trusteft

Well, it's not just a matter if you will get seriously sick or die from it. It's others too. You might get it and not even cough once, you could still pass it on others who can't get the vaccine, or who just think they are not going to get sick, but they will.
    I still think it's seriously stupid to not get the vaccine because you are testing your luck, but whatever. Unfortunately there are more people like you who think that they are either at no serious risk or perhaps a bit more selfish than others.
    Good luck either way.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  4. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Well my dad got his first vax jab yesterday... The routine were just like a movie scene.. (BTW They Never said anything about the carer so i left it as it were...

A) You have to go past a police barrier.. If you don't look 80+ then i would presume id will be required... (To stop false sign ups for the time slot)
    B) Go up to somebody else on the door and announce who you are along with D.O.B & address.
    C) Clean Your Hands with sanitizer and they will question if the Facemask is used, In my dads case it were, For me as i use a washable Mask were not allowed to us it so i hade to swap it to a provided disposable mask.
    D) Move forward and are asked a few questions... And to fill in a medical form.
    E) Go toward another door and wait until a nurses table is free (including having to wait until the table and Chairs have been cleaned)
    F) Answer another set of questions, The usual type such as allergies etc etc.
    G) Join a que...
    H) When we got to the front of the Que wait till a nurse calls you forward...
    I) Wait until a Doctor signs the form
    J) Only then Then the Nurse will fetch the vaccine (In this case its the Pfizer-BioNTech Vax)
    K) Vax Administered
    L) Move Into another room and go through the name D.O.B & address again.. And need to wait for 15 minutes to be sure there are no immediate side effect issues... Once all seems fine only then are you allowed to leave..

And we will Need to go through the Routine again in march.

IvanV, Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.
  5. Trusteft

Any questions/forms about if one has a condition with their blood?

6. MIG-31

Nope, Nothing listed. But it would be worth mentioning at the time...

Trusteft likes this.
  7. Trusteft

Interesting. I remember watching a doctor in the UK (the first week this started) showing a form they had to fill in and there was a question about any conditions with blood.
    Any idea which vaccine you got?

8. MIG-31

We only had to fill in the first quarter of the form, The rest were for the staff... It could be there but i did not see it in the few parts i glanced over.

BTW i did mention it in the earlier post, It were Pfizer-BioNTech vax.

Trusteft likes this.
  9. Trusteft

Thank you. I hope you get yours too.

MIG-31 and Mr Cairo like this.
  10. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Or are more afraid of an untested Vaccine than than Covid, They cannot tell you what the long term effects of the vaccines are as most of them are under 6 months old ...normally it would take 5-10 years of testing before a general population release for a vaccine like this , im at the tail end of Thalidomide if I had been born just a couple of years earlier my mum would have been taking those "safe "supplements that were never tested on pregnant women..much like these Vaccines.

Typhoid vaccine developed in 1909 tested until 1914

Chicken Pox developed around 1970 tested until 1973

Covid developed 2020 tested 2020

An average vaccine can take up to 10 years we have knocked this out in 6 months ... im worried about Covid my wife and I both have serious underlying heath conditions that are managed through Daily medication and a vaccine that's using the people being inoculated on as its test group scares me more than a little

Im a parent do I want my child to have this yes and no ..yes I want him safe and No because im afraid of what may happen down the line

I am worried about 10 years down the road, pregnant women, health conditions ..what are the long term effects

also in the UK kids are not being inoculated ..why not? those little ones can still spread the virus even if they are unlikely to get sick from it Schools are closed again because of outbreaks

I just have doubts but have no illusion that I am somehow immune to Covid

11. Trusteft

That's fair enough, but medical technology has somewhat improved since the early 1900s. Or even the 70s.

12. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

There are things that have improved and those that haven't. Observation of long term effects has obviously been skipped, that is, emergency use has been allowed without those research phases. On the other hand, we did enjoy the benefit of the experience and tech needed to produce a candidate vaccine and the logistics required to perform trials on the scale of tens of thousands of volunteers across the globe (for each of the candidate vaccines) in record time. EDIT: Obviously, under ideal circumstances, we would have waited for those long term effects to be tracked, to be sure that there aren't any adverse ones and to have a better idea of how long the immunity lasts, but with pretty much everything in those vaccines being known, well tested substances, and the unknown being the "agent" used to get the immune response, with which you get into contact by getting ill anyway, under current conditions, I'd say it's the best option I've got.

Nah, despite the government officially holding the scientific stance ("vaccines are the best weapon against COVID, any of us will take whichever is available*, we should get as many people as possible immunized"), a huge chunk of the population is almost rabidly opposing vaccines and it's perhaps better for them (the gov) that there aren't too many available as, this way, those idiots are not feeling the pressure to get shots and also there will be no doses left unused (which would be interpreted as "someone embezzled some money getting the unneeded, unwanted experimental shots, just like they did with swine flu" (of which the government at the time did get a couple of million doses that no one wanted, because the whole pandemic fizzled out on its own, and with that strain of flu actually proving no worse than the regular one)).

* and then all of them who did get a shot got the one from Pfizer.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Trusteft likes this.
  13. Mr Cairo

Human body hasn't though ...

14. IvanV

Well, vaccines aren't a novel treatment. The question, as far as I understand it, is whether we have become able to produce one more quickly than before or not, not how a vaccine works and whether our bodies are adapted to such a thing. Admittedly the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines use a somewhat novel approach, but the AZ one is 100% traditional.

15. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Just to clear something up: I'm neither stupid nor selfish. I hope we understand that.
    When I'm out and about, and at work, I socially distance with a mask on. And, I keep my mask cleaned. My daughter-in-law makes the masks at home and are considered among the best of any made at one's home.
    As has been pointed out by others: The vaccines have not been put through the strenuous tests that previous ones have undergone. I pause for that reason among others.
    I'm also NOT against vaccines! I've had the polio/measles/mumps and other vaccines. Due to my cochlear implants, I have to have a specific vaccine every 5 years to prevent meningitis...due to the metal in my head. Could there be a potential reaction from this vaccine to the one I have already? No one can answer that question with any kind of certainty.

So, I take issue with the "stupid/selfish" characterization made above.

Carry on now.

There is an American Native saying: Don't judge another until you've walked a mile in their moccasins.

IvanV likes this.
  16. Trusteft

Just to clarify, I didn't say you are stupid.
    One doesn't need to be stupid to do something stupid.
    Also, my whole post to which you took offence to was a reply to a very specific post of yours and the information you typed in it. Everything in that post and what you typed there SCREAMED selfish.
    I stand by what I said, as a reply to your previous post. Obviously with your more recent post things changed.

17. IvanV

Everyone's a bit on edge reading all the crap people post on the Internet.

Not all who will skip the vaccine are stupid or selfish. With every vaccine, there are those who, for valid medical reasons, cannot take the shot. It is partly for their benefit that the rest of the population should get theirs. We all know that. On the other hand, the loud, splashing sea of those who spout complete nonsense (and I mean stuff that anyone who went to high school or spent 5-20 minutes googling and reading simple encyclopedic articles understands is nonsense), though, is at the same time frustrating and angering and it drowns the voices of those who have legitimate reasons to be extra cautious, so it's easy to shoot first and ask questions later when encountering anyone opting to not take the vaccine and perhaps not going into full details.

Ironically, those who will skip the vaccine for sound reasons (as well as anyone that takes the vaccine, but it doesn't build up immunity for them) are the main potential victims of failure to achieve proper herd immunity due to the irresponsibility of those who won't take it in order to stroke their own egos and show everyone just how independent thinking they are, even at their own and other people's peril. :mad:

BTW, our government opened a portal where people interesting in taking the shot can sign up yesterday, so I did. We'll see what good that will do to me.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

So... All you guys in the UK think you're special because you have your own COVID variant... Columbus Ohio just said "Here... Hold my beer and watch this". I knew all these anti-mask, "it's all a hoax", idiots were up to no good...

"The Columbus strain, named COH.20G/501Y, has three mutations not seen before..."

https://www.livescience.com/us-covid-19-variant-ohio.html

Yeah,

Trusteft likes this.
  19. Mr Cairo

No we don't not at all ..well not me anyway

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

That was sarcasm...

Mr Cairo likes this.