Covid 19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Mar 11, 2020.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

All i can say is that i have just arrived home from getting my AstraZeneca vax...

Not going to say if i have any side effects (At this time) three other members have had the jab two had side effects one did not...

Trusteft likes this.
  2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Side effects as in what exactly?

3. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

One sister had a Throbbing arm for around a week.

A second sister had a Fever for around 24 hours or so...

Two Brother In-laws one has Asthma, and the other has had Cancer Treatment a couple of years ago... Both got a Fever around 9 hours or so after the jab.

Trusteft likes this.
  4. Trusteft

Yeah, not unheard of as vaccines' side effects. Even for flu.

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

For some vaccines, it's the sign that they are working. When my mom had the variola vera (smallpox) shot as a teen (and that one contains the "live" smallpox virus), she didn't show any reaction, so my gran (who worked in healthcare) gave her another one. :D Still no reaction, though.

On the other hand, I've read that for adenoviral vector vaccines high temperature may be a bit of a no-no, as it could be a sign of the immune system reacting to the adenovirus with existing immunity to that virus and just killing the vaccine, but then again, sometimes, the more you read, the less you know, unless you go all in and get a PhD in immunology.

I got the second dose of the Chinese stuff (SinoPharm) today. The first one went well for me, one of my coworkers and my mom (and some other people I know). Some of my friends got the Pfizer - no complaints over there either. A few people I know got Sputnik V. Two of them reported high temperature for several hours. High as in 39.6°C. Yikes! They were completely fine the next day, though.

Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.
  6. IvanV

This is a relatively recent screenshot from a live broadcast on our national television:

[​IMG]

Our president is addressing the crowd and unveiling the monument to the founder of our best known medieval dynasty. The caption on the top right says "[Let us] act responsibly". This is essentially how our government has been managing this crisis the whole time. If you're a sane person, you've got a bunch of limitations (which are going to increase, as our numbers are again getting worse day by day), but if you're an idiot, then you are given plenty of opportunity, and sometimes even encouragement, to make crowds and defy measures.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  7. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

So my son has tested positive, He was feeling unwell yesterday had a few of the symptoms his work mandates that having 2 of the indicators requires a Covid test before going to work, He had the test yeterday morning at 10 and the results this morning and he has it.

10 days of isolation for all of us .... Not a symptom in the house since Christmas but this week we are allowed to travel a bit so on Sunday afternoon we walked up the mountain behind our house as the weather in unseasonably warm and now he has it.

should have just stayed in :)

8. IvanV

The likelihood of him catching it while going for a stroll around the mountain seems quite low. Having said that, I know a number of people that really took care, but got ill nevertheless. When things got serious last year, my better half's family - mom, dad, brother and uncle (who has his own house, but they share the yard) stockpiled food and didn't leave the yard for over a month (perhaps even more than two). With the exception of the uncle, they all caught it the moment they started leaving the house (even though even then they were limiting their exposure and only went out as much as they had to).

I hope the lad gets back on his feet soon. :)

Mr Cairo likes this.
  9. Trusteft

I have noticed many people keep touching their face, even though they are seriously taking precautions. They forget they are not supposed to. I have no doubt many people got infected that way.
    Others I see (on videos on youtube, but also know from a friend) to not clean properly anything they buy. Bags of chips, pizza box, etc. For some reason they just don't do it. It boggles my mind. I was cleaning/wiping them even before the whole covid-19 appeared.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  10. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

there's been several people i know that have gotten it and aside from being quite unpleasant, none of which ended up in a hospital which again regarding the nurses and doctors i actually personally know, it's pretty much a non-issue virus with the exception of those with old age, poor immune or just very unlucky being unable to fight it off. There are tons of people that ended up with it and the worst case scenario for them is getting a headache and sweating for a day or 2, while the others basically didn't have any notable symptoms and even the doctors figured the results were a false positive until after the 5th or 6th test.

arb65912 and Mr Cairo like this.
  11. Mr Cairo

Like I said we have been in Tier 4 here since Christmas and not a symptom our routine has been as rigid as hell, but 1 day out of our routine for a walk up a mountain and the next day my son is presenting symptoms, TBH not sure what else could have caused it ... I dont know how possibly it was one of the many gate handles that we had to touch open to get through fields or the Stiles we had to cross. I cant see how it can be anything else we are normally very careful

I have to say I mostly agree that after seeing the symptoms first hand it makes me think that herd immunity is the way to go, Not sure if my son is the norm but its the mildest case of flu I have ever seen ...So far.

12. IvanV

That's an awfully short incubation period!

Mr Cairo likes this.
  13. Mr Cairo

Yeah that very true but other than that nothing unusual for us but your right about the incubation time. Just at the moment myself and Gail are testing negative we have to have another test tomorrow I just dont want to do what ever we all did and end up with my wife having Covid ...just trying to figure out who or what introduced it

14. IvanV

Fingers crossed, guys!

15. IvanV

My better half's coworker came back from Croatia yesterday. Today she called the police, as instructed, and asked them for the exact date until which she needed to stay quarantined. They told her that they hadn't made a record when she entered the country, so she didn't have to quarantine.

Trusteft likes this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Sounds like you have a perfectly functioning program there...

Trusteft and IvanV like this.
  17. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

So you think he got it outside ?

Mr Cairo likes this.
  18. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

Now, I am not sure if I want a vaccine... I had hearth attack last year in March, I am afraid it might do me more bad than good...

19. Trusteft

FFS never listen to Judas for anything that is not computer hardware related. Even then listen with a very critical mind. (as you should for anyone).

Ask a doctor if you want.

arb65912 likes this.
  20. Mr Cairo

its the only thing in months that we did different we have been diligent in our approach to staying safe from Covid (my wife has Rhumatiod Arthritus) but TBH we could have got it from our own front door as we let ourselves back into the house. we haven't been anywhere and the methods we have in place worked for a year so I don't know what else changed ...we obviously missed something though

Thing is my Wife and I have managed to stay Covid free while my son has been home with us for the last 10 days we don't have a big house and all share the bathroom, kitchen and living room but even so we are testing Negative as of yesterday and tomorrow is day 10 for us so were are pretty careful.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    arb65912 likes this.